I might have messed up?

HAWKENHAWKEN Senior MemberPosts: 1,688 Senior Member
The keeper of the checkbook was helping me pack everything up, in my den, prepairing for my move to Tennessee. Now she knows how many guns I have. She made some comment about how many guns do you have, and I said more than I need but less than I want. I tried to explain that you can't use one gun for every occasion, the I asked her how many pairs of shoes she owned. She was not amused bt that comparison........Robin
I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO

Replies

• NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Here's a little hint:

If you can make 'em look enough alike for most to be fooled you can double up on a couple and she won't know...

BAERPAIR.jpg
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • pardogpardog Member Posts: 423 Member
    There's no reason she needs to know how many guns you have. That way if 1 or 2 more show up, who's the wiser
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,000 Senior Member
    Yeah, calling her Amelda was not good.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Just tell her...
    "I like all types of women and all types of guns; which would you rather I share myself with?"

When you wake up take 2 asprin and go buy yourself another gun!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • wddodgewddodge Senior Member Posts: 1,014 Senior Member
    This is easy...... Have two safes and never, ever open both at the same time. If she sees something she hasn't seen before, just tell her that it was usually kept in the other safe. Just keep moving them around a little at a time.

I had two ARs for years and my wife never caught on to it.

Denny
    Participating in a gun buy back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.... Clint Eastwood
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,747 Senior Member
    At least you didnt fill the car up to the gills with guns and then say " Sorry honey, there's not enough room for you, You'll have to take the bus........"

Or did you???
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • BillyDBillyD Member Posts: 191 Member
    I am trying to figure out why you put "might have" and the question mark in your title. It should have read: I messed up big time!
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    BillyD wrote: »
    I am trying to figure out why you put "might have" and the question mark in your title. It should have read: I messed up big time!

+one
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,615 Senior Member
    Eh.... a month from now she won't remember how many you have any more than you would remember how many pairs of shoes she has....... if she were to tell you.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • mythaeusmythaeus Senior Member Posts: 831 Senior Member
    Now, since I consider you a friend so I'll do you a favor to save your marriage....ship all your guns to me, I will take really good care of them for you and all your problems will go away.

:beer:
    Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,434 Senior Member
    I've sold mine wife on the idea that because all of my guns are kept in close quarters, occasionally they will breed (hence, the ever-growing collection).
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    The words I really dread to hear are "I like this one- - - -it's mine! Go build yourself another one!" Happens pretty often!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,445 Senior Member
    My GF just asked me to build her a lefty AR, and SHE is funding it. I think I'm safe for the time being!
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,666 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    The words I really dread to hear are "I like this one- - - -it's mine! Go build yourself another one!" Happens pretty often!
    Jerry

That's exactly how I lost a Ruger 22/45 and a S&W 22S.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.