The video causing all the riots in the middle east

SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior MemberPosts: 5,458 Senior Member
Any of you guys looked it up? I was expecting some kind of documentary. When I pulled it up on YouTube, my first thought was, man, someone already made a parody of it. No, that is the video. I'm serious, I've seen better quality stuff on Mad TV. It really is a cheesy movie.

I'm gonna say, I'm putting on the tinfoil hat and saying these attacks had nothing to do with this video. Too much irony that these attacks happened on 9/11.

I'm not posting the video here though, just because of all the controversy surrounding it. But if you go to YouTube and type in "Innocence of Muslims" you will see all you need to see to know what I'm talking about.

Thoughts?
Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
Wambli Ska wrote: »
I'm in love with a Glock

Replies

• ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    I thought about making my "version" of Muhhamod (sp?) on youtube violating himself with a pinecone just to let those idiots know how I feel about them and their pedophile prophet.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,261 Senior Member
    Now they're saying the guy who organized the embassy attack was a GITMO detainee who was released to Libya on the promise he would be jailed forever. Guess what- - - - -they lied! The clown was closely associated with Bin Laden before we caught him and shipped him to Cuba. Stuff like this makes me believe in the concept of "Take no prisoners!"
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,053 Senior Member
    I watched all 13 minutes or so of it. Wow! You can even hear where they dubbed in Mohammed. It was pretty pathetic. I guess that the big deal in the Muslim world is that they think that the US government can somehow make free speech stop-- why would our government let this happen?

These people have absolutely no clue of the depths of freedoms that we have. It is actually sad that it is incomprehensible in those societies.
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    It is a mockery in their faith to depict their prophet, "douche," in any manner. That is what really burns them. I would love to have about just a half hour with a few Gitmo detainees tied to chairs just so that I could verbally rip on them and their belief system to the extent that they would have a coronary.
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Now they're saying the guy who organized the embassy attack was a GITMO detainee who was released to Libya on the promise he would be jailed forever. Guess what- - - - -they lied! The clown was closely associated with Bin Laden before we caught him and shipped him to Cuba. Stuff like this makes me believe in the concept of "Take no prisoners!"
    Jerry

I caught something about that yesterday on the news Teach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:agree::that:
    "It is what it is":usa:
    Any of you guys looked it up? I was expecting some kind of documentary. When I pulled it up on YouTube, my first thought was, man, someone already made a parody of it. No, that is the video. I'm serious, I've seen better quality stuff on Mad TV. It really is a cheesy movie.

I'm gonna say, I'm putting on the tinfoil hat and saying these attacks had nothing to do with this video. Too much irony that these attacks happened on 9/11.

I'm not posting the video here though, just because of all the controversy surrounding it. But if you go to YouTube and type in "Innocence of Muslims" you will see all you need to see to know what I'm talking about.

Thoughts?

I have come to the conclusion that these Muslim extremist will use any and every excuse they can find,twist or fabricate to futher their hate toward the USA and western ways!!!!!!!!!!! I dare say that if I went to Syria and some Muslim saw me drinking a beer that would start something too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,774 Senior Member
    Watched the video after they mentioned it on the news being the cause of the uprising; watched it the same day as the attacks. Really bad acting, and even worse "green screen" editing. People appeared to be floating a few inches above the ground. It was more of a really poor comedy parody than anything else. Saying the video was crudely made would be generous.

Now I'll say something that bothers me about the whole thing. Very few people over there, relatively speaking, have cell phones and computers. Way less computers and internet capable phones per capita than the U.S. They hear a rumor of the video, go to the mosque, and the imam there spins them up with a bunch of third person lies to get them in a frenzy. What I'm saying here is that they wouldn't know a FACT if it donkey punched them in the snot locker. Critical thinking is not only absent in the majority, 'critical thinking' is absent in their vocabulary; even the concept is unknown to them. Kind of reminds me of crows in a way; get one to screeching it's head off and the next thing you know there's a huge flock gathered screeching their heads off. Difference is that crows make for the next county at the first shot, but the mobs over there just get more spun up at the first shot. Crows have a higher sense of self preservation, I guess, due to not being controlled by religious zeal and dogma.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    few Gitmo detainees tied to chairs just so that I could verbally rip on them and their belief system to the extent that they would have a coronary.

