Home Main Category Clubhouse

Everytime I rack the slide on my pump shotgun

BuffcoBuffco Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
It makes ME crap my pants and run away in fear.

Replies

• Fat BillyFat Billy Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Adult diapers? That noise will get everybodys attention. Like I said in another post if an intruder hears that and keeps coming you're gonna have to shoot 'em but most will run. The CLACK-CLACK of a pump will bring silence to a large crowd. I love it! :guns: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Posts: 8,639 Senior Member
    I just repared my front doorbell only to realize the only person that uses it is my wifes (very annoying) best friend. I should have used the sound of racking an 870 slide instead of the "ding ****"!!??
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Posts: 10,809 Senior Member
    Fat Billy wrote: »
    Adult diapers? That noise will get everybodys attention. Like I said in another post if an intruder hears that and keeps coming you're gonna have to shoot 'em but most will run.

Or......... if they also have a gun, they will start shooting in the direction of the sound to cover their exit.

First thing they should hear is, "BOOM!"
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • ZeeZee Posts: 27,936 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I just downloaded the sound it to my iPhone (yes there is an app for that). I figured it's a lot cheaper than buying an actual shotgun and if the effect is the same I'm good to go.

That was funny.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • NNNN Posts: 25,200 Senior Member
    Oh, your supposed to rack them :uhm: :bang:

I woundered why I only got one shot.
  • BuffcoBuffco Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    Wife saw me carrying my shotgun into the bathroom the other night. She asked why, I told her I was having constipation issues and was planning on squatting, then racking that slide, baby.
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    Or......... if they also have a gun, they will start shooting in the direction of the sound to cover their exit.

First thing they should hear is, "BOOM!"

Listen, we're feeding the myths here, bud. Keep your logic out of it.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »

If you knew that was what you heard and you wuz fixin to get a load of 00 Buck fired at you, yes ya might crap in yer pants. Of course, what if a savvy pump scattergun owner knew the trick of keeping the trigger depressed and pumping at the same time, starting off with it cocked on an empty chamber. Your time of contemplation would be greatly reduced.

Most forum members know the sound and would react/take cover/duck/fire back/retreat or whatever or at the least be alerted someone has jacked a shell in a shotgun or clearing one.

I wouldn't rely on it to deter 100%, but if it happened to work, why not? I know the movies have over-done the sequence of the slide being racked a million times over, but what would you really do if you heard it and were on the wrong end of the barrel?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Silly guys. This is a parody thread. In this thread, EVERYONE runs away at the sound of the shotgun racking, and it's not up for debate.
    Like I said in another post if an intruder hears that and keeps coming you're gonna have to shoot 'em but most will run.

You got data to support this statement?
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Posts: 18,226 Senior Member
    Like I said in another post if an intruder hears that and keeps coming you're gonna have to shoot 'em but most will run.

I've got a problem with "most"....have you interviewed 'most" intruders? Just exactly where did you come up with that....or is that your opinion/guess?
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    I would like to offer my humble apologies to the board for this thread. Apparently humor is lost on some.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Posts: 13,993 Senior Member
    Yours is just too high-brow.
    I'm just here for snark.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    I would like to offer my humble apologies to the board for this thread. Apparently humor is lost on some.

So you're saying I should *not* have chased the neighbors around, racking my 870 to see if they would poop and run?
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    So you're saying I should *not* have chased the neighbors around, racking my 870 to see if they would poop and run?

Well, the cops, like certain people, have no sense of humor about these things.
    Yours is just too high-brow.

Now that was hilarious.
  • bisleybisley Posts: 10,815 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I just downloaded the sound it to my iPhone (yes there is an app for that). I figured it's a lot cheaper than buying an actual shotgun and if the effect is the same I'm good to go.

Great - now everyone will get them and bad guys will become de-sensitized. Crap, now I'll have to buy a real shotgun.
    You can borrow mine, but I'll need it back in three to five years.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    You can borrow mine, but I'll need it back in three to five years.

You'll have to clean the doo-doo off it.. On account of him scaring hisself with it.

It was funny until someone threw BS on your Poop.

Well, actually that was funny too. Still BS, though.
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Jayhawker& Zee, No data or interviews but given the choice of a 12 guage or leaving what wound you do? A methed out crackhead would probably require good old primer ignition shortly. :nono: BOOM! :applause: Clack-Clack NEXT! Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
    Can't speak for JayH or Zee, but if someone is in my house in the middle of the night and it's not my Wife, they won't hear a slide rack.

NRA Endowment Member
  • BigDanSBigDanS Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    I personally get excited when I make my 870 chambers a round. My wife needs to beware.... ;)

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
    Jayhawker& Zee, No data or interviews but given the choice of a 12 guage or leaving what wound you do? A methed out crackhead would probably require good old primer ignition shortly. :nono: BOOM! :applause: Clack-Clack NEXT! Later,

You haven't a clue what I'll do. But, as you rack that slide and ponder my reaction, I'll know where you are pondering.
  • timctimc Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Silly guys. This is a parody thread. In this thread, EVERYONE runs away at the sound of the shotgun racking, and it's not up for debate.

Well at least the ones that don't faint dead away or slip in their own crap trying to run from the sound of racking the slide on a pump shotgun.
    You know there are exceptions to everything!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • orchidmanorchidman Posts: 8,393 Senior Member
    Not being able to use firearms for self defense over here we have to rely on the 'beeps' your phone makes when you dial 111 to make the BG's quake in their boots.

Its works...............really........... The crims know that they have 15mins before an unarmed LEO is going to arrive at the door.

( I could always rig up the home theatre system to play the sound of an 870 being 'racked' I guess......................followed by me shouting 'BANG' into the microphone............then again, I could always throw thunder flashes.........wait,........nah, that wont work, they have been banned by the antifun police )
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    Parody or not, there's some things shared in this thread that are simply too much information.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • ThatMattGuyThatMattGuy Posts: 666 Senior Member

What about RemOil? Did you soak the gun down with it before racking? lol
    The poster formerly known as '69MercCougar
    Now...to answer Buffy's inquiry....I only use my pump guns for Home Defense and Turkey Hunting....I found that since turkeys have a poor sense of smell Depends are quite useful to keep from soiling your hunting clothes...and ..... Since I keep the HD shotgun in the bathroom, I just make sure I sit down on the throne before racking the slide....nice and tidy...everything's contained....

The point is that we really do try to curb the dispensing of "gunshop wisdom" and other erroneous "facts" myths and other assorted BS here....We do get some new folks on here that are trying to learn something...