Home Main Category Personal Defense

Has anyone heard anything about this????

ChuckXXChuckXX BannedPosts: 103 Member
HI GUYS; My wife who is a really good woman and usually gets things right (well atleast 90% of the time!!) said she was listening to some news talk show on her radio and they were talking about how Hilary Clinton is trying to go thru the back door thru the United Nations to pass some kind of a gun law that would restrict assault rifles, etc. Have you guys heard anything about this or is she just delusional???? I guess I should join the NRA. This is probably a good reason to join anyway. I don't even own an assault rifle but I know alot of you guys do. The story is available on "Snopes".

Replies

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    It's old news that has been debated much, here.

She was supposed to sign the treaty, but the public got wind of it and raised enough hell that 51 senators signed a letter to Obama, apparently stating that the treaty would not be ratified and that it would be debated publicly, with plenty of publicity. They slunk back into the shadows to wait for another opportunity to try to slip it through. Look for it again, after the election.

It means nothing without senate ratification, but we don't need it sitting there, signed and ready to implement, for the next heavily Democrat senate that comes along.
  • ChuckXXChuckXX Banned Posts: 103 Member
    bisley wrote: »
    it's old news that has been debated much, here.

She was supposed to sign the treaty, but the public got wind of it and raised enough hell that 51 senators signed a letter to obama, apparently stating that the treaty would not be ratified and that it would be debated publicly, with plenty of publicity. They slunk back into the shadows to wait for another opportunity to try to slip it through. Look for it again, after the election.

It means nothing without senate ratification, but we don't need it sitting there, signed and ready to implement, for the next heavily democrat senate that comes along.

bisley; thank you. You are a good man.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Every time something like that comes up, it is incumbent upon us to remind all the politicians that there are still tall trees and short ropes! The only thing that gets a pol's attention better than a healthy bribe is the prospect of becoming unemployed!
    Jerry