Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior MemberPosts: 8,522 Senior Member
IMG_7251.jpg
IMG_7249.jpg
IMG_7248.jpg
Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"

Replies

• jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,615 Senior Member
    What the heck? That pretty much goes against all your principals. STOCK, laser scope, PINK!
    (I thought you weren't going to paint it?)
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 8,522 Senior Member
    Pink?
    DSC00460.jpg
    Yes, yes, yes, I am going to do some hunting with a rifle this year.
    I am excited about this new Gen III Eliminator. Huge advancements over the one I used last year.
    Just mounted the scope this morning.
    6.5x47L shooting 130 Berger's at just over 2800 fps
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,762 Senior Member
    130 Berger's at just over 2800 fps

Better leave it at the house, Ernie....it can't kill anything....it's not even a .270. :)

Mike
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,550 Senior Member
    I'll show ya how to use it proper like. Don't want you hurting yourself or noth'n.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,550 Senior Member
    And yes, it looks pink in those pics.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,275 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Whats that strange appendage on the rear of that weapon? Whatever would you do with that?

Look closely, he can fold it out of the way.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    I am excited about this new Gen III Eliminator. Huge advancements over the one I used last year.
    Just mounted the scope this morning.
    6.5x47L shooting 130 Berger's at just over 2800 fps

Sweet, I didn't know they were coming out with a new Eliminator, that just might be an option for the new AR-10 when it comes in, I look forward to a range report.
    I finally opted to put the replacement Eliminator Burris sent me on the DMPS LR308 AP4 and look forward to hunting with it this year.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,275 Senior Member
    timc wrote: »
    Sweet, I didn't know they were coming out with a new Eliminator, that just might be an option for the new AR-10 when it comes in, I look forward to a range report.
    I finally opted to put the replacement Eliminator Burris sent me on the DMPS LR308 AP4 and look forward to hunting with it this year.

Hey there, I missed that, if it is not too convuluted for you to re-type, what happened to the first one?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • pardogpardog Member Posts: 423 Member
    [QUOTE
    Yes, yes, yes, I am going to do some hunting with a rifle this year.
    [/QUOTE]

Who are you, and what have you done with Ernie!?!
    It is not the first time.
    I shoot rifle more often than some people realize.
    Not my rifle, but it sure is a sweet shooting rig: Holland custom rig, 280 Rem, 168 Berger
    IMG_4397.jpg
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    This is coming directly from a very confused left-handed shooter... Why is the bolt on the wrong side?
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
    First rifle is mine LH Rem. 700 SA, McRee stock, Burris optic. I am left-handed (Some of the time):guns:.
    Second rifle is a friend's, he is right-handed
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
    You don't miss anything:jester:
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Look closely, he can fold it out of the way.
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    Hey there, I missed that, if it is not too convuluted for you to re-type, what happened to the first one?

I was seeing some black specs on the reticle which Burris told me was glue from the reticle flaking off, this seemed to be an issue with the early Eliminators. this did not effect the operation of the scope but it was irritating. They replaced mine with the improved model and gave a nice appology. The scope had been laying around for 6-8 months looking for a new home so when I got the new DPMS I decided to put it on there.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Zee wrote: »
    And yes, it looks pink in those pics.

That's Pink Rust............happens in drier climes.:tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    The more I think about it, that may have been the name of that color after all....
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • shootershooter Senior Member Posts: 1,186 Senior Member
    You wrote:
    "I am excited about this new Gen III Eliminator."

What improvements have piqued your interest?
    There's no such thing as having too much ammo, unless you're on fire or trying to swim!
    More magnification (12x was the max and now it is 16x), better glass, windage tics (Sort of like a Horus) with wind correction listed in the optic with the distance. Although the reticle is in the second focal plane, the technology allows you to use it at any magnification-Effectively a FFP optic. Automatically corrects when shooting at angles. The laser rangefinder should be effective at about twice the distance of the original design, the design is more slim/aesthetically pleasing, adjustable objective, also has a slightly larger eye box than the original.
    The ballistic software upgrade in this design is far superior to the first one as well.
    That is what comes to mind at the moment.
    This is why I am real excited to get this baby out and run it!
    Here is some links:
    http://www.burrisoptics.com/eliminatorIII.html
    http://www.burrisoptics.com/Eliminator%20III%20Manual.pdf
    shooter wrote: »
    You wrote:
    "I am excited about this new Gen III Eliminator."

