Home Main Category Hunting

Got my elk back from the processor today!

5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior MemberPosts: 3,923 Senior Member
He vacuum seals....and only was $280 even from a 270 lb animal.....Steaks, Roasts, and hamburger with .5% pork Suet...Waiting for my Cousin to get back from Houston to split it....then get a hold of MHS to see what he wants.....then offer some choice selections to my new boss and department head for allowing me to take a vacation so soon....My DH was on a deer-hog hunt in TX right before I left.....but didn't get anything......I'm just greasing the wheels and he's a good guy....but I know how to share. Gonna be some good eats for a few months!

Don't have to buy no beef no more...do dah....do dah!

ok....seen the looks.....who want's some?
God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!

Replies

• RazorbackerRazorbacker Senior Member Posts: 4,646 Senior Member
    That's awesome dude and one of the many things I like about hunting, sharing the bounty of the harvest.
    Teach your children to love guns, they'll never be able to afford drugs
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,009 Senior Member
    Congrats again. Enjoy the bounty of the harvest.

Sako
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,152 Senior Member
    That's a GREAT turnaround time for such a big beast. Love to hear that you are fully stocked for the winter with some REAL free range meat.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,934 Senior Member
    A little elk will motivate MHS for a late season hunt, and, when he mixes up some elk with one of those sours, he will smell more "elky":jester:.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    Hell, I'd love to try some elk jerky. Cheers to you brother.
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    amazing what free-range meat does to us.....feeling a fire again!
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    A little elk will motivate MHS for a late season hunt, and, when he mixes up some elk with one of those sours, he will smell more "elky":jester:.

MHS is a hunter.....we kill to eat....but don't take after nobody and do it all for ourselves....He's my brother so I have to share with him.
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,852 Senior Member

Season starts in a few more weeks, all I'm waiting on is the call from the land owner to say the elk have moved to his pasture! Season runs til Jan 31. Antegoats are up first weekend after next!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,112 Senior Member
    Very nice, Steve.

A friend from church gave us some venison antelope last week. I've already turned the antelope roast into jerky and gave him half of it, but we'll eat the venison.

I think you have some good eating.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    Thank you Jerry....need to get me a good dehydrator for making some Jerky...uncle Glen down in Houston uses the Family recipe for black-peppered jerky...time I learned it.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,934 Senior Member
    Season starts in a few more weeks, all I'm waiting on is the call from the land owner to say the elk have moved to his pasture! Season runs til Jan 31. Antegoats are up first weekend after next!

Oooh! An on site scout! So do you have to be packed and ready to go when they show up or will they be hanging out at that altitude for awhile?

BTW, I just got a brewers catalog and they got the Surly brewmaster to work up a clone kit for Furious Ale for them to sell, hopefully I will have some time to get my brewing off the ground.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,852 Senior Member
    Oooh! An on site scout! So do you have to be packed and ready to go when they show up or will they be hanging out at that altitude for awhile?

BTW, I just got a brewers catalog and they got the Surly brewmaster to work up a clone kit for Furious Ale for them to sell, hopefully I will have some time to get my brewing off the ground.

It's flat land territory, elk will be around more or less through the winter if there is enough snow. I just want to get on it earlier then later.

Furious would be a pretty good place to kick off brewing!
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.