Home Main Category Personal Defense

How I almost Killed someone the other night

2»

Replies

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    Steve31645 wrote: »
    I'm sure most knowledgable members here know what a "safe room" is. If you don't then shame on you for being an uninformed gun owner and get online and Google it.
    The first thing you do is get to your "safe room" and call 911, tell them - who (everyone in the room), what, where (location) and that you are armed. Wait till they arrive and Identify themselves. You then come out reminding them you have a weapon, but it is now unloaded. Come out with your weapon in a non threatening manner or just set it on the floor and be prepaired to do what the officers instruct you to do! This may involve being hand cuffed till your ID is proven.

Pertinent information right there.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,110 Senior Member
    Steve...it's really hard to throw out advice that will work equally well everywhere..where I live, LE response to our rural area averages 30 minutes - often longer...we live in a three room cabin...there simply isn't a "safe room". Out here folks tend to deal with their own problems...and given the situation the OP described, I would most likely "take it outside" as well...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Now hiding a dirty diaper behind a neighbors couch...thats funny.

Only you ... only you ...

Now who's gonna be the first to try that on their stupid **** of a BIL? Just gotta find a friend with a poop factory :devil:
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Now hiding a dirty diaper behind a neighbors couch...thats funny.

I have been told that these work well in the trunk of the Fire Chief's car as well.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    A package of Limburger in the heater duct works better, particularly in cold weather!
    Jerry
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    A package of Limburger in the heater duct works better, particularly in cold weather!
    Jerry

Small dead fish works also.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,463 Senior Member
    I have been told that these work well in the trunk of the Fire Chief's car as well.

Sans the diaper, you got a winner. Just got to keep him distracted long enough and remember tp....
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    Sans the diaper, you got a winner. Just got to keep him distracted long enough and remember tp....

Distraction is the easy part, just yell "Free Food!", or get one to tell you how great they were on the nozzle.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • BlkHawk73BlkHawk73 Member Posts: 149 Member
    I told my wife to stay put and IF she heard gun shots, dial 911.

1) Call 911 first, not after the fact!
    2) Leave the wife basically unable to protect herself??? Sounds like someone needs additional defensive devices, especially if it's just a .22lr...that's two new ones to acquire!
    3) What good are the dogs if they're locked up???
    4) While every scenario is unique, sometimes the best defense is staying put.

Good that this scared the $#!† out of her! People like that just don't get the whole idea that people will defend their home.
  • BakermanBakerman Member Posts: 382 Member
    shush wrote: »
    Small dead fish works also.

Next to old dead shrimp old thawed going bad squid is terrible........or just spray some Gulp juice in the air inlet.
    Bakerman formerly known as Bakerman