Home Main Category General Firearms

I just got a deal on a Kahr

CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior MemberPosts: 13,466 Senior Member
I finally opened my email from this past weds. from CDNN and they had Kahr K9's trade ins for $299! Very Good condition, they came from the NYPD undercover units. They were out of the $299 guns and I had to "settle" for a K9 in the factory box with 1 mag and night sites for $349, my LGS says book on these is around $600 if the condition description is accurate. No pics until I get it.
I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Replies

• SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Sounds like a great score.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,466 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    You REALLY suck.

You have until 2pm today to whip out your credit card, provided there is some left.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Sounds like a great score.

Yep, just trying to spread the joy.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    I finally opened my email from this past weds. from CDNN and they had Kahr K9's trade ins for $299! Very Good condition, they came from the NYPD undercover units. They were out of the $299 guns and I had to "settle" for a K9 in the factory box with 1 mag and night sites for $349, my LGS says book on these is around $600 if the condition description is accurate. No pics until I get it.

$349??? That's a DISGUSTINGLY good price! You definitely suck!
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,871 Senior Member
    Wow do you ever suck!! Stolen price, and a superb firearm. Those things shoot a whole heckuva lot better then any subcompact should. I miss my P9....still waiting for the right deal to come along on a .45acp Kahr
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
    Wow do you ever suck!! Stolen price, and a superb firearm. Those things shoot a whole heckuva lot better then any subcompact should. I miss my P9....still waiting for the right deal to come along on a .45acp Kahr

http://site.cdnninvestments.com/CDNN2012-2/index.html

View the catalog online, pages 12-13, lower left corner, ask and you shall receive.
    They still had some K9's left this A.M. guys. You can't see them on the online catalog though, just the .45's.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,962 Senior Member
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Good buy! Thanks fer the link too, now I'm wasting time:tooth: poking through their catalog:drool2: :up:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    NN wrote: »
    OK
    :yousuck:

Not yet, in about a week.
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Good buy! Thanks fer the link too, now I'm wasting time:tooth: poking through their catalog:drool2: :up:

If you send them your C&R they will send you their lovely full color catalogs several time per year for the bathroom library AND you get discounts on everything except guns.
    Here are the pictures, I finally found a 1/2 hour to get to the LGS and pick it up. Pictures with the 1-7/8" barrel J-Frame for comparison. The gun was very dirty, but there was no holster wear or scratches, I like it so far, have not shot it yet, everybody in the house could get a good grip on it except for my youngest. Wambli and Dan, what ammo did you settle on for yours for carry and practice? Any ammo you had trouble with? Any holster suggestions, the wife and I usually pocket carry or IWB tuckable carry?
    IMG_35901.jpg

The J-Frame is on top of the Kahr in case it is difficult to see.
    IMG_35911.jpg
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,240 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Wambli and Dan, what ammo did you settle on for yours for carry and practice? Any ammo you had trouble with? Any holster suggestions, the wife and I usually pocket carry or IWB tuckable carry?
    Not Dan or Wambli, but I keep the wife's PM9 stoked with 115 Gold dots. Reliable, accurate, and here's what they do from that short barrel into wet newsprint.
    Kahr5.jpg
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Thanks Paul, I remember your post now, how does your wife carry hers?
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 22,240 Senior Member
    Normally in the console of her vehicle, or a "bulldog" bag/belt pack
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Chiro, I had a K9 that I foolishly sold when I got my M&Ps; it was a great little pistol! I carried it in a Comp-Tac Undercover IWB.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    Chiro, I had a K9 that I foolishly sold when I got my M&Ps; it was a great little pistol! I carried it in a Comp-Tac Undercover IWB.

Did your shirt tuck well with it?
    Actually I don't care for tuckable holsters; I wear an undershirt and an outershirt over it.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • pardogpardog Member Posts: 423 Member
    Wow you totally suck! My next firearm purchase will be a Kahr
    I wear dress shirts during the week for work, thanks though.
    Yeah, I can't carry during the workday, so...

NRA Endowment Member
    pardog wrote: »
    Wow you totally suck! My next firearm purchase will be a Kahr

Thanks, check with CDNN, they may have some left.
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,871 Senior Member
    I think I was using Gold Dots and Rangers in mine for carry in my console. For just shooting EVERYTHING shot good, the Wolf stuff shot really well. Of course that was back when it was like 5$ a box lol.
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
    That is what have been hearing/reading Dan, thanks.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,812 Senior Member
    Great deal! I have a K-9 and K-40, but they didn't come that cheap.
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    That Kahr is sweet, you suck! I have 2 Kahr pistols and really like them both a lot. I am sure you will be very pleased with it. Congrats!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
    bisley wrote: »
    Great deal! I have a K-9 and K-40, but they didn't come that cheap.

I did my best to enable.
    Wow you REALLY suck!!! That is a better deal than what I got mine (well my daughter's now) for and I thought I got a screaming good deal. All my practice ammo is Remington UMC Bulk Packs (the big yellow box with 250 rounds). I buy it in 9mm, and .45 and just keep adding to my .50 cal ammo cans to keep them filled. When I go to the range/competition I transfer some to my .30 cal cans because the 50's are too heavy for easy transport. For the 40's I opted for Winchester 165gr target ammo bulk packs of 100. Both types are 100% reliable in all my handguns.

The girls carry TAP ammo on their K9 and P9. Flawless performance and above average for accuracy. I have not bought any in a while. Last time I found a good deal I bought a 3-4 year supply.

Thanks Wambli, but just out of curiosity, please define a "3-4 year supply", when you are Warlord, I do not want to show up looking empty handed:jester:.
    timc wrote: »
    That Kahr is sweet, you suck! I have 2 Kahr pistols and really like them both a lot. I am sure you will be very pleased with it. Congrats!

My LGS owner said it looked good and CDNN's description was fair, I should have bought two in hindsight, I have got some good deals from CDNN over the years, I got the J-Frame from them also for $299 NIB several years ago.
    Instead of ordering on the interweb you call the 800 number and ask "Michael" with the suspicious accent to look in inventory and find out how much he has of the stuff that's on sale, then you tell him to put the whole thing in a big box... :devil:

Gotcha, how big of a U-Haul should I rent to pick it up:roll2:.