Home Main Category Personal Defense

Advice on small CC 9mm

13»

Replies

• caleocaleo New Member Posts: 4 New Member
    A great gun to carry all day is the Glock 27. I carry daily and it is very comfortable to wear in my crossbreed supertuck. It is light enough to carry in a pack or anywhere you choose. Over look the Kahr line. Their pistols can be very tempermental and should you need customer service......well forget it. Their customer service is terrible.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,871 Senior Member
    4 posts and in everyone he's bashing Kahr.
    I'm just here for snark.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Troll in the dungeon!!
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    Well, since the disgruntled former Kahr employee is gone I will relate my customer service experience with Kahr. I had it in my head that I bought it new but a quick check of the paper work in the box tells me I bought it used. In the same transaction I bought 200 rds of his cheapest ball. Took it for a test spin and it was FF city. No worries, just a little tap, rack, bang practice. But the problem persisted so I took it back to the LGS. He got Kahr on the phone right there in front of me. It was shipped to them at no expense to me. When I got it back there was a simple note included, "Polshed the feed ramp." Many rounds later and never another hiccup. It's my HD pistol and I have full confidence in it.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    I love people like the 2 Your BIL and I got deals on their returns. It has always been my personal experience that the major manufacturers in this industry fall all over themselves to make things right. I bought my Ruger Bisley in .45LC used. The guy at the LGS told me the original owner had some problem with it. So the LGS refunded the guy's money and sent it to Ruger. Don't remember what the problem was supposed to have been. But it's been great for me and is on my will never sell list. Which is a short one.
    I'm always skeptical when someone trashes a factory like that. I may joke with you guys about Taurus but the fact is I've never owned one so I can't say.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • scarfdudscarfdud New Member Posts: 27 New Member
    Picked up a Keltec PF9 for when I ride in the summer, great little gun, shoots good. Has the belt clip on it, so it rides in the small of my back up against the seat.
    Didn't want to carry my Walter PP, afraid I might loose it.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member
    ken55 wrote: »
    I recently bought a Ruger LC9 with a laser and I'm very happy with it. It's light, flat, and so far 100% reliable with HydroShoks. Shoots right to POA. Got it on sale at Bass Pro on sale for $399 including the laser thingie.

This^

I like mine bunches. Neat little gun.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • twatwa Senior Member Posts: 2,245 Senior Member
    scarfdud wrote: »
    Picked up a Keltec PF9 for when I ride in the summer, great little gun, shoots good. Has the belt clip on it, so it rides in the small of my back up against the seat.
    Didn't want to carry my Walter PP, afraid I might loose it.

Another huge fan of the Kel-tec PF-9, it is just so lightweight, reliable and comfortable to carry. I would highly recommend it. I also have a Glock 26, it is too blocky for me, does not sit well in the small of my back.

Others were discussing Kahr, I have had good and bad experience with these, I have a PM40 that has been flawless, it is also very comfortable to carry. Not too long ago I was on a quest to find a CCW in .45, after the experience I had with my PM40 I though the PM45 was the answer. After FTE and FTF one after another, before and after the recommended break in period and two trips back to the factory with no resolve, I cut my losses and ran from that one. I have heard others say the same of PM45, that being said if their 9mm version is as reliable as the their .40 cal. I would highly recommend this one as well.

I find if it is isn't comfortable to carry, I don't take it. Heck, probable 80% of CCW time, I have the little Kel-tec .380 in my pocket.
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,767 Senior Member
    Hows about a Sig 938. It's like a tiny 1911.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270