Home Main Category Clubhouse

Fat Billy - How about an intro?

ZeeZee Senior MemberPosts: 27,937 Senior Member
Instead of the drive by postings you are doing. Somewhat abrasive and snide in nature to the opinions of others on the forum.

A little background or at least a kiss hello might go over better than the subtle toe stepping.

Welcome.
"To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Dellrose TNPosts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Not gonna happen, Zee! Check under the bridge to see if he's still there!
    Jerry
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,937 Senior Member
    I'm not opposed to opinion. We all have them and I actually like someone not afraid to express theirs.

But, knowing and respecting the one giving that opinion helps.
  • mkk41mkk41 Banned Posts: 1,932 Senior Member
    Fat Billy?

Abrasive and snide opinions?

Is Billy Chuck Sutlive back?
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Good Lord you need to get back to the Locker Room....now you want flowers and a resume! J/k I know you're trying to be polite and civilized now.....but look at the name......were you giving the benefit of doubt? Sometimes a book CAN be judged by it's cover....If FB answers....I'll eat that crow with Tony's on it.

We gave a Eturn a blast, she turned out to be true, but I see she's pretty politcal-minded and has been lighting up the political forum...pretty much a Naturalist and Constintutionalist like me.......the world sucks, but let's talk about what's FAIR. I really like her and wished she shared our thoughts about hunting and shooting....each to their own.

But those are things it seems reserved for "those in the know".....I'd like to share them with the new people.
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
    mkk41 wrote: »
    Is Billy Chuck Sutlive back?

Don't think so....."mesican" would been a dead give-away though!
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • BufordBuford Senior Member CA. Beach citiesPosts: 6,721 Senior Member
    Billy Chuck told it like it was.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Atlanta GaPosts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Fat Billy has entered the building(applause). I'm new to the forum and thought it was an open format with in the rules listed. I was in the industry years back. The new technology in ammo and guns is awesome. If some think I'm too abrasive and snide just ignore my posts. Simple. Open Forum? YES, NO, MAYBE (please check one) I just post my opinion and ideas. Not trying to tick anyone off but you can't respect someones opinion who has the problem. NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, FOX, what do you watch for the news? Life is full of choices. Fat Billy, LIKE, DON'T LIKE (please check one). Fat Billy isn't sensitive. So what's UP? Fat Billy has left the building(applause, groopies, ect). :wink: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • sherwoodsherwood Senior Member Over taxed in Liberal MarylandPosts: 1,222 Senior Member
    Fat Billy wrote: »
    Fat Billy has entered the building(applause). I'm new to the forum and thought it was an open format with in the rules listed. I was in the industry years back. The new technology in ammo and guns is awesome. If some think I'm too abrasive and snide just ignore my posts. Simple. Open Forum? YES, NO, MAYBE (please check one) I just post my opinion and ideas. Not trying to tick anyone off but you can't respect someones opinion who has the problem. NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, FOX, what do you watch for the news? Life is full of choices. Fat Billy, LIKE, DON'T LIKE (please check one). Fat Billy isn't sensitive. So what's UP? Fat Billy has left the building(applause, groopies, ect). :wink: Later,

Glad you responded but you still haven't given us any background info. It's called being polite!
    I may be old but I ain't dead!
    DPRMD
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member VirginiaPosts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Fat Billy needs to get over himself, or Fat Billy may not be here long.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    Billy Chuck told it like it was.

I miss Wsutlive on here.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Near St. LouisPosts: 3,395 Senior Member
    Sherwood, a person's opinion sort of makes their resume. If they know what they're talking about, it shows. If they don't, it stands out like an athiest at a Jehoha's Witness convention.
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
    Awww , c'mon?

This place has gotten kinda dull at times. I miss BC too. We could use a few new 'characters'! Some people just gotta make a scene when they first enter a room , but settle in some after awhile. If they don't fit in with time , THEN we'll stomp on 'em! "imoit:
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 27,937 Senior Member

Found out what I needed to know.
    Zee wrote: »
    Found out what I needed to know.

Yeah , he talks about himself in third party! :confused:

STRIIIIKE ONE!!!! :banned:
  • NNNN Senior Member NCPosts: 25,200 Senior Member

Billy I went back and confirmed my past opinions of some of your posts becase I was confused by some of the comments here.

