Any thoughts on an IWB holster?

samfissuresamfissure MemberPosts: 60 Member
I use a Blackhawk for carry but with summer and the fact I've lost 20 pounds makes me want an IWB holster. Any thoughts on what to look for? I bought a heavy gun belt as well as some leather work for my bike from this guy: http://tennesseeholstercompany.com/iwb.htm and was really happy with it all, but not sure if the holster is practical or to bulky, etc, etc. Thanks for any input.
Who is John Galt?

Replies

• wddodgewddodge Senior Member Posts: 992 Senior Member
    I can vouch for the Crossbreed Supertuck holster. I can almost forget that I have it on at times.

Denny
    Participating in a gun buy back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.... Clint Eastwood
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,904 Senior Member
    Look like fair holsters at the link
    I just am leary of IWB during the heat of summer
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    What are you carrying? My normal carry is a G27 IWB with a clip draw. I have carried in swimming trunks and a wife beater before. It is like it isn't there...
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Heard great things about Crossbreeds but I have used a Milt Sparks Exec Companion for years with a commander size 1911 and it just fits me now.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
    I really like the looks of that Milt Sparks Exec Companion.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 6,945 Senior Member
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,052 Senior Member
    Crossbreed. I've used Blade-Tech with full-size revolvers, and Bianchi, and a Crossbreed-type design with a 5" 1911. The Crossbreed is most comfortable and actually easiest to conceal.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • U TU T Member Posts: 405 Member
    Check out the Comp Tac - Minotaur holser. It's real similar to the Crossbreed Supertuck. I just bought one for my XDM, but haven't really worn it much, but it seems nice.
  • samfissuresamfissure Member Posts: 60 Member
    What are you carrying? My normal carry is a G27 IWB with a clip draw. I have carried in swimming trunks and a wife beater before. It is like it isn't there...
    Yeah that would've been helpful info:bang:, I carry a Sig P229. Thanks for all the suggestions!
    Who is John Galt?
  • alvenalven New Member Posts: 1 New Member
    If you carry a weapon designed for concealed carry, up to 6 inches long, take a look at the Stealth Defense Strut Holster. It is a new way to carry with an IWB holster which gives you lots of dress freedom and comfort with your summer clothing.
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,465 Senior Member
    Crossbreed. I've used Blade-Tech with full-size revolvers, and Bianchi, and a Crossbreed-type design with a 5" 1911. The Crossbreed is most comfortable and actually easiest to conceal.

+1. This is my primary mode of carry with my 5" 1911.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,554 Senior Member
    The Crossbreed gets my vote.

I have bought a couple, and made a couple myself, with a similar design. With a large drawer full of holsters, these are about the only IWBs that ever get used, these days.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    For plastic pistolas, I carry in Comp-Tac IWBs, but for my custom 1911 CCO I splurged and went with a High Noon IWB in cowhide.

It's so niiiiiice....
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    alven: Welcome aboard.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,672 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Crossbreed.
    :that:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• BullgatorBullgator Member Posts: 393 Member
    I was fortunate that the first holster I chose for my XD was a Crossbreed. Great product with equally great customer service. Before I decided on a new carry gun, I'd make sure Crossbreed made a holster for it. They really are that good.
  • samfissuresamfissure Member Posts: 60 Member
    Too bad we can't get any kind of consensus..:jester: I've looked at the Crossbreed online and that'll be the one. Thanks again for all the input!
    Who is John Galt?