"Say Hello to the New Boss, Same as the Old Boss" We will be Fooled Again.....

robert38-55robert38-55 Senior MemberPosts: 3,621 Senior Member
In the word of the famous 'The Who':

We'll be fighting in the streets
With our children at our feet
And the morals when they worship will be gone
And the men who spurred us on
Sit in judgement of all wrong
They decide and the shotgun sings the song

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray
We don't get fooled again

The change, it had to come
We knew it all along
We were liberated from the foe, that's all
And the world looks just the same
And history ain't changed
'Cause the banners, they'd all flown in the last war

Just like yesterday
No, no!

I'll move myself and my family aside
If we happen to be left half alive
I'll get all my papers and smile at the sky
For I know that the hypnotized never lie
Do ya?

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

There's nothing in the street
Looks any different to me
And the slogans are out-phased, by-the-bye
And the parting on the left
Is now parting on the right
And their beards have all grown longer overnight

Just like yesterday
Don't get fooled again
No, no!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Meet the new boss
Same as the old boss

Meet Second-Term Obama:
He doesn’t need to say he has a mandate. He just plans to act like he does.

There’s a difference between saying you have a mandate and acting like you have one. In his first news conference since his re-election, President Obama took on bullies, scrooges, and unruly reporters. He batted away questions over the scandal that brought down Gen. David Petraeus, stood up for his U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice against attacks from Republican senators, and warned that if House Republicans didn’t act on the question of tax cuts, the holidays would be ruined. In the hour-long news conference, Obama took a measured tone, but he clearly feels like he has the upper hand. “The American people understood what they were getting when they gave me this incredible privilege of being in office for another four years,” he said.

The least substantive but most dramatic moment in the East Room question-and-answer session came when the president took on Sens. John McCain and Lindsey Graham. Both men have pledged to block Susan Rice’s nomination for secretary of state if Obama taps her to replace Hillary Clinton. Days after the attack in Libya that left four Americans dead, Rice went on the Sunday shows to say it was caused by a spontaneous protest. At the time, parts of the U.S. intelligence community supported this view, while other parts said it was a terrorist attack. (A third hybrid theory is that terrorists reacted to spontaneous protests in Egypt to launch the attack.)

The president wasn’t having any of it. He said his U.N. representative was clearly operating on the best intelligence at the time and had nothing to do with the underlying situation in Libya. “If Sen. McCain and Sen. Graham and others want to go after somebody, they should go after me. And I’m happy to have that discussion with them. But for them to go after the U.N. ambassador, who had nothing to do with Benghazi and was simply making a presentation based on intelligence that she had received and to besmirch her reputation, is outrageous … when they go after the U.N. ambassador, apparently because they think she’s an easy target, then they’ve got a problem with me.”

The president is offended by what he sees as a cheap attack, says one White House official. The president believes that McCain and Graham are making Rice a target because they want to deny the president a nominee. If they have fingers to point, say aides, they should aim them at the intelligence community that gave Rice the initial information. If you were of a mind to read the election results as a signal to Republicans to make the party more inclusive, you might wonder why they are picking a high-profile fight over the potential nomination of an African-American woman to be America’s chief diplomat. If you wanted to read the situation as a pure policy fight, then you might wonder why McCain and Graham are going so hard after Susan Rice when they defended Condoleezza Rice and Colin Powell, whose reliance on intelligence information in the lead up to the Iraq war was far more damaging.

If Obama was firm, he also seemed reasonable. When he talked about raising revenue to replace the steep tax increases that are scheduled to kick in at the end of the year, he sounded open to Republican ideas, albeit clearly skeptical. He believes that the election showed the country supports his position that taxes should go up for those making more than $250,000. His newfound confidence made him seem comfortable raising the stakes for Republicans. Because, as he explained, if House Republicans don’t agree to his plan, it’s “going to be a pretty rude shock for [the public] and I suspect will have a big impact on the holiday shopping season, which in turn will have an impact on business planning and hiring, and we can go back into a recession.”

For months, Republicans used business confidence against the president, arguing that his policies had frightened consumers and businesses into inactivity. Republicans argued that only removing Obama from office could jump-start the economy again. Columnist Paul Krugman has a special expertise in making fun of this theory. On Wednesday, the president was offering his own version. Five different times he argued that consumers and businesses needed “certainty” that could only be achieved if Republicans supported his measure for protecting tax rates for those who make under $250,000 while allowing rates for the wealthy to rise.

The president says he is open to any solution that would produce the same revenue as a rate increase, but he’s skeptical that one can be found simply by closing loopholes and removing deductions for those in the top tax bracket. That’s the Republican’s preferred position. The president is open to tax reform that would produce some revenue, but the process of enacting such reform will take a long time. Meanwhile, says Obama, let the rates rise. That’s a frightening proposition for Republicans: They obviously don’t want to see the rates rise for fear that they’ll never come back down in the hoped-for tax reform debate next year.

When George W. Bush held his first news conference after election, he remarked on the sense of confidence the time on the stump had given him. “ When you win, there is a feeling that the people have spoken and embraced your point of view,” Bush said. Obama sounded a similar theme, though he explained the relationship between what he saw and what motivates him more explicitly. “When you travel around the country, you are inspired by the grit and resilience and hard work and decency of the American people. And it just makes you want to work harder … When you talk to these folks, you say to yourself, man, they deserve a better government than they’ve been getting,” Obama said.

At the end of the press conference, a Bloomberg reporter shouted a question about automatic spending cuts. Obama admitted it was a good question, but he didn’t want to set a precedent by fielding a question that was yelled out. In ways little and small, it was a day for the newly re-elected president to draw some lines in the sand.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2012/11/barack_obama_s_first_news_conference_since_his_re_election_made_it_clear.html
"It is what it is":usa:

Replies

• snake284-1snake284-1 Senior Member Posts: 2,500 Senior Member
    In the word of the famous 'The Who':

We'll be fighting in the streets
    With our children at our feet
    And the morals when they worship will be gone
    And the men who spurred us on
    Sit in judgement of all wrong
    They decide and the shotgun sings the song

Just like yesterday

The change, it had to come
    We knew it all along
    We were liberated from the foe, that's all
    And the world looks just the same
    And history ain't changed
    'Cause the banners, they'd all flown in the last war

Just like yesterday
    No, no!

I'll move myself and my family aside
    If we happen to be left half alive
    I'll get all my papers and smile at the sky
    For I know that the hypnotized never lie
    Do ya?

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

There's nothing in the street
    Looks any different to me
    And the slogans are out-phased, by-the-bye
    And the parting on the left
    Is now parting on the right
    And their beards have all grown longer overnight

Just like yesterday
    Don't get fooled again
    No, no!

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Meet the new boss
    Same as the old boss

Meet Second-Term Obama:
    He doesn’t need to say he has a mandate. He just plans to act like he does.

Obummer is so arrogant. He thinks he can intimidate McCain? McCain was imprisoned for many years by a ruthless North Vietnamese enemy and threatened with death on a daily basis! The President surely isn't naive enough to think McCain's that wimpy! You can't scare somebody that's faced death like that. I'm not sure where Sen. Graham is on all this, but I know McCain won't flinch.
    I'm Just a Radical Right Wing Nutt Job, Trying to Help Save My Country!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,774 Senior Member
    Regarding Obama calling out McCain, he should rethink that. McCain spent years in a North Vietnam POW camp and what he faced on a daily basis there would make someone like Obama a basket case. Obama is an arrogant little bully boy that should have enough sense not to call out someone who can make his life the next four years very difficult. Obama had a 'catfish' moment; he reverted to the Chicago politician that is all mouth and no brain.

And the 'Big O' said that Rice was sent by the White House to peddle that sea story about the video being the reason for the attack, and that it was not a terrorist attack. In trying to deflect blowback on himself he inadvertently pointed the finger at himself for that travesty of lies that Rice peddled all over the MSM.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,835 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    And the 'Big O' said that Rice was sent by the White House to peddle that sea story about the video being the reason for the attack,

Typical government practice..."Not sure what's going on? Think the truth will make people "uncomfortable?"....Make some crap up" During my career I was shocked at the number of relatively high ranking govt. types (almost exclusively civilian) whose first thought in a crisis was to lie to the populace.
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,774 Senior Member
    I think that everyone in the WH staff still spewing the "video caused a demonstration that got out of hand" bullsqueeze should be waterboarded, get a few rounds with a cat 'o' nine and repeat until the truth comes out. I especially want to know who told the military to stand down; I have a special punishment for them. This is probably the most lying, obfuscating, dregs of filth to infest the government ever. Four people died that shouldn't have, and justice demands truthful answers. And I don't give a rat's nasty backside how much physical and mental torture is required to drag it out of those involved in the coverup. The lies spewed so far are totally and wholly unacceptable.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• FiveSevenFiveSeven Member Posts: 289 Member
    snake284-1 wrote: »
    Obummer is so arrogant. He thinks he can intimidate McCain?

Me thinks he doth protesteth too much
    Only the optimists suggest that the future is uncertain. The pessimists have done the math.
  • robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    I happen to agree with all the replies here!!!!!!!!!!!!! One thing that Obama and his White House chronies didn't learn in his first 4 years and will not bother to lean during these next 4 years is this: Ovommit and his Cabinet need to learn to:

ESCHEW OBFUSCATE loosely translated it means to avoid confusing terms...
    "It is what it is":usa: