Home Main Category Clubhouse

Figured out my Christmas llist.....finally!

5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior MemberPosts: 3,923 Senior Member
Doonesbury "40: a Doonesbury Retrospective" Grew up with reading Gary Trudeau....it's my Peanut's Gang...was always partial to "Ambassador/Uncle Duke"....That and the entire run of ER....it's the modern-day M.A.S.H (last episode of MASH still holds the highest rating of most watched show in history).

Though that was a decade ago....E.R. was a damned good show. Walking Dead would be nice.....but it's still being played out.....so we'll have to wait for that.

Not sure about rifles...Wanna build a .35 Sambar (.300 WSM with a .35 cal bullet).....And a LAR Grizzly .44 mag. (wambli holds total suckage!)

Other than that....it gets deeply personal...but I can't get those things back...and wishing hell on those responsible isn't the right thing to do. God made me a weapon for good.....not vengeance. I want my child back!
God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!

Replies

• MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,887 Senior Member
    If you build that 35 on anything but a Mod 70 Classic or Montana 1999 I'll kick you repeatedly.
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Your're gonna be in this build....you know how I feel about Rem 700 actions...just cause I like Howa....doesn't mean I don't listen and learn.....Btw....meat's back and in the freezer.....just waiting on you and Justin...he get's half for bringing it up and pulling her out....you want Tenderloin or Backstrap?
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
    cpj wrote: »
    Wambli sold that Grizzly.

Full up Auto-Censor in effect!
    I've got straps and roast from JB's elk still. I'd be interested in a few packages of burger though! Just a few though, I still have 2 hunts coming up....

The build is easy, you either come across a good deal for an M70 CRF and MAYBE make a few bucks selling off the stock and barrel (not likely to be very honest) or you just order the proper action from Montana Rifle, they're M70 clones. You want the M70/1999 because they have proper magazines, 3.1", everyone else that makes a short mag ready rifle uses 308 actions at 2.8-2.95". I've never actually seen a used M70 CRF action around here, and online you are looking at 600-1000$ if you are on top of the auctions, plus shipping and transfer. Or you call up Montana Rifle and order the short mag action for 600-700$. The MR1999's have the exact same inletting as M70's so any stock made for a Winny will fit jut fine.
    You're such an Enabler! :tooth:
    Well, that is if you don't want to use a factory stock of course. Otherwise just get a 70. Gunbroker has several classic featherweight rifles for around 600. If you want synthetic go with the Montana
    How long does Factory Anything last with us!?