The Unions have killed an American Icon,, the Twinkies.

124»

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,372 Senior Member
    but nowhere was it stated those were Union Boss positions
    Reading, it's fundamental.

From Teach's post where he listed of the salaries, at the end. Please note what I bolded:
    Teach wrote: »

Now, folks, I think you'll agree this organization is top-heavy on upper-level executives who make obscene salaries! Particularly since these salaries are for the management of the bakers' union that refused to negotiate! Ironic, huh?

Jerry
    Overkill is underrated.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Back when a gearjammer had to manipulate two shift sticks, arm-wrestle the steering wheel, freeze in the winter and swelter in the summer, and adjust his own brakes, etc., it was a semi-skilled job to drive a truck. That meant that the average high school dropout could handle the job. Now with automatic transmissions, power steering, air conditioning and an air-suspension cab, plus the fact that a union driver isn't allowed to touch the freight once he backs the rig into the loading dock, driving is somewhat of a gravy train! Then there's the DOT log book restrictions that mandate enforced rest periods, and union rules that call for liberal break times.
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Thank you Earl...must've glossed over that, my mistake.....can you pass me the knife? This crow is kinda tough.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
    I see you points.....cost of living is just higher here in "east L.A."
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,372 Senior Member
    These might help, also...
    tucks-personal-cleansing-pads.jpg
    Overkill is underrated.
    Boo, can't open it!
  • EturnEturn Member Posts: 317 Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Back when a gearjammer had to manipulate two shift sticks, arm-wrestle the steering wheel, freeze in the winter and swelter in the summer, and adjust his own brakes, etc., it was a semi-skilled job to drive a truck. That meant that the average high school dropout could handle the job. Now with automatic transmissions, power steering, air conditioning and an air-suspension cab, plus the fact that a union driver isn't allowed to touch the freight once he backs the rig into the loading dock, driving is somewhat of a gravy train! Then there's the DOT log book restrictions that mandate enforced rest periods, and union rules that call for liberal break times.
    Jerry

In every industry in which Ive worked the driver never loads. Not even when I was in the Corps did the drivers load the truck. It is the duty of the driver to oversee loading, not to partake in it, in order to ensure that things are loaded properly. If the driver is toting cargo, loading their own truck, they can not be sure that the others loading are doing it properly.
    “Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”
    Your ignorance is impressive. I've hand-loaded, and unloaded thousands of tons of cargo, by myself, and driven it all over the country. It's called being an owner-operator. "I'd rather have a sister in a cathouse than a brother in the Teamsters"- - - - -lots of us ran that bumper sticker, but with less-PC phrasing!
    Jerry
    And your inability to read is astounding.

"In every industry in which Ive worked the driver never loads."

Did I ever say that no one ever loads their own cargo? No sir I did not. Pay attention that way you don't make an out of yourself when you go insulting people.
    It's called being an owner-operator.

Both my cousin and uncle were owner-operators. Anytime there was a crew, they observed for the reasons I stated earlier. If there was no crew,,,, Well you see where I am going with this.
    “Not everyone is willing to embrace liberty; liberty requires not just effort, but risk. Some people choose to delude themselves and see their chains as protective armor.”
    Eturn wrote: »
    In every industry in which Ive worked the driver never loads.

Nice try at weaseling out of your own comments. No seegar!
    Jerry
    As I said, in every industry in which Ive worked. Did I say in every industry out there? No I did not.

Please try again.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,517 Senior Member
    So anyway, I was back at the grocery store today only to find about 2 boxes of low-cal Hostess muffin-minis or some other nonsense. On the remaining shelves that used to be dedicated to Hostess were now delicious Little Debbie snack cakes. It was well stocked!

I grabbed 2 boxes of swiss cake rolls and was happy again.
  • Kevin M ThomasKevin M Thomas Member Posts: 56 Member
    I grabbed 2 boxes of swiss cake rolls and was happy again.[/QUOTE]

only 2 boxes. I might have bought a case just becasue.