Home Main Category Hunting

Finished up another fun week in th woods

timctimc Senior MemberPosts: 6,684 Senior Member
Well still no deer in the freezer but I had a lot of fun anyway. The week wasn't a total loss I ended up taking two large boars, a Javalina and a coyote. One of my hunting buddies took a nice boar as well last weekend. Still seeing a lot of deer but nothing I could shoot until this morning; I saw two nice does about 7:10 but they were about 500 yards out and trotting the wrong direction. I'm not too worried yet, we still have 2 months of hunting to go and it hasn't really gotten cold yet and the rut won't start for about three more weeks.
Here's some pig pics...
All were taken with my trusty model 700 custom .308.
Took this big boy this morning at 165 yards with a head shot just below the ear.
C88CF563-28D9-4848-9AC4-E974AB8E1B97-7381-000017E05C54D6A8.jpg

Javalina 140 yards, neck shot. I have a special hate for Javalina, nasty little corn eating rodents.
A84E9F93-B051-4C43-9E4E-40DA6636BEF2-6891-0000168AFE0C804F.jpg

Took this monster last Friaday evening, this was the Texas heart shot I posted about earlier in the week. With the big ugly one my buddy popped that put us at around 800-900+ pounds of pork on the ground! The coyotes are going to be eating good for a few days.
70DB1BDE-724D-4D8F-9BFB-26C5F40D7D13-4439-00001026E08F205B.jpg
timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
AKA: Former Founding Member

Replies

• snake284-1snake284-1 Senior Member Posts: 2,500 Senior Member
    Tim, that .308 is a hog's nightmare for sure. Good shooting. We do have some time left. All I got was that one doe so far, but I feel confident things will change. We have lots of coyotes and I'm tempted to open season on them, because on the days when they are around there's no deer to be seen.
    I'm Just a Radical Right Wing Nutt Job, Trying to Help Save My Country!
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,086 Senior Member
    Dude! Where's the dead coyote?
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Dude! Where's the dead coyote?

Well I didn't want to admit it but when we were taking pics of my buddies pig I set my camera on the feeder on the front of my hunting buggy and when I moved it to load the pig I ran over my camera. Ok you got it out of me, are you happy! LOL I know what I'm getting for Christmas.

I guess I could of used my phone but I didn't think about it.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,391 Senior Member
    timc wrote: »
    I set my camera on the feeder on the front of my hunting buggy and when I moved it to load the pig I ran over my camera.
    Tim Tim Tim Tim Tim <shakes head> :punch:"imoit:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    snake284-1 wrote: »
    Tim, that .308 is a hog's nightmare for sure. Good shooting. We do have some time left. All I got was that one doe so far, but I feel confident things will change. We have lots of coyotes and I'm tempted to open season on them, because on the days when they are around there's no deer to be seen.

We are over run with pigs and song dogs, all are shot in sight. 30 minutes after I shot that coyote a deer walked out to the feeder about 100 yards from where I shot it.
    I had this little buck milling around my blind almost every day but he is too small to shoot. Sorry for the picture quality, I took it with my phone.
    105FCB72-6BA1-4395-8634-1E668E481039-7381-000017E36F770325.jpg
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,086 Senior Member
    That there is some funny stuff.....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,297 Senior Member
    Nice work, Tim!
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov