Best reason to vote for Obama?

Replies

• snake284-1snake284-1 Senior Member Posts: 2,500 Senior Member
    True Jerm. You are correct. I guess I'm just fed up with all this crap and don't know what else to do. I'm not a Republican, Democrat or Liberaterian. I just want this country to last forever and when I see how some people view it (And I'm not talking about Bream) I just get really POd.
    I'm Just a Radical Right Wing Nutt Job, Trying to Help Save My Country!
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,230 Senior Member
    Most of us are frustrated. It is going to be alright. I promise.
    Thanks Jerm, you're a good man.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    What about no vote at all, but a nice Royal Family to take care of you all.
    Oh!....no, we have tried that.:devil:

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

Yeah that didn't work very well at all. Went over like a lead balloon!!!
    In the immortal words of that great Sailor, Popeye, "This is all I can Stands cause I can't Stands no More!!!"

Say goodnight Gracie, I'm going to bed!!!
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,104 Senior Member
    shush wrote: »
    What about no vote at all, but a nice Royal Family to take care of you all.
    Oh!....no, we have tried that.:devil:

The Engish "royalty". The longest running season of Jersey Shore in Earth's history.

Our government now believes they are akin to "royalty". They are self-righteous and stake themselves as omnipotent. It sickens me to nausea. Our first lady had more aids than any first lady in history and has an aid spendature more than twice the previous. If that is not believing you are a lord among flies, then I don't know what is. That entire family is 20 pounds of s*** in a 10 pound bag.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,104 Senior Member
    snake284-1 wrote: »
    In the immortal words of that great Sailor, Popeye, "This is all I can Stands cause I can't Stands no More!!!"

Goodnight Gracie.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,230 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    Our government now believes they are akin to "royalty". They are self-righteous and stake themselves as omnipotent. It sickens me to nausea. Our first lady had more aids than any first lady in history and has an aid spendature more than twice the previous. If that is not believing you are a lord among flies, then I don't know what is. That entire family is 20 pounds of s*** in a 10 pound bag.

It is going to be alright Jason. I promise.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    The Engish "royalty". The longest running season of Jersey Shore in Earth's history.

'The cost to the taxpayer of the Royal Family fell to 62p per person in the UK last year - a drop of 7p, according to Buckingham Palace 2010 accounts.'

For a head of state, worth every penny and we do not have to renew every 4yrs.:tooth:

PS.
    The Queen has published her financial accounts, which show that the Royal Family cost the taxpayer 52p per person last year,2011.
    Cheaper still.

$0.8405 per person per year.:up:

Sorry, I had to google that, small time matey, does not compare.

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

Goodnight Gracie.
    Jason, do you remember this? or are you asking what I meant by Say goodnight Gracie?

In case some don't remember or don't know, that was George Burn's ol line when he and his wife Gracie Allen, the old comedy team Burns and Allen, would say when they said good night at the end of their weekly show. She would come on with a last joke and he'd look at her like she just got off a Marshan Space ship and say, "Say Good Night Gracie!!!"
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    Okay, I will say it. There is a huge margin of blacks that think that we responsible folks owe them something. I personally think that they should go pound sand and not be allowed to vote if they are of that mindset.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    Okay, I will say it. There is a huge margin of blacks that think that we responsible folks owe them something. I personally think that they should go pound sand and not be allowed to vote if they are of that mindset.

Hey, way to go. You knowe that we have at least one black man that is a member here, don't you? I haven't seen him post in a while and I hope it's not because of posts like this.

There are just as many sorry whites as there are blacks. Dependency, laziness, helplessness... These aren't racial tendencies. These are human characteristics. So please, let's mind ourselves, eh?

I don't say this because I want to keep our one, token black guy around. His race means nothing. He is a valued member, and one that I share a similar issue with. I'd like to keep him around.

No offense intended, ghost. You aren't the only one that has thrown out statements about blacks and welfare.
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    Hey, way to go. You knowe that we have at least one black man that is a member here, don't you? I haven't seen him post in a while and I hope it's not because of posts like this.

There are just as many sorry whites as there are blacks. Dependency, laziness, helplessness... These aren't racial tendencies. These are human characteristics. So please, let's mind ourselves, eh?

I don't say this because I want to keep our one, token black guy around. His race means nothing. He is a valued member, and one that I share a similar issue with. I'd like to keep him around.

No offense intended, ghost. You aren't the only one that has thrown out statements about blacks and welfare.

Buffco to the rescue. As a white guy raised in the South, I wasn't raised THAT way. +1 to your post.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
    Perhaps I should have also included the trash of all races as I'm not racist. But one can't be blind to a large majority which does support Obama.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,661 Senior Member
    There is truth to what he says, exaggerated yes but still true and an opinion. Where is the concern with **** and Muslims A lot of stereotyping with these folks and this is OK?
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    Of course blacks are going to vote overwhelmingly for Obama!!! Do you think we whites would do any different if the roles were reversed?

Imagine we lived in a country made up by a majority of black people. When the first white man in over 200 years runs for president, we would vote for him with the same percentage as blacks did for Obama.
    Ha. And we wonder why we're looked at as a good ol' boy, white male club.

Who gives a crap? Get up, go to work, take somebody shooting or hunting, go home and worry about your family. Don't worry about Obama or any "groups" that are "ruining this country".

Things are always gonna change. But the pendulum will always swing back and forth. I'll be dead in another 50 or 60 years or so anyway, so what do I care....
    Had Obama held the same values as a good conservative, I would have voted for him. What u stated is the major problem. The man gets the black vote because he is black. To me that is bs. And I have personally had the opportunity to be the minority in a mostly black school. You think white people can be racist, pfff. I judge people by what they show me of their character.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,661 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    Of course blacks are going to vote overwhelmingly for Obama!!! Do you think we whites would do any different if the roles were reversed?

Imagine we lived in a country made up by a majority of black people. When the first white man in over 200 years runs for president, we would vote for him with the same percentage as blacks did for Obama.

Actually I don't give a damn as to what color the president is. I want someone who I believe can lead and our choices right now suck big time.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,458 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    Actually I don't give a damn as to what color the president is. I want someone who I believe can lead and our choices right now suck big time.

This.
    Herman Cain was actually working on getting my vote. I agreed with quite a bit he said.
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »

I don''t care about extra melanin either but you're missing the point. Neither you, ( assuming you're a white person), nor I have any clue what it's like to grow up a black person in this country. Someone above made note of Jim Crow laws from 100 years ago. Actually they existed,, legally well into the '60s, That's 1960s. And I mean defacto slavery.

I'm not blind. I read the paper everyday. I've seen the FBI crime stats. I've seen the illegitimate birth rate stats. These things are issues that must be dealt with on the most fundamental levels.

Now imagine yourself, just like you are, but in a world where your sons are pulled over for no reason.

To hell with all that. I started to list a long list of things that happen to innocent, hard working, tax paying, black folks but it won't matter if people can't disassociate themselves from their own reality.

I'm done posting in this thread... no offense to anyone intended.

But remember Obama didn't get 100% of the AA vote last time. And won't this time either.

Edited to add: Buford, your post was probably a poor choice on my part to quote. My apologies.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,464 Senior Member

I'm glad you're not a racist, because this statement would be REALLY asinine if you were. :roll:

Regardless of any reasons that somebody might have to vote for Obama, the fact remains that better than 72% of the national populace is WHITE. Even if every last black person voted for him, that's still less than 13% of the populace. He didn't get elected on the black vote, the hispanic vote or the female vote. He got elected because folks thought he was new and fresh. He wasn't the same old same old, or so lots of folks (MOST of whom are just as lily white as my backside) thought. He got elected because we (collectively) were duped, plain and simple.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    I'm glad you're not a racist, because this statement would be REALLY asinine if you were. :roll:

Regardless of any reasons that somebody might have to vote for Obama, the fact remains that better than 72% of the national populace is WHITE. Even if every last black person voted for him, that's still less than 13% of the populace. He didn't get elected on the black vote, the hispanic vote or the female vote. He got elected because folks thought he was new and fresh. He wasn't the same old same old, or so lots of folks (MOST of whom are just as lily white as my backside) thought. He got elected because we (collectively) were duped, plain and simple.
    Yep I agree as we'll. but a lot of his supporters were and still are the less than desirable idiots, whether black or white, just looking for free handouts.
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    snake284-1 wrote: »

I don't remember if Popeye said this also, " I am what I am" heck we all are, and " It is what it is". Snake I remember the Say goodnight Gracie thing.
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,464 Senior Member
    Yep I agree as we'll. but a lot of his supporters were and still are the less than desirable idiots, whether black or white, just looking for free handouts.

Many of his supporters are moochers, that's true enough, but just as many or more are folks who think like he does, at least on some level.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    I don't remember if Popeye said this also, " I am what I am" heck we all are, and " It is what it is". Snake I remember the Say goodnight Gracie thing.

Yes Bro Robert, "I ams what I ams, and it goes hand in hand with "It is what it is!"
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    Obummer is just an empty suit- - - -doing the bidding of the people who manipulated the system to put him in a position to do what he does. He's a symptom of the disease, not the cause. Even if we manage to push him out the door, the system that put him there will remain, and they'll just crawl back under their rocks to wait for the next opporftunity to strike.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • blkbird305blkbird305 Member Posts: 219 Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Some politicians actually want to better the country. Som politicians just want the power and benefits that come with the job. Obama wants the big house, the 747(s), the adoration of the mindless masses and will work relentlessly to keep it as long as he can while dooming the country with his ineptitude.

Absolutely! So I think the way to weed out the one who actually want to make a difference from the ones who just want the benefits is to cut the pay and benefits back. Let em EARN around $20 an hour and cut out the retirement plans. If folks can keep their family fed on $20 they should be able to make it on that.
  • drwalker47drwalker47 Member Posts: 192 Member
    PLEASE WATCH THIS SHORT VIDEO

I don't care if your democrat, republican or any combination of either or anything else, watch this video and it doesn't scare the heck out of you think what the next two generations are going to inherit
    If you watch nothing else today... please watch this short illustration lesson.
    This is a non-partisan video produced by an accountant, Hal Mason, retired
    after 27 years with IBM. He looks at the budget, its revenues and expenses,
    and very simply illustrates the problem. Amazingly, we get all the media
    talking heads blathering and shouting for hours and never get clarity.
    This guy does it in a couple minutes.

Click below to view the video.

http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/EW5IdwltaAc?rel=0
    Celebrate life, moment by moment. I plan to enjoy what time I have left, and that means MORE GUNS!