Home Main Category Clubhouse

Got my property surveyed

HAWKENHAWKEN Senior MemberLogansport Indiana, by way of Hohenwald Tennessee by way of Cocoa FloridaPosts: 1,720 Senior Member
We just finished getting out property surveyed, and found out that we have more land than we thought. The old survey, that was used during the purchase, indicated that we has 26.3 acres. The new survey says we have 27.7 acres. We are usually not that lucky. I followed the surveyors around the perimeter and found several good spots for a stand. This is good timing as muzzleloader season opens November 3.......Robin
I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Dellrose TNPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Hmmmm- - - - -the properety next to mine sold as "100 acres- - - -more or less" to an out-of state buyer. When the guy got around to getting a survey it was less, by about 35 acres! I've made a couple of offers to buy the place over the past 20-somethig years, but he got burned so bad his price is way out of line!
    Jerry
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior Member Posts: 2,725 Senior Member
    Working on boundary surveys can really be a fun job. Referring to old original survey field notes going way back to the original GLO surveys or even earlier in the metes and bounds states can be fun and educational. Digging around and finding original property corners set over a hundred plus years earlier almost puts you in touch with the old fellows who were there first. It's fun to find an old muzzleloader barrel as a property corner! lot of fun stirring up a big yellowjacket nest, too :yikes: :silly:
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Logansport Indiana, by way of Hohenwald Tennessee by way of Cocoa FloridaPosts: 1,720 Senior Member
    I've made a couple of offers to buy the place
    Jerry[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I tried to buy the 25 acres next to me. but the lady wants $80,000 for it. That works out to $3200 per acre. She is a real estate agent in Tampa, Florida and must be used to those prices. Way too high for me. I offered her $1500 per acre, and she was insulted. Go figure.......Robin
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO