Home Main Category General Firearms

Should I buy this Rossi .22? $350 delivered

BigDanSBigDanS Senior MemberPosts: 6,992 Senior Member
I have a shot at this Rossi .22 for $350 delivered. Should I?

D
"A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:

Replies

• SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,463 Senior Member
    Dan, are you asking us to talk you out of it?
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    I want to know if it is worth it. It is stainless, but it is Brazilian, made before taurus got hold of them. I don't need another .22, but it is stainless...

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,463 Senior Member
    350 for a 22 revolver seems fair. And 22's are something that one can never have too much of....
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
    Actually, it's an auction with a buy it now of $299, $25 shipping and $25 transfer fee... Ends today at 1:30 PM

D
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Whew, that's a tough call. Fer some reason a Rossi was/is much better than a Taurus. $299 used, I just don't know. However, the closest thing would be a S&W model 64 Kit Gun like I own and I paid $275 for it used years ago.

Here is a Rossi

http://www.gunauction.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=9336231
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • rbsivleyrbsivley Senior Member Posts: 1,255 Senior Member
    Nope, I wouldn't buy it. Get this Ruger instead. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=297960905
    Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknow
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    I would pass.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    An old friend has a Rossi .44Spl snub that he just loves; the only firsthand experience I've had was with the Wife's Aunt's old Rossi .38 snub, which spit lead like a deranged dragon.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • KENFU1911KENFU1911 Senior Member Posts: 1,052 Senior Member
    I would get it for that price...the pre Taurus Rossi stuff was pretty good, and unless you want to go crazy and find a Smith Kit Gun at twice the price it's a good option......Ken
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    An old friend has a Rossi .44Spl snub that he just loves; the only firsthand experience I've had was with the Wife's Aunt's old Rossi .38 snub, which spit lead like a deranged dragon.

I have a old Rossi .38 snub that I'm letting my daughter keep for now that I really like. I picked it up a few years back for $250 out the door.
    Randy

rbsivley wrote: »
    Nope, I wouldn't buy it. Get this Ruger instead. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=297960905

Nice looking Ruger, but it is a semi-auto and it is blue.

I specifically want a stainless 9 shot revolver in .22 lr, and I refuse to pay $700 for S&W 617 with a 10 shot cylander. FWIW I already have a Colt Trooper in .22 LR in blue with a 6 shot cylander, an H&R Sportsman in blue with a 9 shot cylander and 6 inch barrel, a 929 with a 2 inch barrel and a 9 shot cylander in blue, and an S&W semi auto 22a. I really don't NEED another .22 revolver.... :yesno:

D
    BigDanS wrote: »
    Nice looking Ruger, but it is a semi-auto and it is blue.

I specifically want a stainless 9 shot revolver in .22 lr, and I refuse to pay $700 for S&W 617 with a 10 shot cylander. FWIW I already have a Colt Trooper in .22 LR in blue with a 6 shot cylander, an H&R Sportsman in blue with a 9 shot cylander and 6 inch barrel, a 929 with a 2 inch barrel and a 9 shot cylander in blue, and an S&W semi auto 22a. I really don't NEED another .22 revolver.... :yesno:
    D

Oh. In that case buy it. :cool:
    Randy

You ain't kiddin, Guns America and all the rest are absolutely gouging folks on their prices on .22 S&W/Colt revolvers. They ought to be ashamed.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,364 Senior Member
    BigDanS wrote: »
    I really don't NEED another .22 revolver.... :yesno:

D

I cant believe you said that. What has need got to do with it..........
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,877 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    You ain't kiddin, Guns America and all the rest are absolutely gouging folks on their prices on .22 S&W/Colt revolvers. They ought to be ashamed.
    2 things:
    1. It's not Guns America or Gunbroker, it's the sellers who are setting the prices, and the folks who are bidding on those prices.
    2. I don't know if it's because of the internet auction sites, or if they're simply reflecting it, but prices in gun shops have gone up, too.
    I'm just here for snark.
    The auction ended and it did not sell. I contacted the shop and they had already sold it to another "lurker"... I will just have to keep my eye out for it again.

D
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,575 Senior Member
    I think you're lucky. I wouldn't pay that for a Rossi. For one thing, parts are impossible to find, unless by chance they fit another pistol. LGS just repaired a Rossi and had to MAKE the part (a rear sight).

For another thing, the quality isn't there. I had a .22 Mag Taurus revolver, and drank a full bottle of champaign the day I sold it. It wasn't bad, but kinda meh in the accuracy department.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    2 things:
    1. It's not Guns America or Gunbroker, it's the sellers who are setting the prices, and the folks who are bidding on those prices.
    2. I don't know if it's because of the internet auction sites, or if they're simply reflecting it, but prices in gun shops have gone up, too.

They all should be ashamed then. Some are worse than oil companies or maybe that's why prices are so outrageous, so they can pay fer gas :yikes::tooth::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Oh boy, here is a great deal on a 7 shot Rossi fer $575.00. :yikes: Must be eating eat mushrooms with their corn flakes. I'd maybe pay $175 on a good day fer it.

They must have the "Midas Touch"

http://www.gunsamerica.com/900019861/Guns/Pistols/Rossi-Revolvers/Rossi_22_Revolver_22LR_2_33099.htm