Apple wins over Samsung in Patent Infringement Lawsuit

shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior MemberPosts: 5,378 Senior Member
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/24/apple-samsung-patent-lawsuit-ruling_n_1829472.html

Will this be the end of phones such as the Galaxy III, that are high competitors against iPhones? We still have HTC, LG, and some others, but will they be next?
- I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
"It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,765 Senior Member
    Probably keep producing them, but have to pay Apple a royalty for each one produced.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Probably keep producing them, but have to pay Apple a royalty for each one produced.

Plus a fine. US business' with access to power will see to that.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,765 Senior Member
    Plus a fine. US business' with access to power will see to that.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/24/apple-samsung-patent-lawsuit-ruling_n_1829472.html

The jury ordered Samsung to pay Apple $1.05 billion in the latest skirmish of a global legal battle between the two tech giants. An appeal is expected.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,585 Senior Member
    Well, one outcome from this is that I'm unlikely to purchase another apple product anytime in the near future. I'm sorry, you can't patent a rectangle! Also this is just one battle in an ongoing patent war going on in the tech space. These days they're trying to patent everything and the end result is going to be very bad for consumers. If all these companies would spend more money on innovation and less on lawyers we'd all be much better off.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • tcfierotcfiero New Member Posts: 4 New Member
    Alpha, I agree with you. These companies need to spend more money on innovation than protecting a patent on who designed the cups with string.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2