Cops deliver package, then storm house

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 4,255 Senior Member
The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand

Replies

• EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,070 Senior Member
    CaliFFL wrote: »
    Luckily the family didn't have any dogs to shoot.

And THIS is the stuff that pisses me off.

I know I sometimes come across as anti LEO......I'm really not, I am however, anti-douchebagery and this type of thing definitely falls under that category.

No doubt, if the homeowner would have shot one of the thugs doing the home invasion, he would've been murdered, and not a damn thing would have been done to his killer.

"I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Yeah right!
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,202 Senior Member
    "That's some fine detective work, Lou. Promotions all around."

wiggum_standingtall.gif
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    hang on to your butts, its going to get worse than this in the next few years!!!!!!!!!!!
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,369 Senior Member
    Remember what people say when we object to heavy handed law enforcement?

"If you are not doing anything wrong, you don't have anything to worry about."

Can we change that now to "If you are not doing anything wrong, we will make sure you are!"
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,255 Senior Member
    Eli wrote: »
    I'm really not, I am however, anti-douchebagery....

Speaking of douchebaggery:
    Watching the officers fist bump and high-five each other as they tracked broken glass from the front door through the house also irritated him (Brown).
    “They (cops) were upset they didn’t find anything. When I asked them who was going to pay for the door they basically said, ‘Not us’,” said Brown

Ayn Rand
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,663 Senior Member
    Speaking of douchebaggery: "Watching the officers fist bump and high-five each other as they tracked broken glass from the front door through the house also irritated him (Brown)."

“They (cops) were upset they didn’t find anything. When I asked them who was going to pay for the door they basically said, ‘Not us’,” said Brown"
    Of course they're upset, now that they have no justification for their smash and grab. This kind of police behavior really bothers me, not only as a private citizen but as former LE as well. I don't know how things are now being done in the jurisdiction I used to work in, but it sure would not have been tolerated by the public or the departments' IAU up until 1990. I can't help but think this is related to the increasing abuse of power by the federal government that is trickling down to local law enforcement agencies.
    I HAVE HATED COMMUNISTS EVEN BEFORE THEY CHANGED THEIR NAME TO LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,070 Senior Member
    I can't help but think this is related to the increasing abuse of power by the federal government that is trickling down to local law enforcement agencies.

:that:
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,603 Senior Member
    I can't help but think this is related to the increasing abuse of power by the federal government that is trickling down to local law enforcement agencies.

I think it is a lot faster than trickling.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,935 Senior Member
    The search warrant address listed Brown’s house as being in Waukegan, but it is in Beach Park. No arrests were made.

Well, they only missed by four miles...:roll:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,137 Senior Member
    25 years in law enforcement, and I'm embarrassed by the actions of LEs nearly every day. They've become an armed thuggery with a set of rules that pretty much give them carte blanche to screw anyone they want and be protected by other thugs with similar minds.

When the war starts, I hope they understand that their actions today won't be forgotten in the communities they police.

Dan
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    Remember what people say when we object to heavy handed law enforcement?

"If you are not doing anything wrong, you don't have anything to worry about."

Can we change that now to "If you are not doing anything wrong, we will make sure you are!"

Good one Bullsi1911 may I quote ya on that? Thanks! And on the cynical side I might quote the Odummy and say "Yes we can, we can change that":rotflmao:
    25 years in law enforcement, and I'm embarrassed by the actions of LEs nearly every day. They've become an armed thuggery with a set of rules that pretty much give them carte blanche to screw anyone they want and be protected by other thugs with similar minds.

When the war starts, I hope they understand that their actions today won't be forgotten in the communities they police.

Dan

I ain't got nothing against LEO's either, Dan, we all know that there has to be some kind of law and order in a society like ours. I hope they understand their actions too, when the:fan:
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    The search warrant address listed Brown’s house as being in Waukegan, but it is in Beach Park. No arrests were made.

Well, they only missed by four miles...:roll:

So much for GPS huh???????????
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 12,726 Senior Member
    So much for GPS huh???????????
    GPS? It's called a map and a set of eyes...
    Overkill is underrated.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 23,323 Senior Member
    The problem has an easy fix, but it will never be implemented. Take away the limited immunity from prosecution that LE now enjoy and abuse to Roman orgy excess. This would make the individual officers liable for the same criminal offenses a citizen would face for the same act. Wouldn't take more than a few criminal and costly civil prosecutions before the LE community would get the message that their actions had serious consequences when they did such things. Nothing like a few of the most thuggish SWAT teams getting sent to prison to get the attention of the rest. Until the SWAT teams and other LE are legally held fully and wholly accountable for their actions, the situation will continue to degenerate.

"..no country can be well governed unless its citizens as a body keep religiously before their minds that they are the guardians of the law
    and that the law officers are only the machinery for its execution, nothing more." Mark Twain
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,255 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    The problem has an easy fix, but it will never be implemented. Take away the limited immunity from prosecution that LE now enjoy and abuse to Roman orgy excess.

^This would be a good start.

It's our culture that needs to change. We have created a nobility class of sorts. Cops (not all, of course) have decided that they are beyond reproach. We shouldn't question them or their actions, because the task of keeping the sheep safe from the wolves is so difficult.

We need to remember that they are public servants. They work for us. Remind your sheriff or city council of this fact. Let your elected officials know that their political lives depend on keeping the police within the proper boundaries.

Ayn Rand
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,935 Senior Member
    ^This would be a good start.

It's our culture that needs to change. We have created a nobility class of sorts. Cops (not all, of course) have decided that they are beyond reproach. We shouldn't question them or their actions, because the task of keeping the sheep safe from the wolves is so difficult.

We need to remember that they are public servants. They work for us. Remind your sheriff or city council of this fact. Let your elected officials know that their political lives depend on keeping the police within the proper boundaries.

:that:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin