Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Ok you guys can thank me now, I elected a new president today!

timctimc Senior MemberPosts: 6,684 Senior Member
Went and did my patriotic duty and voted today and I'm quite sure my vote was the one that turned the tide in the election so Obama will be no more.

You are quite welcome! :iwo:
timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
AKA: Former Founding Member

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Well, if you didn't, I'm sure I did! Voted today also, but I think Tennessee is pretty much a shoo-in for Romney anyhow. Back when Al Bore couldn't even carry his hometown precinct, Tennessee became about as red as it could get!
    Jerry
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,634 Senior Member
    Did my part last week, heard on the news today that the last time North Dakota went Dem was in the 60s.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,788 Senior Member
    I'll wait till election day, since my precinct is not very crowded. Texas will probably vote 70% Republican, but they ain't doin' it without me and mine.
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,249 Senior Member
    Went last Friday, I will be holding down the fort at work on election day so I had to go early.
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
  • BarrydBarryd Member Posts: 192 Member
    I did my duty on the first day of early voting here in NC.
    Barry
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,762 Senior Member
    You guys are all wrong. I live in a battle ground state, and it's my vote, already cast, that will make the difference.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,127 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    You guys are all wrong. I live in a battle ground state, and it's my vote, already cast, that will make the difference.

Colorado is so yesterday. Michigan is the new battleground. I will cast the deciding vote on Tuesday.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 856 Senior Member
    I cast the deciding vote in Florida last week!
    NRA Benefactor Member
  • GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Posts: 1,088 Senior Member
    changeclocks.png
    I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA, Pietta 1860 .44 snubnose
    Flint is going to be Ok. We have quite a few good things in place that will pay off over time. IMO, Detroit is a much bigger concern. Half the population is said to be illiterate and they only graduate 25% of their kids each year.

Flint might be doing alright in 10 years or so, but the damage that Detroit is facing will last for generations.
    -Thomas Paine
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    Colorado is so yesterday. Michigan is the new battleground. I will cast the deciding vote on Tuesday.

Yeah, but we're still wishy-washy.....remember any MHS post about any new rifle!?

'Nough said.......internally, it's the responsibles VS the urban gimme-crats. We are fighting amongst ourselves, and it ain't been pretty....random people I've run into are asking how I'VE voted!!

Even the kid delivering Chinese food tonight had a political opinion, and I was glad to hear his opinion cause we got to talking about the door-to-door campaigners and the crap they leave on your door... (he's anti-Obama by the way).

Point being.....if even a 20 yr old kid in Colorado whose job is delivering Chinese food to those us too lazy to cook.....has a political opinion, then yeah....Colorado is not so yesterday.....we've have both schmucks visit repeatedley....closed down our infrastructure while they move around....hosted the second National Debate.

All for a measely 8-9 electoral votes.....but this State has always been a Red state until recently....so there's a lot of infighting amongst the gimme-gimme urbanites, and the out-lying "let me be" constituents. Fort Denver Springs (Ft Collins, Denver, Colorado Springs.....the Eastern Front Range Metro-plex)......does not Colorado make......there are many outside of that area on the plains, in the mountains, on the western side.

Sorry Jerm, got a little caught up in myself there.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
    Ummmm.... Ok. Actually Michigan being a swing state is wishful thinking on my part. I don't watch TV and usually listen to NPR so I don't hear all that much in political ads, but I would love both campaigns to dump their money into our state economy-- we could use their cash! Please dump millions and millions into our state!!! We need it!

I would love to see Michigan go to Romney and I will be sure to do my part, but I am betting that it will go to Obama.
    -Thomas Paine
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Personally Jerm....I wish I was Billionaire.....then I would start "Rebuild America", and start with Flint, just to show that it can be done. I don't know if any others have heard of the town, but I've known several from there.....it's Somalia in our back yard, and people outside don't have a clue as to how bad it is.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • drsfefadrsfefa Member Posts: 407 Member
    I voted last month.
    Responsible CCW is a lifetime commitment to Avoidance, Deterrence, and De-Escalation.
  • bowserbbowserb Member Posts: 277 Member
    It's especially important in the so called battleground states, and double so in Ohio, but any vote for Romney is valuable. I'm in Texas, and I know Texas will be Romney, but the numbers in the popular vote can serve another purpose. If Obama is reelected with 42% of the popular vote, that could be the trigger for a movement to do away with the Electoral College for presidential elections. I know we've had presidential elections in the past where the winner got less than 50%, but if it were a big difference, then maybe something could happen.
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history." - Ayn Rand
  • snake284-1snake284-1 Senior Member Posts: 2,500 Senior Member
    Jerry, same with Texas. It's really a no brainer who will win here. However, it is important that good citizens such as you and tim AND me did our part because we are why our states go the way they do. Good for the two T states, Tennessee and Texas!!! Great partners and Great friends, except on the football field,

:roll::silly::roll2::rotflmao::rotflmao::fan::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
    I'm Just a Radical Right Wing Nutt Job, Trying to Help Save My Country!
    JerryBobCo wrote: »

OK Jerry, but remember this, you may be setting yourself up here. What if Obama does win? Can we blame you?:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
    bowserb wrote: »
    It's especially important in the so called battleground states, and double so in Ohio, but any vote for Romney is valuable. I'm in Texas, and I know Texas will be Romney, but the numbers in the popular vote can serve another purpose. If Obama is reelected with 42% of the popular vote, that could be the trigger for a movement to do away with the Electoral College for presidential elections. I know we've had presidential elections in the past where the winner got less than 50%, but if it were a big difference, then maybe something could happen.

bowserb, the electorial college does far more good than bad. Yes, it gave Kennedy a win over Nixon, and it may do the same with Obama, but it also has done the opposite. And it keeps states like New York and California, both liberal bastions, from electing the president some years. The founding fathers and the framers of the Constitution were smart men and knew what they were doing when the set up the Electorial College.
  • bowserbbowserb Member Posts: 277 Member
    snake284-1 wrote: »
    bowserb, the electorial college does far more good than bad. Yes, it gave Kennedy a win over Nixon, and it may do the same with Obama, but it also has done the opposite. And it keeps states like New York and California, both liberal bastions, from electing the president some years. The founding fathers and the framers of the Constitution were smart men and knew what they were doing when the set up the Electorial College.
    The EC is also part of the way our elected representatives prevent a 3rd party candidate from having a chance. My suggestions.

1. Get rid of the EC system

2. Implement some kind of runoff. An "instant runoff" has been proposed to allow a runoff without the cost: You vote your first and second choice. If your first choice comes in third in the tally, your vote instantly goes to your second choice. That would allow Ron Paul to run as a Libertarian and would allow Libertarians to vote Libertarian or other 3rd party without diluting the Republican vote.

3. Tax votes. In national elections, eligible voters get one vote, plus one vote for each $10,000 in federal income taxes they paid the previous year. A person getting Earned Income Credit or just welfare support, still gets a vote, but his vote counts less than people who are footing the bill. Yeah, I know. Never happen. It would be like in the beginning when only property owners could vote. Boy, where's Andrew Jackson when we really need him?

If I recall correctly, the original purpose of the EC was to prevent some slick-talking, big promising politician from tricking the ignorant ordinary citizens, since the EC did not have to go along with the majority popular vote. The way I see it, we now have slick-talking, big promising politicians doing just what the founding fathers feared! Yet the EC gives all their votes to the majority--or sometimes the plurality--winner.

Buy farmland, a tractor, and lots of ammo.
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history." - Ayn Rand