Is the US Declaration of Independence illegal?

Replies

• alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,085 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Funny that the spilled milk is still being argued over after all this time.

The losers always seem to want to argue over the spilled milk...just mention the Civil War south of the Mason Dixon line :usa::jester::troll:
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,202 Senior Member
    The losers always seem to want to argue over the spilled milk...just mention the Civil War south of the Mason Dixon line :usa::jester::troll:

Nobody told us that that little bit of unpleasantness was finalized....
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    The losers always seem to want to argue over the spilled milk...just mention the War of Northern Aggression south of the Mason Dixon line :usa::jester::troll:

I fixed it for you.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,260 Senior Member
    Pretty funny article.. You do bring some of the best stuff to stir the pot. Don't let up! :up: :beer:

Thank you for that, some of our patients do seem to live on the edge.
    Just a small prod, that is all.:devil:

PS

JerryBobCo wrote: »
    It's as legal or illegal as the Magna Carta.

'nuff said.

The Magna Carta was a demand by the Barons for King John to confirm the Charter of Liberties, written by Henry I.
    Legal.:up:

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 23,323 Senior Member
    Fun to bring up stuff like that. Someone always learns something new if they keep and open mind. Like a real smart man, Will Rogers said, "We're all ignorant, just on different subjects". He also said, "Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock". I find it hard to argue with that logic. Way things are going on this planet, we need to be standing in a rock quarry!
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

Only cause y'all damyankees voted in a dictator that thought the Constitution was a death pact and fought a war to make it so. Before him, it was understood that the states could stay or leave as they saw fit. During the Late Unpleasantness, Vermont had to be kept in the Union at bayonet point, but I bet you didn't larn that in publik skool, or in high school or college history class. Like Capt. Malcolm Reynolds said, "Half of writing history is hiding the truth." He who wins the war writes the history, or what passes for it. All y'all yankees has that down to a fine art! :rotflmao: :devil::jester:

• shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,260 Senior Member
    , "Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock".

Would it possible for me to purloin this?

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,171 Senior Member
    shush wrote: »
    The Magna Carta was a demand by the Barons for King John to confirm the Charter of Liberties, written by Henry I.
    Legal.:up:

And if King John had not capitulated, then what? Would that have made it illegal?
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • Lonewolf-PeruLonewolf-Peru Member Posts: 332 Member
    And if King John had not capitulated, then what? ...

....if King John had no capitulated, history would have recorded it as a "prequel" of what Cromwell did to King Charles the First....
    Would it possible for me to purloin this?

Will Rogers said it, and I reckon he'd be proud for you to use it, 'specially now.

• alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,085 Senior Member
    He who wins the war writes the history, or what passes for it.

The winners also get to set the rules...
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior Member Posts: 2,725 Senior Member
    shush, are you familiar with Walter Tyler? Just curious how you would think he fits into this arguement-or whatever it is!
    The winners also get to set the rules...

Our master plan is already in full effect. We've infiltrated every state in the union. We have taught many to like country music. We got you hooked on NASCAR. Southern Rock RAWKS, baby! There are rednecks and hillbillies all across the U.S.; the ones in California are slated for removal and retraining as they have become infected with liberalism. Newer, stronger infiltrators are already trained and on the way. YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE! :rotflmao:

....We have taught many to like country music. We got you hooked on NASCAR. Southern Rock RAWKS, baby!..... YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE! :rotflmao:

...country music, NASCAR, Rock.... why would anyone want to resist assimilation? .... send a few operatives to South America ASAP
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 38,330 Senior Member
    Do not sit on the fence; tell me what you really think.

Hows this?

England. Since the autosensor has blocked the first word, guess what it is? A hint: It rhymes with duck.
    Edit: And the lawyers in the US that were debating it too.
    We handed England their , fair and square. Sure it was illegal. TFB, we won.
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,255 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    The National Guard would refuse to turn over armaments, and the federal government would face the decision as to whether to order the military to attack its own 'brothers-in-arms,' knowing that most of that military would oppose the decision.

I agree with everything in your post but this. History has shown that the military will almost always turn on the citizenry, and this includes our military.