What improvements have piqued your interest?
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
    I was wondering about the windage calculation, does it always stay on 10mph wind or can you change it?
  • shootershooter Senior Member Posts: 1,186 Senior Member
    More magnification (12x was the max and now it is 16x), better glass, windage tics (Sort of like a Horus) with wind correction listed in the optic with the distance. Although the reticle is in the second focal plane, the technology allows you to use it at any magnification-Effectively a FFP optic. Automatically corrects when shooting at angles. The laser rangefinder should be effective at about twice the distance of the original design, the design is more slim/aesthetically pleasing, adjustable objective, also has a slightly larger eye box than the original.
    The ballistic software upgrade in this design is far superior to the first one as well.
    That is what comes to mind at the moment.
    This is why I am real excited to get this baby out and run it!

Thanks for the info, even though your reply is going to cost me a lot of money!:up:
    There's no such thing as having too much ammo, unless you're on fire or trying to swim!
    As far as I know it stays on 10mph.
    10mph seems to be the standard, and it is easy to work off of, at least for me. It is what I use on my drop charts.
    I was wondering about the windage calculation, does it always stay on 10mph wind or can you change it?
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
    As far as I know it stays on 10mph.
    10mph seems to be the standard, and it is easy to work off of, at least for me. It is what I use on my drop charts.

Thanks, it's what I figured but wanted to make sure, they aren't too clear on the website.
  • justin10mmjustin10mm Senior Member Posts: 688 Senior Member
    Is that a rifle or a prop from the last Starship Troopers movie? :buff:
    Did some more checking just to be sure and it is fixed for giving dope for a 10mph full value wind.
    Thanks, it's what I figured but wanted to make sure, they aren't too clear on the website.
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
    Couple of new, hopefully better pics:
    IMG_7253.jpg
    IMG_7254.jpg
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
    I'm not saying it isn't a super sweet rifle, even if it is pink. That's awesome. Well, except for the pink.

6.5x47 is a sweet round.
  • blkbird305blkbird305 Member Posts: 220 Member
    Lust! Im going to have to get one of those stocks for my 700...
    I guess I need to either get it re-cerakoted or wear pink-camo to match it:tooth:
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
    I'm sure the critters will never know that you were shooting a pink rifle.

The guys at the coffee shop, that might be a different story!
    Update on my 6.5x47L
    I wasn't able to sight in my scope yet as I have a 30mm pic rail/base.
    The Burris Eliminator III is not designed with a lot of internal MOA adjustment since the purpose of the scope is to use the technology for distance.
    I put in their shim/lift kit which came in on Friday and bore sighted it easily.
    Today I went the range and zeroed it at 100 yards as per the instructions.
    I had already programmed it for my drop and BC.
    It was easy to be exact on my 100 yard zero with the 1/8 MOA clicks on the turrets which you can zero like one would a target turret.
    A friend from church who was with me helped me set up a steel target at 750 yards.
    Actually we set it up at 749 but it was close enough for what I wanted.
    Shooting of off a Harris bi-pod and my small Holland field bag.
    Lasered the target and it came up as 749 yards which is the same distance my Leica 1600 LRF gave me.
    Wind was coming from the right and I guesstimated the speed as I checked the correction for a 10 mph FV (upper right part of the scope) and held slightly right and sent it.
    First shot at distance (749 yards) with Eliminator was perfect for drop, but slightly under doped the wind and hit at three O'Clock.
    Best word I can come up with is giddy.
    My friend from church who was watching through my spotting scope could hardly believe his eyes.
    We went and took some pics then took a break as we were shooting to other rifles as well: 7mm STW & a 30-378 Weatherby.
    About an hour later, Tracy shot from 400-1000 yards with first shot connections each time with my 6.5-47L.
    Bright sunshine and mirage was now in play.
    He said it was so easy it made him feel like he was cheating.
    Since once you laser the target, everything you need to make the shot is in the optic, but you still have to determine what the wind is doing, but the correction value is right there for you.
    When they say "Range it & Eliminate it!" they weren't kidding.
    Tracy said when he first heard about it, he though it may be more of a gimmick and not practical for field use.
    He doesn't feel that way anymore. I think the scope on his Tikka 300 WSM may be for sale in the future.
    Pics of the target:
    DSC01107.jpg
    DSC01109.jpg
    DSC01106.jpg
    For those who don't shoot distance much I had Tracy take two pics looking back to the bench, one with no zoom and then the second one with as much zoom this little digital camera has. On the pic that is zoomed the shooting bench is just above the head of the target.
    DSC01110.jpg
    DSC01111.jpg
    I let him shoot the rest of my ammo that I had on hand. He was having a blast, literally.
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"