Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

the President speaks on the Second Amendment

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Gun-related comments by a politician should be taken with the same degree of credibility as advice on brain surgery by a plumber. Odumbo has probably never so much as handled an AK, let alone fired one! He could make a fortune selling fertilizer- - - -just back a dump truck up to the White House and let him talk to it! The Fox News loudmouth Bill O'Reilly has been calling AK's "Heavy Weapons", so the flood of misinformation isn't limited to comments by left wing nutbags.
    Jerry
  • 2Aman2Aman Member Posts: 332 Member
    I couldn't agree more Jerry.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Odumbo has probably never so much as handled an AK, let alone fired one!

I don't know about that...he spent some time in Pakistan.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,143 Senior Member
    Couple of things on this speech:
    "And I, like most Americans, believe that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual the right to bear arms."

I bet the Brady Bunch, VPC, et. al. had their collective heads assplode. Dear Leader just drove a steak in the heard of the "Collectivist view" of the second amendment. The Pres just said that "the people" does NOT mean the militia/ National Guard! We need to take that out of context and print that on shirts and bumper stickers.
    "You're competing against young people in Beijing and Bangalore. They're not hanging out. They're not getting over. They're not playing video games. They're not watching 'Real Housewives.' I'm just saying: It's a two-way street. You've got to earn success,"

But... you didn't earn that.

More from:
    http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-obama-romney-guns-20120726,0,1148639.story
    The president said that after the 2011 Tucson assassination attempt against then-Rep. Gabrielle Giffords that resulted in six deaths, his administration had "taken some actions on our own" on guns, "recognizing that it's not always easy to get things through Congress.

So, are you just going to admit that Fast and Furious was the under the table gun control scheme now?
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Now I am hungry, you said Steak !!!!!!!
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    And as usual, since there is no logic to their though process, every liberal tries to sell his points by alluding to this group called "a lot of _______" who agree with them.

"A lot of gun owners would agree that AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals -- that they belong on the battlefield of war, not on the streets of our cities," the president, who has called for reimposing the Assault Weapons Ban, said in a speech to the National Urban League.

Dana Perino once famously said how she got tired of reporters say things like, "Some have suggested...". So she called this reporter and asked who "some" were. Of course there was no answer.

I want NUMBERS, names addresses and freakin' SS numbers!!! Where is this "lot of gun owners" that agrees with this imbecile? I wish for ONCE some freakin' liberal would just say I'm pulling this notion out of my BUTT. I have nothing to back it up but once I make up my mind you will never change it because all these ideas are based on FEELINGS and EMOTIONS, not logic and feelings/emotions can NOT be debated or reasoned...

Dana Perino once famously said how she got tired of reporters say things like, "Some have suggested...". So she called this reporter and asked who "some" were. Of course there was no answer.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,669 Senior Member
    The Fox News loudmouth Bill O'Reilly has been calling AK's "Heavy Weapons", so the flood of misinformation isn't limited to comments by left wing nutbags.
    Jerry
    O'Reilly has just lost my attention. I am tired of that bloviating barf-bag.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,493 Senior Member
    O'Reilly has just lost my attention. I am tired of that bloviating barf-bag.
    O'Reilly's been a proponent of "common-sense gun control" for a while. One of the many reasons I don't bother to listen to him.

Naturally he doesn't often espouse that idea, or the fact that he opposes the death penalty in the way we do it, as it tends to drive away listeners.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,249 Senior Member
    This is REALLY beginning to amuse me greatly.

We have a president who is a DEMOCRAT FROM CHICAGO.

His opponent is a GOVERNOR OF MASSACHUSETTS.

Both of them are currently saying that the 2A is about the individual RTKABA.

Since it's clear that supporting gun control measures is now political suicide, and since both of them have a few gun control skeletons (some still reasonably fresh and smelly) in their closets, I am EAGERLY awaiting a finger-pointing argument going the way of "I'm MORE pro-gun than you are!" "No you're not!" "YES I AM!!!" Which of them do you think will call for the repeal of NFA 34 first?
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Politics as usual- - - - -if their lips are moving, it's an odds-on bet there's a lie or two on the way!
    Jerry
  • Jim TomJim Tom Member Posts: 338 Member
    The way I heard it reported, obama said he supported the second ammendment because of American's longstanding tradition of hunting and target shooting, which gives him a WHOLE lot of latitude about which guns are appropriatefor such pursuits. He didn't say anything about guns for individual or common defense.

