Internet Explorer users... I have some bad news

ADRidgeADRidge MemberPosts: 173 Member
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14370878

Evidently you're dumber than us Firefox users.
.IE surfers were found to have an average IQ lower than people using Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Users of Camino and Opera rated highest.

Sorry bout that. :p
In space no one can hear you scream... but if you put a helicopter up there, some jerk would complain about the noise!

Replies

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,105 Senior Member
    Duuuuhhhh......eye bee a furfax usir
    :confused:
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • NyGunownerNyGunowner Banned Posts: 328 Member
    There have been several studies indicating on average, homosexuals have a little bit higher IQ than heterosexuals. Maybe there's some correlation?
  • BillyDBillyD Member Posts: 191 Member
    Well I guess those extra years of third grade paid off after all.
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    NyGunowner wrote: »
    There have been several studies indicating on average, homosexuals have a little bit higher IQ than heterosexuals. Maybe there's some correlation?

What studies and what are the links you could provide to back this up? I am a clinical therapist and counsel homosexuals and heterosexuals and I would like to know where you got your information from and what empirical research you are referencing so I can see their base line and study group. I hold a PhD in Philosophy and one in Psychology along with a Masters in Behavioral Science. I have conducted and been part of a lot of profile studies determining statistical validity in determining intelligent levels.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,512 Senior Member
    ADRidge wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-14370878

Evidently you're dumber than us Firefox users.

Sorry bout that. :p

Well I'll tell you one thing. If my IQ were higher I'd sure as heck have a snappy comeback to this.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • ADRidgeADRidge Member Posts: 173 Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    Well I'll tell you one thing. If my IQ were higher I'd sure as heck have a snappy comeback to this.
    :rotflmao::rotflmao: Well played, sir!
    In space no one can hear you scream... but if you put a helicopter up there, some jerk would complain about the noise!
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,421 Senior Member
    What studies and what are the links you could provide to back this up? I am a clinical therapist and counsel homosexuals and heterosexuals and I would like to know where you got your information from and what empirical research you are referencing so I can see their base line and study group. I hold a PhD in Philosophy and one in Psychology along with a Masters in Behavioral Science. I have conducted and been part of a lot of profile studies determining statistical validity in determining intelligent levels.

"determining intelligent levels" .....Stop tooting your own horn. I believe it may have been meant in jest.
    Michakav wrote: »
    "determining intelligent levels" .....Stop tooting your own horn. I believe it may have been meant in jest.

Wasn't tooting my own horn, only fact. If it was in jest let him say so, he does not need you to speak for him. If it was in jest it was a poor joke.
    Actually he was inferring that we firefox folk could be homosexuals it really was a fairly good retort if you ask me.

That was my take on it anyways.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    A study done by the University of Common Sense says 95% of all studies find manipulated results ....
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    A study done by the University of Common Sense says 95% of all studies find manipulated results ....
    The news report I heard said 99%. Maybe we need to get a study on news agencies manipulating the numbers in their reporting.

How true that is indeed. Finding true empirical statistical validity in studies is so hard, because of the bias to manipulate the data in favor of a certain agenda.
    BillyD wrote: »
    The news report I heard said 99%. Maybe we need to get a study on news agencies manipulating the numbers in their reporting.
    If we do I bet we could get some government grant for like $1,000,000.00 to do so ...

NEXT YEAR'S S.E. Shoot will be in the FAR SOUTH ... in OZ!!! Get ready Orchidman!!!
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
    Yes we could turn it into an international study. We absolutely must know how we stack up against the rest of the world.
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Umm,what's a Firefox???
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
    A web browser.
    Umm,what's a Firefox???
    A kinda crappy Clint Eastwood movie from the 80's about a super jet fighter:jester:
    - George Orwell
    A kinda crappy Clint Eastwood movie from the 80's about a super jet fighter:jester:

:rotflmao::applause::up:
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,957 Senior Member
    Umm,what's a Firefox???

Don't listen to them; they don't know what a Firefox is! The Firefox is another name for the Red Panda Ailurus fulgens. Here's a picture of one. Cute little critters, they is, too.

ff1.jpg

And info on Firefoxes can be found here:

http://animals.nationalgeographic.com/animals/mammals/red-panda/
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Do you know why we need folks with so many degrees and qualifications ?

