Home Main Category Personal Defense

Would/do you carry handcuffs?????

2»

Replies

• lightkeeperlightkeeper Member Posts: 168 Member
    As a civilian,I'd say no. Deter & Defend is our responsibility. Apprehend should be left to the pros.
    But I do have some if it ever became absolutely necessary. Sometimes it takes awhile for the pros to show up.
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    I have a nice pair of S&W cuff's that belonged to my father, they must be at least 50 years old, but I can't imagine to many circumstances where they would be useful. Personally, if I ever find myself in a situation where use of deadly force is justified and the BG is still alive ( even if they give up ) I don't want to get that close to them.
    I don't want to be a LEO, I just want to stop the threat. I think you are looking for trouble if you venture
    beyond your basic use of deadly force rights.......... Bill
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Not that I would carry handcuffs but I could see a limited use for having a criminal handcuff their ankle to their wrist or some other such comical position.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • BPsniperBPsniper Banned Posts: 1,961 Senior Member
    DoctorWho wrote: »
    Not that I would carry handcuffs but I could see a limited use for having a criminal handcuff their ankle to their wrist or some other such comical position.

whistle.gif
  • Pez_FartolaPez_Fartola Banned Posts: 116 Member
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    I wouldn't. I am not a LEO nor do I play one on TV...... There are many reason LEO's go thru training on how to cuff a BG..

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/komo/article/Citizen-takes-down-gunman-after-shooting-in-Skyway-1751843.php

my girlfriend carries them. she handcuffs me to the bed everynight for my safety and hers. :drool2: