Let's invade this home -- oops!

samzheresamzhere BannedPosts: 10,923 Senior Member
Yesterday evening (June 28) in midtown Houston -- not far from where I live -- two men picked the wrong place to invade.

The owner, a former Marine and ex-police officer, was home. Both baddies were shot on entry, then ran. One invader died from gunshot wounds just outside the home, the other was wounded and dropped off at the ER by his pal. The surviving perp will face charges.

No charges will be filed against the homeowner, of course.

http://www.khou.com/news/Would-be-Robbers-Gunned-Down-160783885.html

Sometimes when you flip that mental coin "Let's hit this place!", well, oops!

One less bad guy to face parole.

What still I ponder is the major risk burglars face when breaking into homes in cities like Houston, where plenty of people have guns and are ready to use them. Oh well.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,261 Senior Member
    It's a good thing he didn't stay in his home territory of Washington DC. He would have been the one in trouble for abusing the poor hard-working guys trying to make a living by robbing their neighbors!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    But how dare he shoot potential voters !!!! the nerve of some blokes taking the law into their own hands !!!

And yet another Happy ending !! one wonders what caliber was used.....
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    And yet another Happy ending !! one wonders what caliber was used.....

His being a former Marine (an MP) suggests a .45 but that's just wishful thinking on my part. Probably not a shotgun, as one of the perps ran outside and died on the driveway/lawn area. I'd guess large caliber handgun.

Despite that idiot who recently bought a long prison sentence for shooting his neighbor, here in Texas the law pretty much favors the defender. If they're in your home, you have no obligation to retreat. These two guys made it into the front door where the former Marine was waiting, fearing for his life, and armed.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • Bad HabitBad Habit New Member Posts: 15 New Member
    he was not a former marine- just no longer active duty.

probably not scared either but pissed off that the thugs dared to invade his home.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,651 Senior Member
    Bad Habit wrote: »

probably not scared either but pissed off that the thugs dared to invade his home.

Some folks just font get it

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    They get it in the end however..... :guns:
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,595 Senior Member
    One for the good guys. Being a criminal is dangerous in those parts, they should move to Chicago or NY NY.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    Some folks just font get it

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

The video interview showed him neither scared nor pissed, just matter of fact and pretty calm.

Sent from my trusty HP Pavilion via Sprint 4G

• DogwalkDogwalk New Member Posts: 10 New Member
    Bad Habit wrote: »

I beg to differ about not being a former Marine. Any Marine that is not on active duty is
    a former Marine. If discharged with a dishonorable discharge, he or she is an ex-Marine.
    I'm a former Marine and Vietnam Vet and at 73 yrs. of age, am very proud of my service
    to my country and never regret a day of my active duty. dogwalk
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,898 Senior Member
    Dogwalk wrote: »
    I beg to differ about not being a former Marine. Any Marine that is not on active duty is
    a former Marine. If discharged with a dishonorable discharge, he or she is an ex-Marine.
    I'm a former Marine and Vietnam Vet and at 73 yrs. of age, am very proud of my service
    to my country and never regret a day of my active duty. dogwalk
    Well, Son your wrong; CMC declared last year once a Marine always a Marine. Except those with as less than
    honorable discharge.

And since it is brought up, saluting at ceremonies and during the National Anthem in civvies while covered
    discharged or retired is also a authorized new thing.

Just thought you should know that so you will.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,689 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »

And since it is brought up, saluting at ceremonies and during the National Anthem in civvies while covered

Good to know,Thanks Ned
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs
  • mkk41mkk41 Banned Posts: 1,932 Senior Member
    I can see the pre-invasion planning now,

"Yo dog , check this place out , Marine Corps flag , NRA welcome mat and Smiff & Western door knocker. Let's hit it!"
    "There are no victims , only volunteers!"
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,835 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »

Yep! Applies to all veterans. Signed into law October 14, 2008 by President Bush....

http://www.va.gov/opa/pressrel/pressrelease.cfm?id=1609
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"