Home Main Category Personal Defense

A BIG CC No-NO!!

RobSRobS BannedPosts: 2 New Member
What gets me are the idiots who CC and yet choose to make YouTube videos revealing themselves (e.g. face, body build, what they sound like) in HD video. When reviewing guns THEY actually OWN. Interviewing sales reps at the SHOT show, shooting guns at the range... Etc.

I guess these morons assume the bad guys don't have internet access or are the only one's who haven't heard of YouTube. DUH!!! "Hello!!! McFLY!!!! HeLLLOOOOO!!!!" :) (Back to the Future movie reference)

Replies

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,713 Senior Member
    :popcorn:
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    A lot of competent folks don't care if everyone knows they are packing - they just carry concealed because the law does not allow them to open carry. That isn't my strategy, because I want all the edge I can get. Also, I already don't look or behave like prey, but some folks believe that it is a deterrent. They might be right.

As for the YouTube videos, some people are just attention whores.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Some people post controversial comments on outdoor forums to get attention- - - - - -others do it on You Tube!
    Jerry
  • Chris CChris C Member Posts: 44 Member
    meh....If the "bad guy" knows I'm carrying then what are the odds he's going to mess with me? If the "bad guy" knows I own other guns as well , do ya think he's going to come to my house to try to steal them? Highly unlikely....They're looking for easy targets not a gun fight.
    As for the YouTube videos, some people are just attention whores.
    :that:
    "It's better to have one and not need it , than to need one and not have it"
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    RobS wrote: »
    What gets me are the idiots who CC and yet choose to make YouTube videos revealing themselves (e.g. face, body build, what they sound like) in HD video. When reviewing guns THEY actually OWN. Interviewing sales reps at the SHOT show, shooting guns at the range... Etc.

I guess these morons assume the bad guys don't have internet access or are the only one's who haven't heard of YouTube. DUH!!! "Hello!!! McFLY!!!! HeLLLOOOOO!!!!" :) (Back to the Future movie reference)

Okay den.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,715 Senior Member
    I used to get very upset with idiots; now I'm disappointed when there isn't
    one around, they make my day exciting.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • wddodgewddodge Senior Member Posts: 1,094 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    I used to get very upset with idiots; now I'm disappointed when there isn't
    one around, they make my day exciting.

What Ned said....:agree:

Denny
    Participating in a gun buy back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids.... Clint Eastwood
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    The more I think about this premise, the more concerned I become about some of the things that I take to the SE shoot. I mean, I don't really know you guys, and I'm becomming worried about having displayed a certain 1911 with blue grip panels. A certain individual was eerily draw to it and is probably trying to pinpoint my location as I type this.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • RobSRobS Banned Posts: 2 New Member
    Why would you want to give them ANY advantage. No matter how small you believe it to be. It's naive to assume you won't be spotted from making "look at me" YouTube (or anything similar). Do you not think they aren't gun fanatics too? "Scoping" out prey?

Look at it another way. If they know you're "hickok45" they could prepare. No surprises. They know you're a good shot. Take a different approach to their home invasion. Perhaps snipe him when he's busy making YouTube videos firing his S&W500...

I also think it's naive to assume that "because I told every one I own 50 pistols and 25 shotguns....etc." they won't target your home. Why not wait till that family is out of the house...break-in and rob them...steal all their guns/ammo...keep the it or sell them on the street...this has happened a few times in a few big cities... :)

Firefight? HEH!! No need. Group of gunmen vs. father "protecting" family. "Hmmm, who should we take out first?". "Maybe we should grab his daughter from school first...then make him open his gun safe....so we can take all the firearms he talked about in his videos...". Etc.

It seems to me the whole idea of CC is to NOT let any one know (in any shape or form) you're carrying. If you're going to make "look at me" videos about guns you might as well not bother CC. Sort of defeats the purpose don't ya think??
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Posts: 5,462 Senior Member
    What an idiot
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    You know what's REALLY STUPID??? Coming back every couple of days with a new id and trying to stir the pot with idiotic posts. Same moron with the same IP address as AGC and they have both been banned. I hate attention whores...

Enzo, :sniff: I love you, man...
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    You have a good point there, new guy. I mean, it seems everyday that i hear of someone who got assaulted by someone that found out they had a gun by watching them on you tube.

You have a good point there, new fish. I mean, it seems everyday that i hear of someone who got assaulted by someone that found out they had a gun by watching them on you tube.

Fixed it ! :jester:
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • SlanteyedshootistSlanteyedshootist Senior Member Posts: 3,947 Senior Member
    I have heard that since BGs are so intelligent they no longer watch youtube videos for victims. They look on gun forums for posts by new guys that make no sense. Then, they follow the IP address and find out where they live. The idea is that a newbie poster has guns but very little experience so would be ineffective in a fire fight. Therefore an easy, safe mark.

The sniper scenario posted was good but them sniper rifles cost sooooo much. You can do a smash and grab at a newbies house armed with a 410 shotgun with copper washed pellets. Or, if you like to live dangerously, a Taurus Judge.

So, RobS, be vewwy, vewwy careful since you fit the victim criteria. And if anything happens, don't post video on youtube.
    The answer to 1984 is 1776
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    You know what's REALLY STUPID??? Coming back every couple of days with a new id and trying to stir the pot with idiotic posts. Same moron with the same IP address as AGC and they have both been banned. I hate attention whores...

OK, new forum rule, only Enzo and the words of Jesus in the Bible are allowed to be posted in red.......:applause:
    :guns::guns::guns:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    I can do that, as long as Enzo doesn't try walking on water or changing water to wine. But if he does, I like a good Malbec and sometimes a stout Cabernet Sauvignon, if the meal supports it...
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • rbsivleyrbsivley Senior Member Posts: 1,166 Senior Member
    RobS wrote: »
    If they know you're "hickok45" they could prepare.

What is "hickok45"?

Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknown

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God 9 not by works, lest any man should boast.
    Ephesians 2:8-9
    rbsivley wrote: »
    What is "hickok45"?

He's a dipstick attention whore that posts tons of videos about gun handling and self defense on youtube. He's the guy that accidentally shot himself in the leg while demonstrating a fast draw technique on video.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,495 Senior Member
    You're thinking of Tex Grebner. Hickock45 has a steel range at home, and shot a lawnmower with a .500 S&W when it wouldn't turn off.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    You're thinking of Tex Grebner.

Hickok45 is, IMO, the best "gun guy" on YouTube.

Doesn't do stupid stuff, is very safety conscious without being obnoxious about it, has a fantastic silhouette range in his back yard, and puts a LOT of rounds down range out of a lot of different guns.
  • EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    In fact, he just posted a new pumpkin carving video.....pretty neat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mThUfYcea3I
    My bad, I was thinking of tex grebner.
  • Mr.FMr.F Member Posts: 89 Member
    Eli wrote: »
    In fact, he just posted a new pumpkin carving video.....pretty neat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mThUfYcea3I

That was the best pumpkin carving I've ever seen !
    Jermanator : You might talk about Tauruses around your wife, but that just doesn't fly in my house.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,155 Senior Member

Hickock45 can hit steel offhand with a handgun at over 100 yards. People would be pretty stupid to target someone that can shoot that good.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member

Doesn't do stupid stuff, is very safety conscious without being obnoxious about it, has a fantastic silhouette range in his back yard, and puts a LOT of rounds down range out of a lot of different guns.

I like him. He does have a sweet back yard set up.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,398 Senior Member
    Fisheadgib wrote: »
    The more I think about this premise, the more concerned I become about some of the things that I take to the SE shoot. I mean, I don't really know you guys, and I'm becomming worried about having displayed a certain 1911 with blue grip panels. A certain individual was eerily draw to it and is probably trying to pinpoint my location as I type this.

I would be more worried about getting caught in a pic next to a farm animal or wearing a pink shirt......
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • uscitizen1970uscitizen1970 New Member Posts: 3 New Member
    I know a retired nc detective who changed my concealed ideas. I thought criminal shoots person with gun first during robbery. Stats show criminal waits for open carry citizen to leave store before robbing. Now I open carry; legal in Georgia.
  • tv_racin_fantv_racin_fan Senior Member Posts: 660 Senior Member
    Meh I dunno exactly what he was refering to.

However there was an incident down in Kennesaw GA where some bad guys were set to rob a local Waffle House and the "scout" spotted a couple good ole boys with handguns on their side so the bad guys decided to wait them out before robbing the joint. Badfor the bad guys a local police officer spotted said bad guys in their vehicle out behind that Waffle House and when he investigated he found some armed bad guys aapparently getting set to rob the nice folks inside. As far as I am aware it is the only documented account of bad guys avoiding someone open carrying other than police officers or security guards.

I can not recall any documented accounts of bad guys shooting open carry guys first during any sort of criminal action. I do know of a couple times that bad guy did in fact attack good guy open carrying but those were the criminal actions, however on one of those occasions I believe the bad guy went on to use the handgun he had obtained from open carry guy to committ a crime immediately after obtaining said handgun.
  • ThatMattGuyThatMattGuy Senior Member Posts: 666 Senior Member
    I am still trying to figure out that the " No No" was hahaha
    The poster formerly known as '69MercCougar