Home Main Category Hunting

Trail Camera Question

browninghunter86browninghunter86 MemberPosts: 351 Member
Can anyone tell me how much better battery life would be if I switched from using the C cell batteries in my game cameras to using a 12v batter pack that the companys now offer? I have a Wildview 8IR and a StealthCam I540 camera but have always ran off batteries and thinking it would be cheaper to invest in the battery packs using the 12v batteries
Andrew

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,452 Senior Member
    I haven't used the batteries sold for that purpose. I've used the 6 and 12 amp hour gel cell batteries used in alarm systems for my cameras. One of my cameras uses 6V and the other 12V, so I had to make a small power supply to convert the 12V to 6V for the camera. Not a big problem, though. Batteries for both only need recharging about every two months.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    I've got Primos cameras and they have a solar charger that you can connect to your battery that will keep it charged forever if you have even a little bit of sunlight. They're only about 20 bucks and they can charge a feeder battery also.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me