If Texas decided to opt out, I'm there. I have deep family roots on the gulf coast.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
    ...country music, NASCAR, Rock.... why would anyone want to resist assimilation? .... send a few operatives to South America ASAP

We already did; back around 1866 to the present. They're scattered all along the East coast of South America. We's a crafty bunch; ya didn't even know we had infiltrated! :tooth:

• snake284-1snake284-1 Senior Member Posts: 2,500 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    This is exactly why English citizens live under a rule they will never crawl out from under. So many years of "Royal" rule has cast the people in to depressed acceptance of being forcefed what the government wants to feed them. If you had free thinkers, the quote above would make you sick to your stomach that people actually believe that garbage.

It does make me sick to my stomach to know that some people actually believe that. If it was not backed up by any legality, it made its own legality. It explains itself. It's plenty legal for me.
    I'm Just a Radical Right Wing Nutt Job, Trying to Help Save My Country!
    Do not sit on the fence; tell me what you really think.

The problem is shush there's a lot of Britts that today would come join us if we seceded. I would bet you would be one of the first on the plane to Texas. Most Britts I know love us. And I love most Britts I have known also. Hell we buried the hatchet 180 years ago. WWI and WWII Reunited our peoples for ever. Too much of our blood has run together in the name of freedom. I know you're firing for effect here so I'm being nice, LOL! Of course, I have a pretty big dose of that Britt blood in me too, that and German.
    It's as legal or illegal as the Magna Carta.

'nuff said.

Amen Jerry!
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,510 Senior Member
    Our master plan is already in full effect. We've infiltrated every state in the union. We have taught many to like country music. We got you hooked on NASCAR. Southern Rock RAWKS, baby! There are rednecks and hillbillies all across the U.S.; the ones in California are slated for removal and retraining as they have become infected with liberalism. Newer, stronger infiltrators are already trained and on the way. YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE! :rotflmao:

Ain't got no dog in this fight...frankly I think all of ya'll are a bit odd lol ;)

But....how many orange faced, heavy drinking, fist pumping guido wannabes do you see on TV and around the high school aged kids? Jersey is doing pretty good infiltrating the rest of the countries culture too there Mike ;) I didn't say they were not-so-quietly ingraining anything GOOD into everyones head, just saying they're doing it too
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
    We already did; back around 1866 to the present. They're scattered all along the East coast of South America. We's a crafty bunch; ya didn't even know we had infiltrated! :tooth:

...Well, living in the West coast of South America, it would be a bit difficult to notice any infiltration at all....but I would keep an eye open to join the ranks of the "assimilated" as soon as you start operations in this area
    JasonMPD/ robert38-55?

Did you have difficulty opening the link; did you read what it was about?
    They are not my words, did you see the quote marks?
    It was a debate.

This could trip me up

It is not Treason when you win!:devil:

PS

Really?

You stole the words right out of my head shush, cause I was gonna say, treason is in the eye of the beholder. If you win, then who's going to charge you with treason. However if you lose they string you up, LOL!!!
  • Dr. dbDr. db Senior Member Posts: 1,541 Senior Member
    I haven't read all of this thread. The question before the forum seems to be. Is a (the) Declaration of Independence or some modern iteration thereof illegal or treasonous?

NOT IF YOU WIN.

However,if you don't that's a different story. There's a reason why those guys pledged, "their live, their fortunes, and their sacred honors"
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member

:agree::agree::agree::agree::agree: I have/done or is still doing my part to continue this assimilation process too!!!!!!!!! I moved from NC to Co. in 1987 lived 23yrs there, now have lived in NM for 2 1/2 yrs.. Us Southern boys can git round whens we a wanting too! And us Southern boys gots to stick together too!!!!! Let us not forget the introduction of grits to other states, moonshine, Duct tape, Pork or (Poke Skins) either Bar-B-Q or regular flavor, pepsi, which was born in the Carolina's and a whole host of other nice comodities and items that everyone loves and enjoys today. Like the Pork, the chopped Bar-B-Q sandwich,( with coleslaw on it of course) Especiall the Redneck jokes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jester::applause:
    "It is what it is":usa:
    snake284-1 wrote: »
    The problem is shush there's a lot of Britts that today would come join us if we seceded. I would bet you would be one of the first on the plane to Texas. Most Britts I know love us. And I love most Britts I have known also. Hell we buried the hatchet 180 years ago. WWI and WWII Reunited our peoples for ever. Too much of our blood has run together in the name of freedom. I know you're firing for effect here so I'm being nice, LOL! Of course, I have a pretty big dose of that Britt blood in me too, that and German.

