Internet Explorer users... I have some bad news

2»

Replies

• centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,508 Senior Member
    I'm just impressed someone from Picayune has a Doctorate...I've been through picayune, and I'm just sayin....:jester:
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • ken55ken55 Senior Member Posts: 781 Senior Member
    Not so, where do you get your lack of understanding. It is not all trod nor all rote, and it goes to show your lack of understanding and appreciation concerning eclectic approaches to personality disorder and other disorders, based on other platforms of therapy besides naturalistic philosophy. No two clients can be approached or counseled with the same specific plan of therapy. Even if their symptoms are the same, their reasons for their behavior are different, because their beliefs or different. And by the way, I have been part of a revision committee and the DSM is not a hard fast standard by any stretch of the imagination, and it already needs another revision. I think I will let this be the end of our conversation on this matter. I am sure you can come up with another illogical approach to justify your initial approach to this subject. I will admit that I didn't know you were a licensed clinical therapist with advance certifications and doing research to answer so much of the uncertainty that still exist in psychology where all of the work is well trod and rote.

Oh, take a fresh grip, my friend. I've got several advanced degrees in my field as well and I also teach at the University level. I've learned - often the hard way - that people who don't have the advanced degrees have a lot to offer by way of common sense and objective insight, unclouded by the murk of academia. They're worth listening to and lecturing them about what they don't know doesn't make us look very good anyway.

Let's go back to something more interesting - what do you think about 1911's? Are 1911 shooters really more evolved than Glock owners?
  • ken55ken55 Senior Member Posts: 781 Senior Member
    I am going to apologize to you DoctorWho, because I could not agree more with your statement when you said, "not impressed by very much anymore." Because I am not impressed very much at all with my mini dissertations I leveled at you, and you said a whole lot more than I did and it had a lot more meaning. I sure hope you can forget I wrote the stuff above, it was very arrogant of me. I need to go to bed.

That is impressive, my friend. Not too often a man shows that kind of character. Good on you and have a good rest. We'll all still be here in the morning - damn, it's already morning!
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    BillyD wrote: »
    A web browser.

Web browser? Are we talking Spiderman now?
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • NyGunownerNyGunowner Banned Posts: 328 Member
    I'm sorry if I got the P(iled)H(igher) and D(eeper)'s G-string wound around his.....

I've only got a lowly undergrad degree in behavioral sciences (psych/soc.) but I can read. it's been a few decades, but when we studied the funtionns of various parts of the brain, particularly the right/left hemishere diffrences, the research was always careful to point out that it was only valid for the particular group, ie, right-handed males were far more left-right specific in brain function, "hard-wired" that way, etc.

Left-handed males showed entirely different patterns of brain activity, they also tended to be a little more likely to be homosexual, and to score higher on some subsets of intelligence tests. So yeah, if you randomely grabbed 1000 right handed men and 1000 left handed men off the street, the left handers are a little more likely to do well on certain tests, (FWIW will on average make more money), and a higher fraction of them will be gay.

These are not if-then statements. There are dumb left-handed straight folks, smart, right handed straight folks, dumb left-handed gays, etc, etc. But the bais toward gays being a little smarter (ie better on some tests) and left handed is real, if small.

FWIW intelligence TESTS are like a ballistics test of a bullet. They attempt to predict what the person can do, but are only models, and often baised, imperfect models at that.

Even "Doc" Beartracker will remember the "Chitlin test", even if he doesn't know what a "deuce and a quarter" is.
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    NyGunowner wrote: »
    I'm sorry if I got the P(iled)H(igher) and D(eeper)'s G-string wound around his.....

I've only got a lowly undergrad degree in behavioral sciences (psych/soc.) but I can read. it's been a few decades, but when we studied the funtionns of various parts of the brain, particularly the right/left hemishere diffrences, the research was always careful to point out that it was only valid for the particular group, ie, right-handed males were far more left-right specific in brain function, "hard-wired" that way, etc.

Left-handed males showed entirely different patterns of brain activity, they also tended to be a little more likely to be homosexual, and to score higher on some subsets of intelligence tests. So yeah, if you randomely grabbed 1000 right handed men and 1000 left handed men off the street, the left handers are a little more likely to do well on certain tests, (FWIW will on average make more money), and a higher fraction of them will be gay.

These are not if-then statements. There are dumb left-handed straight folks, smart, right handed straight folks, dumb left-handed gays, etc, etc. But the bais toward gays being a little smarter (ie better on some tests) and left handed is real, if small.

FWIW intelligence TESTS are like a ballistics test of a bullet. They attempt to predict what the person can do, but are only models, and often baised, imperfect models at that.

Even "Doc" Beartracker will remember the "Chitlin test", even if he doesn't know what a "deuce and a quarter" is.

You must be left handed:buff::hug:
2»