Home Main Category Personal Defense

Shooting mars Quebec separatists' election victory

shushshush Senior MemberPosts: 6,259 Senior Member
Poor security checks, you think?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19478694

The gunman's target was unclear but the 50-year-old suspect was heard shouting in French "The English are waking up", as he was led away in handcuffs. TV pictures showed him wearing a balaclava and what looked like a blue dressing gown over black clothing.

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Yep. Poor security checks probably let that guy slip in through the cracks. Seems like during election cycles the crazies come out in droves. Elections seem to be to crazies what a full moon is to werewolves.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    But, but most guns are OUTLAWED in Canada!!!

Just because Canada had that crazy mandatory registration thing doesn't mean that everybody complied. There's hope for Canada yet, eh!
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Yep. Poor security checks probably let that guy slip in through the cracks. Seems like during election cycles the crazies come out in droves. Elections seem to be to crazies what a full moon is to werewolves.

In Quebec, if you kept out the crazies, no one could get in !!! Besides, what kind of people go to those events anyway ??? a high percentage of the attendees must by the very nature of it all be stark raving mad !!!!
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996