:that::agree: And if things get any worse I will be moving to Texas, Ya'll just having too much fun in Texas, without me, I need to join ya'll:tooth::guns:
    Fun to bring up stuff like that. Someone always learns something new if they keep and open mind. Like a real smart man, Will Rogers said, "We're all ignorant, just on different subjects". He also said, "Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock". I find it hard to argue with that logic. Way things are going on this planet, we need to be standing in a rock quarry!

:that::agree: And not only that, but "Ready on the slingshots, and wrist rockets" I just love the quotes of Will Rogers. Speaking of the deffinition of Diplomacy thats a good one tennmike. Heres one of my favorites: Diplomacy is the act of telling your opponent to go to hell, and actually conviencing them to look forward to the trip.
    Will Rogers once said this too: There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence. I say this: There are three kind of people in the world: Those that make things happen, those that cause things to happen, and those who said what in the hell happened.
    tennmike wrote:
    Someone always learns something new if they keep and open mind.
    Know Thy Self!!!!!!!!!!!!! Minds are like parachutes, they only function when they are open. I don't remember who said that.

You may have a point here alpha, but I think thats slowly changing in the deep south. Seems like to me that with each succeeding generation, the history of the USA, the civil war, etc, is slowly slipping away from our HS grads, and college grads. What a shame huh?????????????

I can tell ya this Alpha and as a testimonial, I was born in the South, raised in the south, educated in the south, disciplined in the south,developed a moral honest work ethic in the South, and I don't know how to live any other way, nor do I want to!!!!!! I am one Southern'er who ain't still mad about the civil war. And BTW the South didn't loose, IIRC General Robert E.Lee surrendered to Ulysses S. Grant in the town of Appomattox Court house, April,1865
    As for Lee himself – this brilliant general who had consistently outsmarted the Union against seemingly insurmountable odds – he was told to get back on his horse and just “go home”. And so he did. And as he did, the Union army began cheering in celebration. But Grant ordered an immediate stop. “The Confederates were now our countrymen,” he said. “We did not want to exult over their downfall.”

http://www.onthisdeity.com/9th-april-1865-%E2%80%93-robert-e-lee-surrenders/

I can tell ya something else too, You ain't never going to hear me, and probably a lot of other Southerns sing the Frank Sinatra song New York,New York, but you will hear us either sing Dixie, or whistle Dixie.
    http://www.lyrics.com/new-york-new-york-lyrics-frank-sinatra.html
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    This is exactly why English citizens live under a rule they will never crawl out from under. So many years of "Royal" rule has cast the people in to depressed acceptance of being forcefed what the government wants to feed them. If you had free thinkers, the quote above would make you sick to your stomach that people actually believe that garbage.

:cool2::up::up::up::up::that::agree: Good One Jason, good one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:up:
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,137 Senior Member
    Rosa Park's act was not illegal. It was illegal to insist she remain at the back of the bus.

One only needs to look to how England treated the Irish in the 1800s to understand why a group of people would chose not to live under any crown.

One need only look to our treatment of the native people of America and slaves to understand why people still look to that time as an example of the evil of "Manifest Destiny".

The greatness of the American experiment was that it threw off a monarchy. It's failure will result in our propensity to treat our elected like royalty.

The one truth that remains constant is that America and England are forever bound together as the best and truest allies the world has ever seen. Despite our two different political systems, we are a people who have finally come to the point where we understand all people want to be free to follow whatever system allows us the greatest freedom. Unfortunately for far too many, they equate freedom with having never to face the prospect of personal failure.

There are no allies like America and England. Not anywhere else in the world. Consider that.

Best

Dan
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain