Home Main Category Personal Defense

Can anyone recommend an good aftermarket rail?

GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior MemberPosts: 1,095 Senior Member
I've been looking around the past few days, looking for either a permanent, screw mounted picatinny rail on the dust cover, or a clamp-on-to the-trigger guard rail system for mounting a TLR light...

Can anyone point me in a good direction? Alas, there isn't anything specific for my Ruger P-95, but my Ruger is similar in size as a Glock 19 far as the dust cover area; Do you think as a last resort I could mount a rail designed for the G19 on my P95 with minimal problems?

Thankyaverymuch...
I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA, Pietta 1860 .44 snubnose

Replies

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,662 Senior Member
    They are made of aluminum. So with a steady hand and a Dremel you should be able to make one work. I think they have cheap ones at Cheaper than Dirt. Wouldn't feel so bad if you mess up a cheap one....
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Posts: 1,095 Senior Member
    No, but I'd be more PO'ed at myself if I altered/f u b a r'ed my grip frame by drilling than if I chopped up a $5.00 add on rail...

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA, Pietta 1860 .44 snubnose
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,662 Senior Member
    You only drill after the rail is fitted to the frame. Mess the rail up, toss it and frame isn't drilled yet...
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Posts: 1,095 Senior Member
    yea true, didn't look at that way...