A spicy concoction!

calebibcalebib Senior MemberPosts: 1,701 Senior Member
Last year I made some bacon infused bourbon which turned out pretty good. Today I decided to try something a little different, chili pepper infused vodka!

1.75 liter bottle of vodka
6 habeneros halved
6 serranos halved
6 jalepenos halved
let everything infuse for a week then bottle

IMG_5239.JPG

Replies

• sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,247 Senior Member
    I see pain in your future:head:

Sako
  • calebibcalebib Senior Member Posts: 1,701 Senior Member
    I just tried a spoonful and after only an hour since I made it up, it's already spicy.
  • bklysenbklysen Member Posts: 403 Member
    An an incredibly good Bloody Mary base. We have one of those 5 gallon 'kegs' I call em, glass containers that folks use to make sun tea with a spigot. Our batch used a few smoked peppers so it has a little different look through a clear glass.

Good stuff.:beer:
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,411 Senior Member
    Although this looks quite tasty, tell me more about this bacon bourbon.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,897 Senior Member
    I think that would be interesting.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    Like I said earlier, I would be interested to see that with tequila.

But then again, tequila is a staple drink for me...
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,258 Senior Member
    I've always liked my booze flavored with charred white oak - - - - -anywhere from 8 to 12 years is about the right amount of time!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 1,847 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    I've always liked my booze flavored with charred white oak - - - - -anywhere from 8 to 12 years is about the right amount of time!
    Jerry

Made in Kentucky, right Teach!! :tooth: :jester: Sorry Mr. Jerry, I just couldn't resist.
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,258 Senior Member
    My buddy Jack doesn't mind if I drink some of that "imported" stuff occasionally. It makes me appreciate what the good stuff tastes like!
    :beer::beer::beer:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,542 Senior Member
    You guys suck! Hopefully by the next SE shoot, my divorce will be done and my stress will be gone and my innards will be healed enough to have a beer or two or possibly even a slash of something stronger with a bunch of friends. It was killin' me to not be able to at least enjoy a cold beer or two while sitting around the bonfire. I did have a toast with Alec's port and even though it was tasty, there was other stuff that was being passed around that I would have liked to try.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,725 Senior Member
    What did you do with the bacon after you soaked it in whiskey?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    I strained off the bacon and fat and tossed it. After a week of soaking in bourbon it was less than appealing.
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    You guys suck! Hopefully by the next SE shoot, my divorce will be done and my stress will be gone and my innards will be healed enough to have a beer or two or possibly even a slash of something stronger with a bunch of friends. It was killin' me to not be able to at least enjoy a cold beer or two while sitting around the bonfire. I did have a toast with Alec's port and even though it was tasty, there was other stuff that was being passed around that I would have liked to try.

That kind of stress is no fun. I've had my fare share of relationship stress but thankfully my current one is remarkably free of it. It gets better.