Home Main Category General Firearms

Natord M1 carbine

JohnJohn New MemberPosts: 1 New Member
Natord cabine shoots good ejects but will not cycle please help

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,877 Senior Member
    Is it ejecting but the bolt not coming back far enough to strip a round out of the magazine? Will the bolt cycle but is unable to strip the round out of the magazine?

One is a gas management issue, the other's a magazine issue. Helps to know what exactly is happening so it can be diagnosed.
    I'm just here for snark.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,043 Senior Member
    John, Welcome!

We are going to need more info to be able to remote diagnose the problem. What kind of stoppage is it having? Is the round hanging on the feed ramp? Is the bolt not even trying to pick up the next round? is it stopping halfway in the chamber, or barely not closing?

If you could post a picture of the stoppage, that would help.

But the first thing to try is always a new magazine.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Agreed not a lot of info there but I do know it is a coomon problem tha I have experienced personally. What ever the exact cause is a Wolff spring kit and or a bolt kit will probably fix it. Those two items made a shooter out of my cabine when it decided to quit playing nice. I would start with the spring kit and go from there.

http://www.gunsprings.com/index.cfm?page=items&cID=2&mID=98

Welcome! When you get her fixed let us know what it was and tell us a little about yourself..... Do you like gladiator movies?
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    If it is "A single shot" before you try and shoot it again remove the handguards and check the gas-piston housing under the rear of the barrel. A Castle Nut should be in place (and staked through a small hole on top) holding the gas piston in the housing. The piston should move freely when you shake the barrel or blow/suck into the muzzle. Also make sure the housing isn't cracked. It may just be loose and need tightening/staked or plugged up.

Of course, check and recheck to ensure it's not loaded, weapon is clear first!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,575 Senior Member
    If it ejects but won't feed, sounds like a magazine issue to me.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,648 Senior Member
    In my first M1 carbine it started doing the same thing when the piston cracked that caused the bolt to cycle back to load the next round. It is held by a small screw that you will see when you break down the rifle. Unscrew it and clean the carbon stuff off the little gas piston and check to see if it still in one piece. That is what cycles the bolt back when you shoot. If it is broken you now own a single shot. Until you get a new part that is. I bought a Army carbine manual for M1 carbines that really shows how to tear one down and explains functioning (bought at gunshow for a couple bucks.) Good luck.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,126 Senior Member
    Welcome aboard.