Deer sightings?

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 4,551 Senior Member
The last few days, I've seen at least 2 dozen velvet whitetail bucks within 5 miles of home. 3 of these were bruisers. In the last week or so, I've seen 3 decent mulie bucks. Any one else seeing anything good?

I'm starting to get that itch....
The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand

Replies

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,476 Senior Member
    I saw a pretty good mulie about a month ago. He was on private land, though.

Last Friday or Saturday we saw another good mulie. He was in town (Canon City, Co.), though, and definitely off limits. Seems I see more nice bucks inside city limits than anywhere else.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,549 Senior Member
    I had to slow down on a county road, just a couple of hours ago, to let two young whitetail bucks clear the road. They were in the 8 point range, I'm guessing, and close to being legal shooters (13" between the beams). They did not appear to be in velvet. I see does near the same spot, frequently, but these were the first bucks.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,662 Senior Member
    I have seen a bunch of little does. The bucks are invisible right now.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,719 Senior Member
    My office managers spouse has a 10, an 8, and a 6 pt. on his trail cam.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • snake284-1snake284-1 Senior Member Posts: 2,500 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    I saw a pretty good mulie about a month ago. He was on private land, though.

Last Friday or Saturday we saw another good mulie. He was in town (Canon City, Co.), though, and definitely off limits. Seems I see more nice bucks inside city limits than anywhere else.

It's like with all these mass shootings. These deer are smarter than we give them credit for. They hang out in "No Gun Zones!"

:tooth:
    I'm Just a Radical Right Wing Nutt Job, Trying to Help Save My Country!
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,829 Senior Member
    Most every morning when I'm on my way over to the ranch to do chores, I see deer...we have two truly superb bucks that we have been watching steadily for about 3 years they are now in their prime...One is really wide, the other is really tall...they both tend to become nocturnal during season and hole up on property we can't hunt. However, that particular piece of property changed hands this spring...in our favor...the stands and blinds go up in about a month.
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,889 Senior Member
    Too hot to see much deer activity in daylight.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Too hot to see much deer activity in daylight.

You got that right. But it finally cooled off this weekend so we drove up for a day at the lake. Saw quite a few does. One doe had two fawns still in spots. Awful late in the year for them. What with the heat and drought I'm afraid there won't be much of a mast crop this year. They'll be lucky to make it.
    Going to the farm in the morning to check out the dove situation, scout around some and do some shooting. Just about always see a deer or two there.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs