Home Main Category Clubhouse

Educate me on cell phone cases

shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior MemberGlobal NomadPosts: 6,052 Senior Member
I just upgraded to an HTC Evo 4G (yes I am behind the times), and would like to get a tough case for it. I have bad luck with phones, I tend to be rough on them. It seems like the Otterbox Defender is king, but are there any other brands/models I should look into?
- I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski

Replies

• Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Atlanta GaPosts: 1,813 Senior Member
    That's like asking, wheelgun or autoloader, single action or double action, big slow bullets or small fast one. I'm a newbie here but it sounds like a possible fist fight after a few hundred posts. Get a case recomended by the place you got the phone so you can say SEE! Don't know what happened when my gun fired. Oh yeah, buy their insurance when you get the case. :jester: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,457 Senior Member
    OTTER BOX
    Semi.water proof, drop proof, have it on your hip and bump into stuff proof. But you have to get the one made specifically for your phone.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Sovereign SCPosts: 5,463 Senior Member
    Need to know a few things first...

Are you planning on using any docks? I have a car dock that I can't use a case with. I like my car dock. A LOT. So if you don't use a dock, or never tried a car dock, don't because then you will be in the same boat I am in now. But if you are dock curious, they are worth every penny. So if you get one, having a case that is easily removable is something to consider.

Personally, the commuter is just as good as the defender for most things. Look at them both really carefully. Screen protectors are a must with any case. Most of the time, they have a sales guy there that is good at putting them on.

I have been running naked (figuratively speaking of course) for over a year now. I had an iPhone and broke several screens. Went droid and knock on wood, no issues yet. I'm a firefighter, I am tough on my phone. It has been through environments where the temperature was 4 digits, no issues. Good luck!
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • 1hogfan831hogfan83 Member Posts: 347 Member
    Most important, get a thinish screen protector! They will protect your screen from pretty much anything but bullet fire. Otter boxes are nice. They range from smaller and not AS protecting to a floating bullet proof lunch box. Get the middle one. Ask the guys where you got you phone their advice but don't buy, its too expensive. Buy what you need from the teenagers in the case displays in the mall. Phone accessories are like holsters, you'll have a drawer full before your happy.
    "Well he shoulda armed him self" William Munney-Unforgiven"
    "You believe there is one God, that is good, even the demons believe and shudder in fear" James 2:19
  • rallykidrallykid Senior Member Murder MittenPosts: 657 Senior Member
    Get either an otter box defender as it has the screen cover built in or otterbox commuter and a zagg wet application screen protector. My personal favorite case is the life proof case but I have only found them for the iPhone 4 and 4s. They will withstand major drops and are waterproof enough to shoot underwater video with them. I am no expert on cell phones but......oh wait, yes I am lol. 13 years as a cellular technician teaches you a few things about what works and what doesn't. ;)
    No, I do not have a pink fuzzy bunny fetish but apparently my Facebook hacking wife does.