And I thought waterboarding should be banned.

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,261 Senior Member
    Way back when Castro took over Cuba, one of his spokesmen made this comment about the "trials" they were conducting for Batista's former government officials- - - -"We have a fair trial, and then an execution". Sometimes I think the GITMO detainees need to get the same treatment. Virtually all of them we've released have gone home and caused more deadly trouble.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,582 Senior Member
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
    bruchi wrote: »

The production of that video is of much higher quality than the one under discussion. Looks to be one in which there was professional production company involved. Just a silly parody that is kind of funny. No Christians have burned any flags, stormed embassies, murdered the occupants, and called for jihad over it. Neither have they put out a death fatwa on those involved in the production.

It also has nothing to do with the one under discussion. In the Middle East, for the most part, free speech only includes what the government, imams, mullahs, and ayatollahs (Iatoldyasos) tell you is O.K. Anything else will get you in deep camel dung. And what is O.K. changes from day to day; kinda sorta like a pure democracy in action as practiced by little dictators in their own little fiefdoms. You're ordered what to think, what to say, who to vote for, what to do and how to do it. Enslavement of the mind; enslave the mind and the body will follow.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,587 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Watched the video after they mentioned it on the news being the cause of the uprising; watched it the same day as the attacks. Really bad acting, and even worse "green screen" editing. People appeared to be floating a few inches above the ground. It was more of a really poor comedy parody than anything else. Saying the video was crudely made would be generous.

Now I'll say something that bothers me about the whole thing. Very few people over there, relatively speaking, have cell phones and computers. Way less computers and internet capable phones per capita than the U.S. They hear a rumor of the video, go to the mosque, and the imam there spins them up with a bunch of third person lies to get them in a frenzy. What I'm saying here is that they wouldn't know a FACT if it donkey punched them in the snot locker. Critical thinking is not only absent in the majority, 'critical thinking' is absent in their vocabulary; even the concept is unknown to them. Kind of reminds me of crows in a way; get one to screeching it's head off and the next thing you know there's a huge flock gathered screeching their heads off. Difference is that crows make for the next county at the first shot, but the mobs over there just get more spun up at the first shot. Crows have a higher sense of self preservation, I guess, due to not being controlled by religious zeal and dogma.

Pretty well spot on. These are mostly very poor, poorly educated, highly religious folks who are very easily influenced by their religious leaders, a few of whom are very bad people. I've heard the term "hate seeking missiles" and I think that's a pretty good description of some of these fanatics.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    The production of that video is of much higher quality than the one under discussion. Looks to be one in which there was professional production company involved. Just a silly parody that is kind of funny. No Christians have burned any flags, stormed embassies, murdered the occupants, and called for jihad over it. Neither have they put out a death fatwa on those involved in the production.

Well, there were the crusades, but that's been a while....
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    I'd found the video previously and managed to watch about 3 minutes of the trash. It's an insult to Islam, yes, but it's also idiotic.

I mean, we Christians get scads of anti-Jesus jokes and cartoons and writings. And look what the Jews have slung at them, some of the most vicious slander possible, for centuries. My advice to these over-sensitive Muslims is "get a life!" and ignore fools.

Basic to your point, however, I don't think the video was the catalyst for the riots. They were planned by extremists to "celebrate" 9/11 and some clever Islamist used the video as an excuse. Naturally the Obama regime and the oh-so anguished mainstream press jumped to the bait. Idiots.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
  • airheadairhead Member Posts: 424 Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    ...Basic to your point, however, I don't think the video was the catalyst for the riots. They were planned by extremists to "celebrate" 9/11 and some clever Islamist used the video as an excuse. Naturally the Obama regime and the oh-so anguished mainstream press jumped to the bait. Idiots.

