Chris CChris C MemberPosts: 44 Member
Hi All !!
I'm new to the forum here and just wanted to post a general "Whas Up ! " to everyone...:beer:

I'm also new to the world of gun ownership and shooting. I bought my first firearm from my LGS about a month ago , Ruger SR9. I've put about 400 rounds thru it so far , and really like it. Going to the range again today to blow off another hundred or so...

Looking forward to the wealth of info and advice here , and maybe even get to know some of you crazy gun freaks...LOL

Chris
"It's better to have one and not need it , than to need one and not have it"

Replies

• Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 6,978 Senior Member
    Welcome to G&A Chris!
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • ilove22silove22s Senior Member Posts: 1,101 Senior Member
    welcome,

Chris C wrote: »
    ......... and maybe even get to know some of you crazy gun freaks...LOL

Chris

thats the other forum.
    The ears never lie.

- Don Burt
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,551 Senior Member
    I bought my first firearm from my LGS about a month ago , Ruger SR9. I've put about 400 rounds thru it so far , and really like it. Going to the range again today to blow off another hundred or so...

Welcome.

I know you can't help 'blowing off rounds' - it is definitely cool and fun. But are you hitting anything, yet?

400 rounds is enough to 'burn in' some good habits (or bad).
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,476 Senior Member
    Welcome aboard, Chris. There's plenty of folks here who can give you good advice.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    Welcome Chris. So, you like gladiator movies?
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • Chris CChris C Member Posts: 44 Member
    bisley wrote: »
    Welcome.

I know you can't help 'blowing off rounds' - it is definitely cool and fun. But are you hitting anything, yet?

400 rounds is enough to 'burn in' some good habits (or bad).

yeah , I hit the wall , the floor , the target hanger thingy....oh , and once I hit the target hanging on the lane to my right....j/k :) I do pretty well so far...I'm getting a little better every time I go at least.
    Welcome Chris. So, you like gladiator movies?

No....but I've been to a Turkish prison :tooth:
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,246 Senior Member
    Hi All !!
    I'm new to the forum here and just wanted to post a general "Whas Up ! " to everyone...:beer:

I'm also new to the world of gun ownership and shooting. I bought my first firearm from my LGS about a month ago , Ruger SR9. I've put about 400 rounds thru it so far , and really like it. Going to the range again today to blow off another hundred or so...

Looking forward to the wealth of info and advice here , and maybe even get to know some of you crazy gun freaks...LOL

Chris

Hey now, you need to be here a little longer before you start calling us names....... even if they are true:tooth:
    Oh, and BTW, welcome to the forum.

Sako
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,889 Senior Member
    Welcome aboard.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • rbsivleyrbsivley Senior Member Posts: 1,055 Senior Member

Cool, you're sharp Chris. I see you did a little read ahead before the big announcement. Welcome.
    Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknown
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,564 Senior Member

Then, you've seen a grown man naked. So, did you like it?
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    rbsivley wrote: »
    Cool, you're sharp Chris. I see you did a little read ahead before the big announcement. Welcome.

Naw, he just read my sig. Need to change that...
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
    Zee wrote: »
    Then, you've seen a grown man naked. So, did you like it?

No....So pull your pants up , and STEP AWAY FROM THE WEB-CAM !!!

I like you.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Welcome, Chris! You're gonna fit in just fine around here; just keep an eye on Zed and cpj, and don't feed the Buffco.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,583 Senior Member

You will fit in well here! Welcome.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,243 Senior Member
    I like you.

I like this new guy, too. I wanna pet him.
    You always rub their fur the wrong way.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,788 Senior Member
    Welcome... the hazing is just starting... so what do you think about the .270?

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,658 Senior Member
    Welcome to the fun house. :beer:

We may be a little rough around the edges @ first glance, but I've yet to find a better source of firearms information on the whole interwebs.

Everyone here might not know everything, but there's normally someone that can answer ANY firearms/weapons question (And quite a few NON-firearms related ones as well)
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,243 Senior Member
    You always rub their fur the wrong way.

I'll be good! Promise!
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    I think I speak for some of us when I ask if you liked Steve Reeves or Russell Crowe gladiator movies better.
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,508 Senior Member
    Welcome, Say goodbye to your sanity and savings.....
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 1,847 Senior Member
    Welcome to the forum!! Make yourself comfortable(your are in for a ride.). Now that the pleasantries are done what do you think about winchester vs marlin?
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
  • GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Posts: 1,083 Senior Member
    Welcome, Willkommen, Bienvenue, come on in!
    I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Ruger 10/22, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,410 Senior Member
    NAILED the entry. I give it a 10.

Welcome aboard! You will fit right in.
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    9.5 from the Irish judge.
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,582 Senior Member
    Welcome, ask away, we are always eager to help and there are some very knowledgeable folks here, do your homework, shooting is a lot of fun and a huge stress liberator but might as well while you burn through all that ammo develop the right way of going about it, lot easier to take some time and effort at the beginning than latter on having to unlearn stuff, talking from personal experience here!

First piece of free advice is to become familiar with the concept of "dry firing" I will leave the education to the more knowledgeable folks here but it is the one free thing you can do with your gun every day, SAFETY FIRST, it is a great education tool and a great way to create good habits from the get go.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    Aloha and welcome to the madhouse. Have a good time, learn something new, pass on your nuggets of wisdom or, like me, just take up bandwidth with inane jokes and useless info.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,499 Senior Member
    Michakav wrote: »
    NAILED the entry. I give it a 10.

Welcome aboard! You will fit right in.
    Indeed.