What's going on at Ft. Bragg?

BuffcoBuffco Senior MemberPosts: 6,243 Senior Member
Battallion commander dead, two wounded.

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,897 Senior Member
    The Fayetteville paper does not have enough info to tell much about it other than what you know.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,834 Senior Member
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,508 Senior Member
    I could tell you what CSM Grippe would say about this....
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • BakermanBakerman Member Posts: 382 Member
    I guess the murder charges will change his discharge status and make the theft charges seem minor.
    Bakerman formerly known as Bakerman
    Do we know what type of gun used?

And if mil weapon or civilian.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • AiredaleAiredale Banned Posts: 624 Senior Member
    I hope that this is not another silly joke. Who the Hell cares what type of weapon was used.
    There has to be a breaking point.
    Our servicemen (and women) face repeated deployments. They come home, only to be faced with another appointment with death or worse.
    They see and hear of fellow soldiers coming home without limbs. For what?? To support some corrupt government? I thought that we learned that from Viet Nam.
    It's no wonder that they snap.
    My son in law was a carreer Marine, I had the opportunity to visit Camp Lejuen a few times.
    I was overwhelmed with the dedication that those young guys showed me.
    But even that dedication pales when our government refuses to go out and win the conflict.
    If we want to win, do it! We have overwhelming military assets.
    We worry about "civilian casualties", Hell, they're all civilians! They wear no uniforms to distinguise themselves as military.
    It's Viet Nam all over again.
    I say what I mean and I mean what I say.
    Jim
    Airedale wrote: »
    Who the Hell cares what type of weapon was used.
    Jim
    I'll tell ya why it matters.

Remember the Muslim head quack that brought a civ handgun on base and shot those soldiers.

Well, the Mil over reacted and unless you live on base, many bases do not allow handguns on base
    ; not even to pass through for proper sporting activities.

Right now long guns are allowed to be brought on base for recognized sporting use.

All I and others that live next to and use base property need is for the same over reaction to be extended if civ a long gun was used.
    I hope that this is not another silly joke. Jim

I am really offended by that comment
  • steffen19ksteffen19k Member Posts: 255 Member
    I'm ex-Army, 1st Cavalry Division at Fort Hood, M1 Abrams crewman. 2 Tours to Iraq. I got out because I was sick of ROE that essentially threatened us with prison terms for FIGHTING A WAR, even though we were UNDER LEGAL ORDERS.

The real Irony is that not long after I got out of the Army, the whole world seemed to go topsy turvy. The economy in the ****, Nobama elected president, the Shrink with the gun randomly blasting people at my former duty station of 6 years, and all this other random crazy BS that shouldn't be happening in this nation.

So When I hear the words "former" or "Ex" I treat it like that horrible marriage that you hear so much about that the self proclaimed ex seem to be so happy to get away from.

So in the meantime, I'm just waiting for the civil war to start.
    Here is everything I know about war: Someone wins, Someone loses, and nothing is ever the same again.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,980 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    I'll tell ya why it matters.

Remember the Muslim head quack that brought a civ handgun on base and shot those soldiers.

Well, the Mil over reacted and unless you live on base, many bases do not allow handguns on base
    ; not even to pass through for proper sporting activities.

Right now long guns are allowed to be brought on base for recognized sporting use.

All I and others that live next to and use base property need is for the same over reaction to be extended if civ a long gun was used.

After that maniac shot those people here on Fort Hood, they re-instated the policy to register private weapons on post if you intend to bring them on post to use the range. They had just dropped that requirement. Of course, no policy or regulation would have prevented that fruitcake from doing his dastardly deeds.

We can still bring handguns on post, if registered, for sporting purposes only.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,458 Senior Member
    I hope that this is not another silly joke. Who the Hell cares what type of weapon was used.
    There has to be a breaking point.
    Our servicemen (and women) face repeated deployments. They come home, only to be faced with another appointment with death or worse.
    They see and hear of fellow soldiers coming home without limbs. For what?? To support some corrupt government? I thought that we learned that from Viet Nam.
    It's no wonder that they snap.
    My son in law was a carreer Marine, I had the opportunity to visit Camp Lejuen a few times.
    I was overwhelmed with the dedication that those young guys showed me.
    But even that dedication pales when our government refuses to go out and win the conflict.
    If we want to win, do it! We have overwhelming military assets.
    We worry about "civilian casualties", Hell, they're all civilians! They wear no uniforms to distinguise themselves as military.
    It's Viet Nam all over again.
    I say what I mean and I mean what I say.
    Jim

Psstttt...... The military.................. The reason they exist........ is to FIGHT! Not to get free college money.

Don't want to deploy to a combat zone? Don't join the military. Don't want to leave your wife and kids? Don't join the military.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    Big Chief wrote: »
    After that maniac shot those people here on Fort Hood, they re-instated the policy to register private weapons on post if you intend to bring them on post to use the range. They had just dropped that requirement. Of course, no policy or regulation would have prevented that fruitcake from doing his dastardly deeds.

We can still bring handguns on post, if registered, for sporting purposes only.

I think they would allow handguns here if they had a recreational range at the Air Station, but,
    the only such range is a skeet range.