This ^
    :that:
    This post has been made with 100% recycled electrons.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
  • snake284-1snake284-1 Senior Member Posts: 2,500 Senior Member
    Of course it didn't have anything to do with that video. That's the media's excuse for this latest violence because they know it will make Obama look bad. And we can't have that. So they throw up a smokescreen.
    I'm Just a Radical Right Wing Nutt Job, Trying to Help Save My Country!
  • snake284-1snake284-1 Senior Member Posts: 2,500 Senior Member
    Pretty well spot on. These are mostly very poor, poorly educated, highly religious folks who are very easily influenced by their religious leaders, a few of whom are very bad people. I've heard the term "hate seeking missiles" and I think that's a pretty good description of some of these fanatics.

Some of these fanatics aren't a bunch of ignorant backward desert dwellers. I knew one that was an Engineer and his father was a doctor in Kuwait and they were very fanatical. Their religion calls for it. Some are moderate, but they all have a tendency to get fanatic.
    I'm Just a Radical Right Wing Nutt Job, Trying to Help Save My Country!
    Teach wrote: »
    Way back when Castro took over Cuba, one of his spokesmen made this comment about the "trials" they were conducting for Batista's former government officials- - - -"We have a fair trial, and then an execution". Sometimes I think the GITMO detainees need to get the same treatment. Virtually all of them we've released have gone home and caused more deadly trouble.
    Jerry

I remember that Teach, At that time ole Fidel Castro was, Judge, Jury, and Hangman, all wrap into one little neat package!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Teach wrote:
    Sometimes I think the GITMO detainees need to get the same treatment. Virtually all of them we've released have gone home and caused more deadly trouble.
    Agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What I don't understand is this: Are the rules for prisoners during a War different than our every day penal system rules? Correct me if I am wrong here,but I am thinking that the US BOR only applies to US citizens,not Prisoner's or detainees from a war on Terrorism.

These Muslim fanatics are just that, Fanatics. The only thing they have on their mind at present is the total destruction of the USA, and all of us infidales so to speak. They hate the USA, they hate our way of life, they do not want us in their country and on, and on, and on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am really surprised that our clueless leader Odummy hasn't released all the GITMO detainee's and closed that place. After all it is something he would do,right?

What were the powers to be thinking when they released this nutbag?,,, I will tell what they were thinking, they weren't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anytime one of these captured Muslim is set free the first thing they are going to do is get in contact with either al-Qaeda,or the Muslim Brotherhood, and plot ways to attack America and American citizens... The only thing these Muslim fanatics understand is the business end of a M-16, or .308 Marine sniper rifle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care what Odummy and H. Clinton say, and I don't care how much Rhetoric and lies they spew out of Washington,D.C., the war against terrorism is still on!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The politicians in Washington,can deny it, lie about it, try to fool and convience the American people that the war on terror is over but you and I know better, don't we? The war on terror and terrorism against the USA,by these Muslim fanatics will never be over until one or the other side is completly annihilated. The last 4 years of the Odummy administration has made matters worse,not better.
    snake284-1 wrote: »
    Some of these fanatics aren't a bunch of ignorant backward desert dwellers. I knew one that was an Engineer and his father was a doctor in Kuwait and they were very fanatical. Their religion calls for it. Some are moderate, but they all have a tendency to get fanatic.

:agree::that: Right on Snake284-1 and this is what most average American citizens don't know and realize.
    Obama spiked the football on the Bin Laden takedown, and used that repeatedly in his reelection campaign. Ol' Smokin' Joe Biden outed the SEAL team with his spiking of the football, putting the team members and their families at high risk of reprisal by the fanatics. Obama's spiking the football each time a terrorist is taken out with a Predator drone missile attack is more fuel. He mentions it every chance that HE is taking out the terrorists, as if he is personally and materially involved.

So the terrorists mix in with the crowd and take out our ambassador and three others. The movie is just an excuse for the violence. Has anyone noticed that when they are burning the American flag that they are also including a picture of Ol' Bat Ears Obama? Think it might have anything to do with all his spiking the football anytime one of the terrorists is blown to bits? Nah, couldn't have anything to do with it.