So Society can be more screwed up than ever before in six thousand years when it was common place to beat foolish ideas out of folks with a stick.

And no, Homosexuals are not smarter than Heterosexuals, I also felt that was said in a jocular manner.

Another fact:
    Degrees do not make a person superior, it simply means you know how to memorize and digest facts and pass tests.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    It was a crappy 80's movie / thriller about how Clint Eastwood steals a crappy high tech Soviet / Russian super Jet.

Fixed it...
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    Degrees do not make a person superior, it simply means you know how to memorize and digest facts and pass tests.

I have heard Where you are standing and what is going on around you deteremines just how smart you are. If you are lost in the woods and have a Phd in Nuclear Physics you might be S.O.L. but if you are a high school grad but were in the Boys Scouts you are smarter there ... just saying it is relative.
    - George Orwell
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,508 Senior Member
    I read once that 87.8% of all statistics are made up on the spot for the purposes of Psuedo Intelligence....
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
    Another fact:

First, you are right that a degree does not mean a person is superior, it only reveals their desire and persistence to endure and accomplish a body of work. The second part of your comment is very simplistic and not true. It was not about digesting facts and passing tests. My Doctorate was dependent upon my dissertation, which was based upon five years of research with clients in therapy and having to prove the validity and success of Theo-centric psychotherapy and its success rate compared to other platforms of therapy. Without definite and proven results, with the clients who were part of the research work, who experienced marked improvements of behavior to the point of no longer needing therapy, the committee overseeing my work, would not have approved my Doctorate.

A Doctorate in my field is not given for class work or passing test only, because if the dissertation is not a result of empirical evidence and proven results, you are not granted a Doctorate. We have to take what we have learned, make application in terms of actually results, demonstrating this knowledge, by putting it into practice and using innovative techniques to validate that we really know what we are doing, and that it is a valid and workable therapy. If not, then we would be turned down and not granted a Doctorate. If you are not granted a Doctorate by a university, you can't just go to another one and try that Doctorate again. You either make it because you know what you are doing or you don't make it. Therefore, more is required than just digesting facts and passing test.
    My favorite Jackie Gleason joke:

He is lost in the boonies, and he finds a hick / rube, and starts asking him if he knows where (insert Various locals) and the rube responds no every time, Jackie is miffed by now and quips, You don't know very much do you ?
    The rube responds, I do know one thing Mister, and what us that ? Ole Jackie asks,
    I aint lost Mister !!!! :applause:

Yes everything is relative, survival skills trumps other purely intellectualism in the correct setting.

Hence why Ecclesiastes 3:1 says:
    KJV
    To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
    You stand on the shoulders of giants.
    It is all relative in any case, not to minimize anyone efforts in any field of endeavor, but all of the work in the field of Psychology is well trod and rote unless you can also lay claim to have written at least part of the DSM too.
    You stand on the shoulders of giants.
    It is all relative in any case, not to minimize anyone efforts in any field of endeavor, but all of the work in the field of Psychology is well trod and rote unless you can also lay claim to have written at least part of the DSM too.

Not so, where do you get your lack of understanding. It is not all trod nor all rote, and it goes to show your lack of understanding and appreciation concerning eclectic approaches to personality disorder and other disorders, based on other platforms of therapy besides naturalistic philosophy. No two clients can be approached or counseled with the same specific plan of therapy. Even if their symptoms are the same, their reasons for their behavior are different, because their beliefs or different. And by the way, I have been part of a revision committee and the DSM is not a hard fast standard by any stretch of the imagination, and it already needs another revision. I think I will let this be the end of our conversation on this matter. I am sure you can come up with another illogical approach to justify your initial approach to this subject. I will admit that I didn't know you were a licensed clinical therapist with advance certifications and doing research to answer so much of the uncertainty that still exist in psychology where all of the work is well trod and rote.
    I am just a jaded old country bumpkin type feller, not impressed by very much anymore.
    I am just a jaded old country bumpkin type feller, not impressed by very much anymore.

I am going to apologize to you DoctorWho, because I could not agree more with your statement when you said, "not impressed by very much anymore." Because I am not impressed very much at all with my mini dissertations I leveled at you, and you said a whole lot more than I did and it had a lot more meaning. I sure hope you can forget I wrote the stuff above, it was very arrogant of me. I need to go to bed.
    It's ok, rest well.....