I found that your responses were OK and on the point and not at all abrasive or snide as one expects
    to get from some of the regulars here.

This post; however, changes things indicating you may have a chip on your shoulder. We'll see.

Welcome aboard, a slight intro would be nice.

I like to know if the person is real, not some kid making it up as he goes.
    You know, such as "I've been around guns all my life, got my first gun at 11, I'm 70,
    and been retired for 27 years"
    ect.
    Fat Billy isn't sensitive.
    I think you are.
  • sherwoodsherwood Senior Member Over taxed in Liberal MarylandPosts: 1,222 Senior Member
    Sherwood, a person's opinion sort of makes their resume. If they know what they're talking about, it shows. If they don't, it stands out like an athiest at a Jehoha's Witness convention.

Dan, I really hate to ask but what is your point with my response to Fat Billy? Am I wroung because I would like more background info? Tell me please so it doesn't happen again.
    DPRMD
    I live near Atlanta Ga. I am 58 yrs old(soon to be 59). I was in the Firearm buisness late 70s-early 80s. I am in automobile sales for 28 years(no white shoes or plad sportcoat). I have been married twice and am single now. I Love shooting, mtn bike riding, motorcycle racing and riding. I enjoy posting and reading opinions even if I don't agree to gather info pro and con. I hope this info helps eveyones request for info and is first person enough. Thanks for the welcomes and no comments on the others. See you on the web. :yesno: Later,
    Fat Billy

Thank you sir!
    DPRMD
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Near St. LouisPosts: 3,395 Senior Member
    sherwood wrote: »
    Dan, I really hate to ask but what is your point with my response to Fat Billy? Am I wroung because I would like more background info? Tell me please so it doesn't happen again.

Sherwood, not necessarily wrong, but this is the internet. Someone can make up a whole persona and no one would be the wiser. On the other hand, the content of their posts will normally indicate if they have a resume.

Don't ever hate to ask and don't ever consider what I have to write as a suggestion that you should ever stop doing anything. I'm just another member.

Best.

Dan
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Lake County, FloridaPosts: 7,927 Senior Member
    .......I Love shooting, mtn bike riding, motorcycle racing and riding.........
    What kind of bike do you ride? Yamaha Raider, here.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    I'm not owning a motorcycle at present. My last ride was a XR1200. Having a Harley was a different story but this is a gun web site. Send me a message with your email and I'll share it with you. I'm into 2 wheels like some people are into 1911s. :hug: Later,
    Fat Billy

• SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Sovereign SCPosts: 5,463 Senior Member
    Stick around Billy, and you will see this is much more than a gun site. We talk about all kinds of stuff here...
    Unless life also hands you water and sugar, your lemonade is gonna suck!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm in love with a Glock
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Somewhere north of MozambiquePosts: 6,636 Senior Member
    Stick around Billy, and you will see this is much more than a gun site. We talk about all kinds of stuff here...

Yeah, that^ Now, how do you feel about Gladiator movies? :tooth:

Welcome to our little corner of the interwebs! :beer:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • NNNN Senior Member NCPosts: 25,200 Senior Member
    Well, Billy, very interesting.

Did I write "Welcome Aboard"?
    Gladiator movies are cool! Glad to get some more welcomes. Oh NO! Keep away you warm and fuzzy feelings. Just remember, Hot Chili and cold beer keeps many things in line. Looking forward to future postings. :applause: Later,
    Fat Billy

• SirGeorgeKillianSirGeorgeKillian Senior Member Sovereign SCPosts: 5,463 Senior Member
    Ever been to a turkish prison?
    I'm in love with a Glock
    Do we progress to the grown men nekkid part...or should we just bypass that and dive into Marlin VS Winchester and .270 rifles? BTW....Tony's makes eating crow palatable....:tooth: Guess we've been eatin' too many cheetos lately....
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Somewhere north of MozambiquePosts: 6,636 Senior Member
    Speak for yourself, Cheetos is good eats!
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    Nancy-boy!
    I bet there is gel in his hair right now!
    I'm in love with a Glock