Home Main Category Personal Defense

Replies

  • gunrunner428gunrunner428 Senior Member Posts: 1,018 Senior Member
    What? You'd advocate shooting poor, misguided children just looking for something to do on a hot summer night?

    Okay, liberal channeling over. 32 round mag, or multiple reloads on you, is apparently not as paranoid as some might make it out to be!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    What? You'd advocate shooting poor, misguided children just looking for something to do on a hot summer night?

    After a couple of the mob go down to a few accurate double-taps, I'll bet the rest of them would find something else to do. The cops could track them all the way home by following the brown streaks!
    Jerry
  • BarrydBarryd Member Posts: 194 Member
    Where is Charles Bronson?
    Barry
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    After a couple of the mob go down to a few accurate double-taps, I'll bet the rest of them would find something else to do. The cops could track them all the way home by following the brown streaks!
    Jerry

    But they are defenseless children........................I think a whole bunch of the problem is they quit spanking little Johnny and Janey , they have too much free unsupervised time and access to mobile communications devices they use to say where to mass and rampage. They can organize a meet in seconds and start a rampage. They need to be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

    As you say, someday somebody is gonna start busting caps on them and some will be DRT. It would be hard to feel sorry for them.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • dlddld Member Posts: 412 Member
    mkk41 wrote: »
    Why do you need a 32rd magazine?

    because you can:cool2:
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    They need to be prosecuted to the full extent of the magazine.

    Fixed it for ya!
    Jerry
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    dld wrote: »
    because you can:cool2:

    Beat me to it!!!

    Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • ilove22silove22s Senior Member Posts: 1,393 Senior Member
    dld wrote: »
    because you can:cool2:

    no. because they dont make a 50 round drum, yet.
    The ears never lie.

    - Don Burt
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,101 Senior Member
    mkk41 wrote: »
    Why do you need a 32rd magazine?
    Because they won't let us carry claymores (The mines, NOT the scottish blades.... I know this crowd :tooth: )
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.


  • BPsniperBPsniper Banned Posts: 1,961 Senior Member
    For when 31 ain't enough.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • mythaeusmythaeus Senior Member Posts: 831 Senior Member
    My wife and/or I either lived near or walked by or frequented all of the areas where these flash mobs happened. It's unnerving, but I have no doubt that either one of us will do whatever it takes to protect ourselves, especially we know very well the possible outcome which had included severe brain damage for one of the victims. Hopefully, a few initial rounds will be enough, but there's always the reload.

    Someone said that one day these "kids" will come across the "wrong" person and the outcome will be very "ugly" for them; but, another person rephrased that one day these kids will come across the "right" person and the outcome will be "beautiful". Given the climate of the city, generally fearful, the DA will have a very difficult time to press charges when knowing full well the possible outcome given what happened to the victims in the past...but again, this is Philadelphia government we're talking about. If anything comforting about the jury of our peers, the Gerald Ung trial outcome is it. Even if charged, there's still hope.

    Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Al, I can just imagine the breakdown in the "victim selection process" if one of those mobs decides to pick on the "skinny Asian guy"! Double trouble for the creeps if both of you happen to be the target of opportunity! Keep a sharp eye out for trouble and do whatever's necessary if things turn ugly!
    Jerry
  • BakermanBakerman Member Posts: 382 Member
    Yankees................
    Bakerman formerly known as Bakerman
  • ZEUSZEUS New Member Posts: 3 New Member
    15 is plenty.OH WAIT I think they call that a hi-capacity clip,URG did I say clip?I mean mag.I guess since it's a hi-cap.I can do the 32.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    I had a similar encounter years ago in N.Y.C.
    2:30 am after a busy tour, I decided on a late snack at a restaurant near My apartment, as I crossed the parking lot, I encounter a mob of 20 or so rowdy youths, teens all carrying heavy sticks, they are yelling waving the sticks and foul language etc......

    At around 25 feet or so I flip My jacket back and draw and yell: "who's first ??!!!"

    No one wanted to be first, and like a school of minnows flitted off in another direction other than mine.
    I called it in and then enjoyed a rather nice meal....
    The uniforms had plenty of fun...
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    More reasons to carry and be extra vigilant too, avoiding some places too.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • mkk41mkk41 Banned Posts: 1,932 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    More reasons to carry and be extra vigilant too, avoiding some places too.

    Like Philthadelphia!:whip2:
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    So true !!!
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,167 Senior Member
    Surefire is coming out with a 100 rounder soon........... I need one before the Zombies come...

    SF-HCM_100_M4__.png
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Then it sure will be "That dang Yankee gun you load on Sunday, and shoot all week !!!!"
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement