Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Constitution of the State of New Mexico says Obama can't win

JayJay Senior MemberPosts: 3,811 Senior Member
It is not possible, because his base cannot vote in the state.
Every citizen of the United States, who is over the age of twenty-one years, and has resided in New Mexico twelve months, in the county ninety days, and in the precinct in which he offers to vote thirty days, next preceding the election, except idiots, insane persons and persons convicted of a felonious or infamous crime unless restored to political rights, shall be qualified to vote at all elections for public officers.

That pretty much takes out all of his voters in the state....:tooth::p

Replies

• samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Ha! Don't we all wish it were true. Good idea, though.
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,811 Senior Member
    Of course, I'm just joking. But the part I find really funny is, that is exactly how it reads in the NM constitution. Word for word. In the 2002 general election, a proposed amendment to lower the voting age to 18 and remove the terms "idiots" and "insane persons" was defeated by vote. It is still written exacty how I quoted it above.
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Of course you have to remember when the NM Constitution (effective 1-6-1912) was written.....the term "Idiot" was not a derogatory term, but rather utilized to mean "persons of limited mental facilities"...to put it in a nice way.

Still....it's pretty damn funny in current context! :tooth:
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    LOL! They might just as well say "Democrats" and be done with it!
    Jerry
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    Jay wrote: »
    It is not possible, because his base cannot vote in the state.

That pretty much takes out all of his voters in the state....:tooth::p

Well that includes my old lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess I am the only one in New Mexico that will be voting this year!!!!!!!!!!:rotflmao::spittingcoffee:
    Teach wrote:
    LOL! They might just as well say "Democrats" and be done with it!
    Jerry
    Sure enough Teach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again ya crack me up... They would have save a lot of ink and paper if they wrote it your way!:cool2::roll2:

Jay wrote:
    Of course, I'm just joking. But the part I find really funny is, that is exactly how it reads in the NM constitution. Word for word. In the 2002 general election, a proposed amendment to lower the voting age to 18 and remove the terms "idiots" and "insane persons" was defeated by vote. It is still written exacty how I quoted it above.
    :that::agree::jester:
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    Ha! Don't we all wish it were true. Good idea, though.

Good idea Sam, but if all the states' did that, then we would only have one political party left in the USA, the Republican party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "It is what it is":usa: