Home Main Category General Firearms

Miniature guns, has anyone seen this?

GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior MemberPosts: 1,095 Senior Member
I know it's an old article, but amazing craftsmanship and detail!

http://www.craftsmanshipmuseum.com/kucer.htm
I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA, Pietta 1860 .44 snubnose

Replies

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Nice, but I am a true Philistine, if it cannot shoot, I get all :tissue:

:uhm: then :zzzz:
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,126 Senior Member
    I'm kinda like Doc, if it is smaller than a LCR, well then 2lxwef8.gif
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,577 Senior Member
    I like those, a lot. Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery and this guy obviously loves guns. I like the 1/3 scale Tommy gun the most.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • HakkonenHakkonen Member Posts: 251 Member
    Not familiar with that particular gentleman, but I do know of a related site:

http://miniaturearsenal.com/
    "If money is speech, then no money means no speech." --Bill Moyers

Money is not speech, corporations are not people, and wealth does not trickle down.
  • GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Posts: 1,095 Senior Member
    Wow. I can't believe they made a mini "Second Century" double 1911...

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA, Pietta 1860 .44 snubnose
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    That is absolutely cool! It did get me thinking tough-- has anyone tried to build double or triple scale firearms? Like a 1911 that is 3x the size of a normal one? That would be kind of cool too.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    That is so neat GunnerK19!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love those minitures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a question, reading the article what does this mean?:
    Left: The heat treating furnace. Right: the two ton arbour press used for broaching barrels.

What is broaching a barrels???? Thanks
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    Broaching is one way to cut rifling.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • tv_racin_fantv_racin_fan Senior Member Posts: 661 Senior Member
    Did you catch the "A 1/3 scale revolver with scale sized bullets to show that it loads and functions just like the real thing.".
  • Win73Win73 Member Posts: 41 Member
    I know this can't compare to those but I think it is interesting. I got it at the Big Texan restaurant in Amarillo, Texas as a souvenir. It was packaged with a garter and a little holster. I keep it with the garter hanging from the rear view mirror in my truck.

It has a swing out cylinder and the trigger and hammer are functional. It is single action. The cylinder does not rotate but it has a chamber under the hammer when closed that appears to have been made to fire some sort of cap or blank. There is a firing pin on the hammer.

(Luke 11:21 KJV) When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:
    (Luke 22:36 KJV) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    I've got some pictures on Photobucket of some miniature flintlock rifles and pistols from the Longrifle show I took several years ago. Photobucket is pitching a hissy fit right now; can't access the pics. I'll post them later.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Two pictures of some tiny flintlock rifles. The round object in the picture is a quarter for size comparison.

100_0378a.jpg

100_0379.jpg
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • HakkonenHakkonen Member Posts: 251 Member
    GunnerK19 wrote: »
    Wow. I can't believe they made a mini "Second Century" double 1911...

Well, Miniature Arsenal is either a subsidiary or sister company to Arsenal Firearms, makers of the Second Century.
    "If money is speech, then no money means no speech." --Bill Moyers

Money is not speech, corporations are not people, and wealth does not trickle down.
  • GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Posts: 1,095 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Two pictures of some tiny flintlock rifles. The round object in the picture is a quarter for size comparison.

100_0378a.jpg

100_0379.jpg

I'd love to have one of those in an 1861 Springfield!