Besides, he said he would only nominate supreme court justices that believed in the second amendment, and look how narrowly his two appointees have ruled on 2nd ammendment cases so far.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,669 Senior Member
    O'Reilly's been a proponent of "common-sense gun control" for a while. One of the many reasons I don't bother to listen to him. Naturally he doesn't often espouse that idea, or the fact that he opposes the death penalty in the way we do it, as it tends to drive away listeners.
    I have been watching him for a long time, and never actually heard him say that before, but I guess I could have missed it. When you add the words "common sense" to an idea, it sounds mostly benign. Lately I have been getting tired of some of the things he espouses, and his ignorant rant about "heavy weapons" the other night pretty much tears it for me.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,493 Senior Member
    I've read a few interviews where he said that stuff. I don't know if he says it on the show.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,143 Senior Member
    "A lot of gun owners would agree that AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, ..... that they belong on the battlefield of war, not on the streets of our cities,"

Hey, Mr. President... you would rather this teen who used an AK in self defense was killed by the armed home invaders?
    http://www.valleycentral.com/news/story.aspx?id=652624#.UBKUEvXYFtp

It's not about hunting. Its about screw you.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Gun-related comments by a politician should be taken with the same degree of credibility as advice on brain surgery by a plumber. Odumbo has probably never so much as handled an AK, let alone fired one! He could make a fortune selling fertilizer- - - -just back a dump truck up to the White House and let him talk to it! The Fox News loudmouth Bill O'Reilly has been calling AK's "Heavy Weapons", so the flood of misinformation isn't limited to comments by left wing nutbags.
    Jerry

I saw that twice from Bill on Fox. Lou Dobbs tried to straighten him out last night, but I don't think he "Gets It"
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 902 Senior Member
    I challenge any politician that proposes Gun Control Legislation to provide facts that any current gun law has had any impact on preventing gun violence or reduced crime. If they would do some research they would find none have had any positive results.

MSNBC‘s Chris Matthews apparently wants Tom Cruise’s character from the 2002 movie “Minority Report” to help U.S. law enforcement predict the future and make arrests before a crime is committed. Matthews made the outlandish suggestion Monday night as he was discussing the tragic “Dark Knight” shooting in Aurora, Colo. where 12 people were killed and 50 injured.

Talking directly to Dr. Michael Brannon, a forensic psychologist and director at the Institute for Behavioral Sciences and the Law, the “Hardball” host fantasized about a world where people were arrested before they could commit such atrocities.
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/chris-matthews-actually-asks-if-movie-minority-report-could-become-reality-to-capture-criminals-ahead-of-time/
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Bill is a bloviator, to use one of his own favorite words! He is mostly OK, but gets full of himself to a point that it's annoying. Glen Beck and Lou Dobbs are at odds wirh him over his RKBA views.

blo·vi·ate  /ˈbloʊviˌeɪt/ Show Spelled[bloh-vee-eyt] Show IPA
    verb (used without object), blo·vi·at·ed, blo·vi·at·ing.
    to speak pompously.

: to speak or write verbosely and windily
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    Jerry

:that::agree: Hey Teach, you just solved Odummbutts, green energy solution!!!! I likes that part ya said about the dump truck!!!!!:roll2: That's funny right there, I don't care who you are, thats funny!!!!!!!!!!!! But true also!!!!!! I doubt that any of our past Presidents, and or congress members, have handle guns a lot of times, in there life, oh yea we had a few, but IIRC and correct me if I am wrong, the Bush's, and Theodore Roosevelt were avid gun owners, and hunters?
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    O'Reilly's been a proponent of "common-sense gun control" for a while. One of the many reasons I don't bother to listen to him.

Naturally he doesn't often espouse that idea, or the fact that he opposes the death penalty in the way we do it, as it tends to drive away listeners.

Yea breamfisher, I never listened to him or watched him much either in the past, and I dang sure ain't going to start now, after the inept,comments he made recently....
    As far as non-existent items and things on this planet, such as so called 'Assult rifles', 'High Capacity magazines', 'average gun owners with heavy weapons', and above all
    "Common sense gun laws", they ain't never been such a thing as far as I am concerned, never has been, never will be... it's just some type of 'New Speak' words with absolutely no meaning to me what so ever!..
    "It is what it is":usa: