Home Main Category General Firearms

Mil-Dot Reticle - Who likes them?

13»

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,490 Senior Member
    10.8". 3 x 3.6...
    Overkill is underrated.
  • mkk41mkk41 Banned Posts: 1,932 Senior Member
    I'm not in combat or trained in the use of Mil-Dots , so I prefer a simple 'ladder' in the lower verticle line like a Burris Ballisti-Plex or the one Pentax is using on their new Gameseeker 30 line.
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,425 Senior Member
    Thank you!
    Snake,
    1 MIL=3.6 inches Per 100 Yards.
    10.8". 3 x 3.6...
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,788 Senior Member
    What rifle and chambering?

Me?

Remington R-25 in 7mm-08 - Remington's hunting version of the AR-10 with a 7mm-08 upper, 20" medium contour barrel. I don't know the twist ratio. I will be using hand loaded 139 gr. Hornady SST over Varget.
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,425 Senior Member
    Nice !
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,788 Senior Member
    Ernie is so right as he usually is on this stuff. Take a Range finder, you can always reticle range as he said if Murphy is in the field with you. It is good to finally make a choice and have a plan. I know you will do well and finally even try other things later on. Good luck, looking forward to seeing how things work for you.

Yeah, I'm working my way up, and with the limited practice time and facilities I have, I can't really justify going 'first class' on the equipment. Also, at my age, priorities change back and forth all the time. Right now, I will be tickled if I can just be as comfortable shooting medium sized game at 300 as I am at 100. When I accomplish that, hopefully, I will try to stretch things out a little more, at least on paper targets. Shooting further away only improves my personal marksmanship abilities - basically just an extension of the "aim small, miss small" shooting philosophy that my dad always stressed.