President Obama's Christmas vacation

2»

Replies

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,656 Senior Member
    Golf balls are a great free range target with a 22.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,957 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »

We got grass around these parts; a golf ball is as safe as a groundhog in it's hole.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,082 Senior Member
    I usually don't get too worked up about the "vacations." Talking with a photographer who was a White House photographer, the President usually does more work, and more efficiently when they're on "vacation." At least Pres. Reagan did. Fewer photo ops, meetings with pro sports teams, schoolkids, and scout groups. More time to actually do work. Also less time flying or travelling so they can make more efficient use of their time. That being said, I don't know if this is a "working vacation" or a "vacation vacation."
    Overkill is underrated.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,476 Senior Member
    That being said, I don't know if this is a "working vacation" or a "vacation vacation."

It better be a working vacation. Fiscal Cliff's in 31 days. If all he does is body surf for the next 21........:roll:

OTOH....that might not be a bad idea.

Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,957 Senior Member
    Don't matter if he's on vacation or not; he's got all them tsars or tzars, or whatever they are called, taking care of the store. If they mess up, he can blame them! :rotflmao:
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• EliEli Senior Member Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Pfffft! Golf is just an excuse to ride around in a golf cart, drank beer, and tell tall tales. :rotflmao:

Not I, I'm bad enough in a cart completely sober. :roll2:
  • snake284-1snake284-1 Senior Member Posts: 2,500 Senior Member
    Not to interrupt the party, but the man grew up mostly in HI. It seems pretty reasonable that that would be a place he would like to visit on a regular basis. If he had grown up in AL he'd probably spend a lot of time there instead. It just so happens that HI is a much nicer place to visit than AL (not that AL isn't a perfectly lovely place). I don't remember people complaining about the amount of time Bush spent in TX which also happened to be where he was from.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled program...

What was Bush's longest vacation in Texas? I don't think it was close to 21 days, maybe Two weeks and he stayed at his own ranch, not a luxury Hotel.
    I'm Just a Radical Right Wing Nutt Job, Trying to Help Save My Country!
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »

They really frown upon you plinking golf balls at the driving range with a .22.........and if you're doing a 3-D shoot on the course.....those guys get REAL po'd about it! Some people just have no sense of humor!

Thing about Reagan taking a vacation on his ranch......he was actually doing ranch-work too!

I wanna say something uncouth and smart-A.....but it would be offensive to people who had relatives who suffered Pearl Harbor.....as well as having the SS busting down my door. PM me if you really wanna know.....:tooth:
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 890 Senior Member
    snake284-1 wrote: »
    What was Bush's longest vacation in Texas? I don't think it was close to 21 days, maybe Two weeks and he stayed at his own ranch, not a luxury Hotel.

Obama could have bought a ranch for what his vacation costs, but Bush paid for his ranch and Obama uses taxpayers money for his vacations.

Can you even imagine Obama on a ranch? LOL
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,111 Senior Member
    Nomadac wrote: »
    Obama could have bought a ranch for what his vacation costs, but Bush paid for his ranch and Obama uses taxpayers money for his vacations. Can you even imagine Obama on a ranch? LOL
    Yeah, the closest he's been to a horse is the horsesh-- that comes out of his pie-hole.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
2»