Dumb Democrat Overreaction to CO Shooting - Bill to Ban Online Ammo Sales

alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior MemberPosts: 8,577 Senior Member
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/white-house-gives-cool-welcome-bill-restricting-online-182934423.html

All this legislation will accomplish is making it harder for the legislator's who's names are attached to get re-elected in November. Luckily I don't expect this to go anywhere, especially with the Republican controlled House and the lack of support from Obama and a large chunk of Democrats.
"Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
-DoctorWho

Replies

• Grizz1219Grizz1219 Member Posts: 424 Member
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,045 Senior Member
    ...Then soon enough they will want to close that evil "reloading" loophole. Senator Frank Lautenburg and Representative Carolyn McCarthy are the idiots behind this one.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,829 Senior Member
    Predictable....typical knee-jerk reaction.
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • mkk41mkk41 Banned Posts: 1,932 Senior Member
    It's all Al Gore's fault! After all , he created the internet!
    "There are no victims , only volunteers!"
  • ApexxApexx Member Posts: 111 Member
    To clarify...It's not overreacting..It's trying to capitalize politically on a window of opportunity. Imagine if this had happened in Obama"s first two years of office when he had the house and senate. Hello AWB and high cap mag ban.
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    mkk41 wrote: »
    It's all Al Gore's fault! After all , he created the internet!

Well according to Obama, he didn't create it by himself, he had help!:rotflmao:
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    Got an email this morning from Dudely Brown and the RMGO looks like they may want to ban magazine sales too:

At 5:30 PM eastern time today, Senate Democrats could attempt to force a vote on banning magazines used by sportsmen and for self-defense

S.A. 2575, the Schumer "Magazine Ban" Amendment, could soon come to the floor of the U.S. Senate for an up or down vote. Anti-gun Senators are attempting to tack it onto the "Cybersecurity Act," S. 3414.

The Schumer "Magazine Ban" would give Barack Obama's anti-gun Attorney General Eric Holder power to pass new regulations without Congressional approval, include serial number stamping and anyone "found" with one could be facing ten years in prison.

Please call our Colorado U.S. Senators right now and tell them to vote "NO" on S. 3414 (Cybersecurity Act) and S.A. 2575 (The Schumer "Magazine Ban"):

Senator Michael Bennet: 202-224-5852

Senator Mark Udall: 202-224-5941
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,978 Senior Member
    Like I said earlier right after the incident in CO on another post, I don't think this will pass on by like it has with other mass shooting incidents. The gun grabbers smell blood and think the time is right while emotions are high. Hopefully, all their underhanded knee-jerk anti gun legislation will get nowhere fast.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,788 Senior Member
    Hopefully the Republican controlled house will kill it.

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,662 Senior Member
    It requires ammunition buyers who are not licensed dealers to present photo identification at the time of purchase, effectively banning the online or mail order purchase of ammo by regular civilians

OK, I am going to try and state this without saying something that would cause me to ban myself....

Keep and Bear Arms:
    -Supreme Court agrees it's an individual right
    -#2 in the hit parade of the Bill or Rights
    -Federally restricted
    -Need an ID to buy a gun from a dealer.
    -Need State Issued permission to BEAR arms (except VT and AK)
    -They want to present ID to buy ammunition

Voting:
    -NOT mentioned in Constitution as an individual right (States decide how to distribute votes. Look it up)
    -Any attempt at requiring ID is considered sacrilege and brings the full force of the Govt and DOJ down on them

How can these ijits want more ID on gun rights, and less ID on voting? They are either criminally stupid, morally corrupt, or just plain evil.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,045 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    OK, I am going to try and state this without saying something that would cause me to ban myself....

Keep and Bear Arms:
    -Supreme Court agrees it's an individual right
    -#2 in the hit parade of the Bill or Rights
    -Federally restricted
    -Need an ID to buy a gun from a dealer.
    -Need State Issued permission to BEAR arms (except VT and AK)
    -They want to present ID to buy ammunition

Voting:
    -NOT mentioned in Constitution as an individual right (States decide how to distribute votes. Look it up)
    -Any attempt at requiring ID is considered sacrilege and brings the full force of the Govt and DOJ down on them

How can these ijits want more ID on gun rights, and less ID on voting? They are either criminally stupid, morally corrupt, or just plain evil.
    It looks to me that the whole ID thing for guns is racist. I will play that card. Why not?