Home Main Category Clubhouse

Who's goin' shopping today?

mkk41mkk41 BannedPosts: 1,932 Senior Member
Well , since it's sunny out , I'm at least gonna take a ride to 1 or 2 LGS while the wimmen-folk are at the malls. :tooth:

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Did Christmas shopping for myself online last night. Everybody on my list gets cash; if they don't get what they want, it's their fault! :tooth:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior Member Posts: 2,725 Senior Member
    My wife, daughter and sister-in-law went last night about dark, and came home about 1:30 this morning. They just left a few minutes ago to go back :silly:. I honest to God don't understand it! There's not a damn thing that any of 'em need! They've just got to spend money! Believe me.....it's difficult to be about 7/8ths Scot and 1/8th rogueish English, reared in the very conservative Southern Mountains and not worry about all of this! :nono:
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,682 Senior Member
    Dear god, no. there would need to be incoming fire to get me to take cover inside a store. That's the only way for me to go into a retail establishment today
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,720 Senior Member
    There is no way in hell that I would be a part of that mad house. The KOTCB and I ignore Christmas, because we have everything we need and almost everything we want. A rather compfortable position to be in, this day and age. Anyhow, Christmas is for kids......Robin

KOTCB: keeper of the check book....
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,272 Senior Member
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,000 Senior Member
    I told Clean I am too sick!
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,203 Senior Member
    I will be dropping by Menard's AFTER their 6 hour sale ends at 11 to pick up a few things. Thankfully, the store in not in a retail district and I will be able to get in and out like I normally do and I don't have to fight people inside either. Other than that, I will just shop online. I used some of my rewards points from a credit card to get this pretty sweet telescope for the whole family...
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0038LX8WU/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,865 Senior Member
    I can't think of a worse way to waste my time and energy fighting the mobs of shoppers. With the exception of actual guns, I shop for EVERYTHING else online. I buy ammo and gun accessories, motorcycle parts, electronics and Christmas gifts on the internet. Screw malls.....even with discounts, they're overpriced anyway. Amazon.com is my favorite mall.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    I'm going shopping with a 6.5-06, and the main item on the shopping list is deer. If a coyote happens to wander by, I might consider adding that one to the list!
    Jerry
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,702 Senior Member
    Well, I went to the battery store to get a new battery for my car. A cell died on it last night.
    Lowe's for lumber and some mounting hardware for my safe.
    Was at Wally-World last night at 4 AM to get a gun safe. It was actually pretty tame.
    Lowe's was the most crowded, but since I was in lumber and hardware, I avoided all the hustle and bustle...
    Overkill is underrated.
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    Yeah I don't do large crowds. Tends to really push my temper when dealing with multitudes of idiots under one roof. My recliner is much more appealing.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,270 Senior Member
    Well, its almost summer over here and the temps yesterday were over 20deg celsius. Being that hot the amount of material in womans clothes seems to have shrunk somewhat over winter which means lots of eye candy and scantily clad members of the opposite sex. Its sorta like walking around a candy store with an empty wallet but it beats sitting at home............or to put it in hunting terms, heading for the woods without any rifle. But even blind squirrels sometimes find a nut every now and then. PS: I feel embarassed to go against the weighty opinions of the members here which is why this is in small print
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,420 Senior Member
    Went to Sears at noon (sale over at one) for a fridge. Didn't have to wait at all.

Got a couple tools, only one person in line ahead of me.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 1,989 Senior Member
    Wife and daughters went last night after work. They started out with a couple of stores opening at 10 pm and then waited for a couple more at midnight. They didn't get home till 4:30 am. Personally I think they're friggen nuts.You wouldn't catch me any where near a retail store today.
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,420 Senior Member
    bhl2506 wrote: »
    Wife and daughters went last night after work. They started out with a couple of stores opening at 10 pm and then waited for a couple more at midnight. They didn't get home till 4:30 am. Personally I think they're friggen nuts.You wouldn't catch me any where near a retail store today.

My wifes niece was in WalMart at 0800 this morning. She said there was hardly anyone shopping. Guess they cleaned out the doorbusters, and went home.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Nice day here in Houston, but nothing could persuade me to shop on a crowded day like Black Friday. Next week is just fine.
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 4,119 Senior Member
    I just got back from the little hardware store not far from my house. Bought a Dewalt 18v drill with two batteries for $99. That's all the shopping I could get myself to do today.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,792 Senior Member
    Spent the morning in a tree stand, happily away from all that.

I much prefer to shop by internet - all of the acquisition, none of the human contact.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • rbsivleyrbsivley Senior Member Posts: 1,166 Senior Member
    Nope. I went to the hardware store down the road for some bolts and a buy/sell paper then back to the fortress.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/20169595/video-shows-shoppers-pushed-shoved-during-black-friday-sales
    Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknown

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith, and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God 9 not by works, lest any man should boast.
    Ephesians 2:8-9
    I went shopping after all.

I went to Food Liar for some Robitussin.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    I went. Because I backed over my Bailey's bike with my truck. She saw it happen and was inconsolable.

So... 20 minutes later I was in Walmart with my six year old, encouraging her to ride different bikes down the aisle to see which one fit her.

She was happy on the the ride home.
    Oh your sweet Daddy
  • JLDickmonJLDickmon Senior Member Posts: 1,726 Senior Member
    hell no
    Never laugh at your wife's choices.
    You are one of them.
  • rallykidrallykid Senior Member Posts: 657 Senior Member
    No way I was going out today. Bought a powerball ticket instead so I can do my shopping next week ;)
    No, I do not have a pink fuzzy bunny fetish but apparently my Facebook hacking wife does.
  • mkk41mkk41 Banned Posts: 1,932 Senior Member
    Hit 2 local gunshops. Both say they're buying almost as much as they sell. A friend/owner of 1 shop said to stop back tomorrow as he took in a few things he knows I'd be interested in. He was so busy he didn't have time to log it all in yet.
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    My wifes niece was in WalMart at 0800 this morning. She said there was hardly anyone shopping. Guess they cleaned out the doorbusters, and went home.

The youngest daughter stayed up till 5:30 thinking she would head to wally world but found her sleeping on the couch when I got up. From what I hear the wally world here wasn't to bad either.
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
    mkk41 wrote: »
    Hit 2 local gunshops. Both say they're buying almost as much as they sell. A friend/owner of 1 shop said to stop back tomorrow as he took in a few things he knows I'd be interested in. He was so busy he didn't have time to log it all in yet.

Sure pays to have friends in the right places. :up: