Home Main Category Hunting

Would you be willing to help me with an ongoing poll about hunting with suppressors?

Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior MemberPosts: 8,527 Senior Member
Our TV station in Casper has a poll going about legalizing suppressors for hunting in WY.
I would like to see this pass myself.
I would appreciate your help
Here is the link. The poll will be on the right side of your screen.
Thanks!
http://www.k2tv.com/
Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"

Replies

• Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 8,527 Senior Member
    True.
    When I found it about 30 minutes ago it was 19%
    It tells me the overall numbers are not that high, so it can be turned around easier than I first thought.
    Thanks!
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,143 Senior Member
    They are legal here in Kansas...Initial thought from most people who don't like the idea is that it will make things easier for the average poacher. Typical mindset - persecute the masses for the actions of a few miscreants who "might" abuse the things...as if your "average poacher" has the bucks necessary to tie up in a legal suppressor.

Biggest advantages that I can see is (1) rifles so equipped are way easier on the ears and (2) it would make multiples on coyotes a bit more attainable...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,572 Senior Member
    Done. numbers must be small, one vote and a 3% change to 45% yes/55% no.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,577 Senior Member
    I'm in. 45/55 now.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,365 Senior Member
    46 to 54 now..............after I casted a vote.
    ( Surprised that it took a furriners vote actually......)
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    53% yes (for allowing) when I cast my vote.
  • wddodgewddodge Senior Member Posts: 1,150 Senior Member
    55% yes as of now.

Denny
    Participating in a gun buy back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.... Clint Eastwood
  • bklysenbklysen Member Posts: 512 Senior Member
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 863 Senior Member
    59% yes now
    Grumpy old gearhead
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member
    61% in favor now. I wonder if the 39% against even know or care that would mean a quieter and more enjoyable experience for all?
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,085 Senior Member
    62% for it now :)
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,562 Senior Member
    67% yes
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • shootershooter Senior Member Posts: 1,186 Senior Member
    68% yes after my vote.
    There's no such thing as having too much ammo, unless you're on fire or trying to swim!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,146 Senior Member
    Absolutely Awesome!
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • beartrackerbeartracker Senior Member Posts: 3,116 Senior Member
    Done, now up to 70% yes
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    70/30 now.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,289 Senior Member
    75/25 now.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    78/22 after my vote... .300 whisper or .308 with big sub sonic bullets? Or vermin and .22's?

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,085 Senior Member
    Remember, you can vote from each browser on each computer and smartphone. 76% now :)
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Hmmm. I just voted after you guys and it only showed 75% yes. And what kinda nut is stealing horses' tails?
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    75% on my second vote.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    Hmmm. I just voted after you guys and it only showed 75% yes. And what kinda nut is stealing horses' tails?

Probably someone who weaves hatbands. When I lived in Texas, real cowboys and locals used hatbands woven from horsehair.

And the poll was 81% for just now.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • justin10mmjustin10mm Senior Member Posts: 688 Senior Member
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Voted. 86-14 looks good. Hope it changes some minds and you can get it passed.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • snake284-1snake284-1 Senior Member Posts: 2,500 Senior Member
    Our TV station in Casper has a poll going about legalizing suppressors for hunting in WY.
    I would like to see this pass myself.
    I would appreciate your help
    Here is the link. The poll will be on the right side of your screen.
    Thanks!
    http://www.k2tv.com/

OK I bit, and I voted for surpressor legalization. However as for me, I don't know why because I have no interest in this. But each to your own. I personally don't care how loud my firearm is, within reason of course. I try to hit what I aim at on the first or at most second shot. So they don't hear it coming anyway. This is not to put anyone down. I know that in certain scenarios you don't want to scare what you're shooting at. Shooting multiple targets at close range for instance is of course going to be helped if you don't create a lot of racket. It's just not something I do right now.
    I'm Just a Radical Right Wing Nutt Job, Trying to Help Save My Country!
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    I've thought about it, and decided not to cast a vote. I really don't have an opinion one way or the other regarding the use of silencers (and the poll question did say 'silencers', not 'suppressors') while hunting.

My main reason, though, is that the question geared toward those who hunt or plan to hunt in Wyoming. I have barely even been to Wyoming, have never hunted there, and don't expect I ever will. Because of that, I don't really feel that I should have a voice in this debate.

No doubt I'll catch some flack for this, but that's the way I see it.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • pardogpardog Member Posts: 423 Member
    Done 87% yes 13% no
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    I've thought about it, and decided not to cast a vote. I really don't have an opinion one way or the other regarding the use of silencers (and the poll question did say 'silencers', not 'suppressors') while hunting.

My main reason, though, is that the question geared toward those who hunt or plan to hunt in Wyoming. I have barely even been to Wyoming, have never hunted there, and don't expect I ever will. Because of that, I don't really feel that I should have a voice in this debate.

No doubt I'll catch some flack for this, but that's the way I see it.

I'm not giving you flack. I definitely respect both your opinion and, in this case, your reasoning.
    But I voted for 2 reasons. First because a fellow forum member asked me for a favor that was easy to do and secondly for the same old reason that if we don't hang together, we'll hang separately.
    There's a lot more to this issue than you may realize. I'll let the guys that have or want them to go into all that if they choose to do so.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
    Didn't want anyone to vote against their conscience.
    To all who participated-Thank you.
    Poll changed earlier in the day.
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"