Once a commie!

mkk41mkk41 BannedPosts: 1,932 Senior Member
Got a guy at work , originally from Romania. Seems awful scared of the freedoms we Americans enjoy. Thse of us who have and talk about guns seem to bother him.

So naturally today , in the wake of the theatre shooting , he was on a rant about how if he were POTUS , he would send the army into every home to search for all guns , confiscate and destroy them.

Of course I had to chime in, "Ya mean just like Hitler , Stalin and Ceausescu?
"There are no victims , only volunteers!"

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,987 Senior Member
    Strange attitude
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • mkk41mkk41 Banned Posts: 1,932 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Strange attitude

Especially working for a US defense contractor!
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,467 Senior Member
    Wow. You'd think he'd have learnt sumthin'.............
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    mkk41 wrote: »
    Got a guy at work , originally from Romania. Seems awful scared of the freedoms we Americans enjoy. Thse of us who have and talk about guns seem to bother him.

So naturally today , in the wake of the theatre shooting , he was on a rant about how if he were POTUS , he would send the army into every home to search for all guns , confiscate and destroy them.

Of course I had to chime in, "Ya mean just like Hitler , Stalin and Ceausescu?

Guess you should take up a collection around the office for a one way ticket back to Romania....
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,195 Senior Member
    mkk41 wrote: »
    ......So naturally today , in the wake of the theatre shooting , he was on a rant about how if he were POTUS , he would send the army into every home to search for all guns , confiscate and destroy them.
    I guess he likes that kind of behavior from the government, so I can't say he came here to escape it.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • mkk41mkk41 Banned Posts: 1,932 Senior Member
    Guess you should take up a collection around the office for a one way ticket back to Romania....

Errr , tempted as I am , I'm already on thin ice with HR!
  • 10 AC10 AC Member Posts: 309 Member
    Hey, George I was just about to say something along those same lines.
    Teach
    If you don't have a C&R FFL,you really need to consider getting one----it's a license to spend money, though.
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,246 Senior Member
    We have a Romanian on our volunteer fire dept. who is an apple pie lovin' redneck wannabe. He has told me , " I love this country, I want my boys to grow up here and talk like the Tennesseans that they are."
    You just got a broken one. Alex had to scrabble for all that he has, and is firmly in love with his new home. Send the commie back, hes broken, you can't fix broken people.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY