Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Thousands fear Destruction of Myanmar City, Muslim Quarter....

robert38-55robert38-55 Senior MemberPosts: 3,621 Senior Member
SITTWE, Myanmar - A human rights group expressed concern for the safety of thousands of Muslims on Saturday after revealing satellite images of a once-thriving coastal community reduced to ashes during a week of violence in western Myanmar.

The images released by the New York-based Human Rights Watch show "near total destruction" of a predominantly Rohingya Muslim part of Kyaukpyu, one of several areas in Rakhine state where battles between Rohingyas and ethnic Rakhine Buddhists threaten to derail the former Burma's fragile democratic transition.

More than 811 buildings and houseboats were razed in Kyaukpyu on Oct. 24, forcing many Rohingya to flee north by sea toward the state capital Sittwe, Human Rights Watch said.

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/27/14736008-fears-for-thousands-after-near-total-destruction-of-myanmar-citys-muslim-quarter?lite&ocid=msnhp
"It is what it is":usa:

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    And we're supposed to care?
    Jerry
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,288 Senior Member
    The sand people messed with the wrong bunch and got their sixes handed to them. Those folks don't mess around when they get stirred up.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 1,915 Senior Member
    I'll put this under who gives a flying rat's butt. Maybe ask the Rakhine Buddhists if there is anything they need to help get the job done.
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.