They finally talked me into it...

HAWKENHAWKEN Senior MemberPosts: 1,688 Senior Member
A few prayers and words of encouragement might help. I go in July 5th to have a TV camera shoved up my arse. I told them that they probably better knock me out first, or I would probably knock out the doctor. This does not sound like my idea of fun........Robin
I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,987 Senior Member
    If it is a colonoscopy and not a sigmoidoscopy they will anyway.

The sig one lets you watch the fun.

Enjoy the go-lightly.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,086 Senior Member
    The worst part is the prep. You have to be cleaned out before the upthebuttascopetomy. Lots of laxatives and other pleasantries!! The stuff I had to take is called "fleet", whoever named it has a sense of humor. Be home and close to the bathroom when you take it. And you will probably be knocked out. That's the best part!!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,731 Senior Member
    If you're talking about a colonoscopy, it's not that bad - just the fasting and crapping before you go in, and the waiting around. The procedure, itself, is nothing.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Yeah, I'm due next year. Dad told me that when the time comes, bring a stack of books to the john, or maybe my iPad...
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,328 Senior Member
    Hope everything comes out well for you.

I will be very leary if you post a youtube video any time soon..............
    Jay wrote: »
    Hope everything comes out well for you.

::groan::
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    As bad as it may seem, I'm sure colon cancer is worse. Get it checked. A friend in the church got colon cancer and it took him way too soon.

Besides, a hose up the rectum? That sounds like my idea of a PARTY!!!! :jester:
    Buffco wrote: »
    Anyone ever tell you that you are one sick puppy. :confused:
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
    Every chance we get.

NRA Endowment Member
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,328 Senior Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    ::groan::

Yeah, I know. I had to be the one to do it. :bang:

ETA, I must say it wasn't as bad as Buffy's post, though.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    I guess I'm colonoscopy curious, that's all.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,664 Senior Member
    They don't knock you out. More of a mild sedation it's not bad at all. The preparation is bad, a gallon of not very tasty liquid that you have to drink is the bad part.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,664 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    They refer to the preparation as "the night of a thousand waterfalls"

Pretty much.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    cpj wrote: »
    Im sure we could take up a collection and get you one. You would just have to do it sans anesthetic.
    Well, if he would come to the next shoot, I bet Jerry has a garden hose and maybe Woodsrunner could come up with some special pain killer.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    If he's got Ed Zachary disease, we might probe the wrong end!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,692 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    They don't knock you out.

Maybe not in Cali, but in these parts they do. Knocked me out cold for two hours, and I was loopy as a loon for the rest of the afternoon. That was the best part.

The prep sucks, but the procedure itself is nothing, and no after effects that I could tell.

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,018 Senior Member
    Robin, Linefinder has a bore scope :tooth:
    You might be able to cut a forum member deal with him.

AJA, hope everything works out well for you
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• BakermanBakerman Member Posts: 382 Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    As bad as it may seem, I'm sure colon cancer is worse. Get it checked. A friend in the church got colon cancer and it took him way too soon.

One of our superintendents kept putting off his "inspection". When he finally had it done he was stage three with 29 pollops and a large tumor. The resulting operation to remove 18" laid him up for several weeks. Stage three means chemo cause it might be out in the body but hasn't shown up in other places. You don't want that. Early detection beats the alternative.
    Bakerman formerly known as Bakerman
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    I just had one done last Friday, they removed two polups. They did knock me out, used the same stuff that did Mikey J. in! Everyone is right; the prep is the worst part, the rest is nothing.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,195 Senior Member
    Because of a certain medical condition I have, this needs to be done every 2 years for the last 20---piece of crap...uh, I mean cake.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,195 Senior Member
    If you're awake, here's some things you can say...

1. "Take it easy, Doc. You're boldly going where no man has gone before!

2. "Find Amelia Earhart yet?"

3. "Can you hear me NOW?"

4. "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

5. "You know, in Arkansas, we're now legally married."

6. "Any sign of the trapped miners, Chief?"

7. "You put your left hand in, you take your left hand out..."

8. "Hey! Now I know how a Muppet feels!"

9. "If your hand doesn't fit, you must quit!

10. "Hey Doc, let me know if you find my dignity."

11. "You used to be an executive at Enron, didn't you?"

12. "God, now I know why I am not gay."

13. "Could you write a note for my wife saying that my head is not up there?"
    Overkill is underrated.
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,688 Senior Member
    Thanks a lot Paul. The anticipation is bad enough..........Robin
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior Member Posts: 2,725 Senior Member
    This proceedure, along with the necessity for the proceedure, will very soon be a thing of the past in most cases. The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, has recently completed extensive research using an isolated tribe of Native Indians in far western Alaska as "test subjects" and now has a simple blood test to determine if the cancer exists or even potentially exists. As I understand the results of the research a simple blood test on anyone past puberty will even identify the potential of the individual being at risk of developing this cancer much later in life. Those who test positive of potentially contracting the cancer will be able to avoid it through simple lifestyle modifications of their diets.

I tried to stay off the Forum, but I couldn't stay off more than a few months.....too many of 'yall need straightening out and correcting! Buffy and that new bow thing for example! GOD....what happened to him???
  • dlkdlk Member Posts: 419 Member
    HAWKEN wrote: »
    I go in July 5th to have a TV camera shoved up my

Tell us which network I don't want to be watching.

July 5th? Unless you have a TV in your bathroom, you won't see many fireworks. You'll feel some, but not see them!
    STEALTH COMPETENT

I know what I'm doing, it just doesn't look like it.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,351 Senior Member
    dlk wrote: »
    July 5th? Unless you have a TV in your bathroom, you won't see many fireworks. You'll feel some, but not see them!
    I was thinking about that-- not the way I would want to spend the 4th. Hawken's fireworks are going to be on the toilet. Good luck to you buddy!
  • 41magnut41magnut Senior Member Posts: 1,162 Senior Member
    :vomit:

T ........ M ........ I ........ !
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen :iwo: