Home Main Category General Firearms

Advice on a possible gun trade.

calebibcalebib Senior MemberColoradoPosts: 1,701 Senior Member
I listed my 700 .223 varmint rifle for sale, have not used it in some time so I thought I'd sell it and get something different.

I had some guy offer to trade this for my rifle. I'm kinda leaning towards doing the trade but could use some input from you all.
http://www.armslist.com/posts/530123/colorado-handguns-for-sale-trade--brand-new-customized-gen3-glock-21sf

And here's a pic of the rifle he wants to trade for. 700SPS Varmint with B&C stock, Shrewd brake, custom bolt know, etc.
fPgaGl.jpg

Replies

• jbohiojbohio Senior Member In the sticks, OHPosts: 5,617 Senior Member
    I know I wouldn't.

I'm not a big fan of Glocks, but one turned into someone else's idea of the ultimate Glock really puts me out.

I think the thing that gets me is, the Glock is a piece of plastic, with some parts changed. You have a beautiful piece of steel, that took skill and craftsmanship to customize.
  • calebibcalebib Senior Member ColoradoPosts: 1,701 Senior Member
    jbohio wrote: »
    I know I wouldn't.

I'm not a big fan of Glocks, but one turned into someone else's idea of the ultimate Glock really puts me out.

I think the thing that gets me is, the Glock is a piece of plastic, with some parts changed. You have a beautiful piece of steel, that took skill and craftsmanship to customize.

I agree now that I'm thinking about it more. I turned him down on his offer and now he's whining that I wasted sooooo much of his time. Sorry that half dozen emails took so much effort!
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Pensacola, FLPosts: 10,809 Senior Member
    I'd have to know who did the work and check them out.

Custom isn't always a good thing.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    True. If it had all the after market parts in an unaltered frame I would have been more interested. What I really want is a good heavy barrel AR upper.
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,581 Senior Member
    I like Glocks and my 21SF is one of my favorites but I would not make that deal, more so if I where you, there is nothing on that Glock you cannot do yourself.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • ThatMattGuyThatMattGuy Senior Member Harrisonburg VaPosts: 666 Senior Member
    Glocks are not hard to find and they are a boring trade offer. I say no!
    The poster formerly known as '69MercCougar
  • wddodgewddodge Senior Member Northwest OhioPosts: 1,150 Senior Member
    calebib wrote: »
    What I really want is a good heavy barrel AR upper.

Right there is the bottom line. Why would you trade for something other than what you really want??

Denny
    Participating in a gun buy back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.... Clint Eastwood
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Eastern NebraskaPosts: 8,155 Senior Member
    I agree now that I'm thinking about it more. I turned him down on his offer and now he's whining that I wasted sooooo much of his time. Sorry that half dozen emails took so much effort!
    Sounds to me like he had something dorked up with his gun and was soooo close to ditching it. You did the right thing.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    Sounds to me like he had something dorked up with his gun and was soooo close to ditching it. You did the right thing.

I agree. He kept texting me and offering to throw in more stuff to sweeten the deal. First it was a Serpa holster then it was 200 rounds of ammo. On top of everything else, he lives way the hell out on the Eastern Plains almost to Nebraska and he wanted me to meet him halfway in Fort Morgan! My wife is convinced he would have stood me up if I had driven all that way out to meet him.
    It's working out better anyways, I've got another deal worked out that is MUCH, MUCH better!
  • JKPJKP Senior Member North FloridaPosts: 2,657 Senior Member
    Only Glock I've ever shot that had issues was "customized" with a bunch of junk like that.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Sovereign SCPosts: 5,463 Senior Member
    I've got another deal worked out that is MUCH, MUCH better!

Details man, need details....
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
    Details man, need details....

It will be a mutually beneficial deal with a fellow forum member and it involves something that holds six rounds of .45 Colt.
  • 30-30shooter30-30shooter Member taxachusettsPosts: 224 Member
    it involves something that holds six rounds of .45 Colt.

it looks like you did good then
    A woman who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders.-Larry Elder I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.-Clint Eastwood
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,937 Senior Member
    No way would I have traded your rifle for that Glock. That's just clownery.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • EliEli Senior Member Attalla, Alabama.Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    It will be a mutually beneficial deal with a fellow forum member and it involves something that holds six rounds of .45 Colt.

Hmmmmm......was Scott missing his skulled .223 varmint rig?
  • BufordBuford Senior Member CA. Beach citiesPosts: 6,721 Senior Member
    I wouldn't do it.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    cpj wrote: »
    You got screwed, brah.
    I cant believe an unscrupulous form member traded you for a .45 Colt. Dont you realize that the .45 Colt isnt as good as the .45 Long Colt?

I've been duped! I though I was getting the 45 Longer Colt!
  • snake284-1snake284-1 Senior Member Posts: 2,500 Senior Member

I have nothing against Glocks. But ain't a Glock on the planet I'd trade for that fine rifle.
    I'm Just a Radical Right Wing Nutt Job, Trying to Help Save My Country!
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Somewhere north of MozambiquePosts: 6,636 Senior Member
    Just when you thought the pinnacle of ugly had been attained, somebody upps the ante. Just the picture of that thing can make men sterile. Or at least disinterested...:yawn:

OTOH, your rifle is :love:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    I just got another email from him practically begging me to do the trade for his Glock. There must be something up with it to make him so anxious to get rid of it.

colt-451.jpg

BOOM! Don't say I didn't call it first. Seems like a lopsided trade in the other forum members' favor, though.

Oh, wait...I got that backward, didn't I? :uhm:
    I just got another email from him practically begging me to do the trade for his Glock. There must be something up with it to make him so anxious to get rid of it.

My thoughts EXACTLY. His anger with the "effort wasted" emailing you back and forth a few times is a huge red flag.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member A true 'Southerner'. NZPosts: 8,393 Senior Member
    I've been duped! I though I was getting the 45 Longer Colt!

Hold out for the 45 Longest Colt.................
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member

His ad turned me off from the get-go asking folks "Not to insult him............" with a low-ball offer. Tell him to go mix some pancake batter with his plastic pistol.........................:down::down:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Sovereign SCPosts: 5,463 Senior Member
    Six-Gun wrote: »
    colt-451.jpg

I resemble that remark :tooth:
    I'm in love with a Glock
    I resemble that remark :tooth:

It's one of the staple beverages of broke college kids in Philly. That and Olde English 800.
    Hard times around here gets Steel Reserve in your fridge.
    I'm in love with a Glock