Rude awakening at 3am last night.

ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 BannedPosts: 2,645 Senior Member
Bit of a long story and I meant to post it up earlier but ive been home on the couch sick all day. Anyway, me and the wife fell asleep on the couch last night watching a movie. I sleep like the dead once I'm out cold btw. At about 3am, my wife awakes me saying that she thinks someone is knocking on the door. I grabbed my LCR in a tired and confused stupor and went to the door. It was our neighbor Bobbie (female.) She was crying and covered in blood holding a towel on her face. I let her in and Mary pulled up a chair for her to sit on. She informed that her drunken boyfriend punched her in the mouth, knocking her out because he thought she poured out his beer. She was in pretty bad shape, bleeding pretty bad from her face and mouth. I dialed 911 from my phone, asked for a cop and answered the operators questions as best as I could. Within a few minutes a cop arrived. We let him in and gave him a rundown. With Bobbies permission, he went to her house and entered only to find that the BF split and was gone. The more screwed up part was that he left their 15 month old daughter in the house when he split. The cop came back over and him and Bobbie went over there so they could complete the police report. In the meantime, I had a hunch of where he ran off to as we are surrounded by woods. I slowly and quietly posted up in the dark behind the neighbors and was scanning the woods. Didnt see anything, but heard some rustling in the woods. Went over to Bobbies where she and the cop were and informed him that I heard him rustling in the woods behind a neighbors shed. To make it short, I was right. I took the path to the north of the shed and the cop took the south. The BF was indeed behind the shed on his phone calling his mom to get him. The officer pulled his sidearm and was able to get him on the ground and cuff him. Than after all this, with him detained, a multitude of cops showed up. He is now in jail on charges of domestic violence. She went to the ER to have her wounds looked at. She is okay besides emotional trauma and some oral lacerations. Just glad they caught him and I was able to help. Extremely surprised that the officer allowed me to assist him in surrounding the shed btw. He was aware I was armed too. What a night.

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,837 Senior Member
    Extremely surprised that the officer allowed me to assist him in surrounding the shed btw. He was aware I was armed too. What a night.

That happens around here as well....one deputy (with a 20 minute response time) shows up and he appreciates the backup...

Sounds like the whole thing went down as well as those things can be expected to go...:up:
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • ghostsniper1ghostsniper1 Banned Posts: 2,645 Senior Member
    Yes it did. He had court this morning and was set with a $10,000 bond. She also attended and filed successfully for a restraining order. I was surprised that they didnt add a charge for child neglect since he left their baby in the house.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,727 Senior Member
    That went pretty well considering, glad the neighbor is OK.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,119 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    That went pretty well considering, glad the neighbor is OK.

That's right, things could have gone a lot worse, and kudos to ghostsniper1 for maintaining his cool, calling the cops, providing backup and using his hunting/stalking skills to locate and help apprehend the bad guy. Looks as though the courts are going to do the right thing by that young mother, too.
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Good job, ghost. There have been a few occasions in which I have been on the periphery of an incident and been asked to provide a second set of eyes until it was resolved. Feels good to help.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,685 Senior Member
    You are a good man and you have done a rightous thing. Kudos to you....
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
  • rbsivleyrbsivley Senior Member Posts: 1,055 Senior Member
    Good job protecting the weak and helpless. I'm sure the cop was glad you were there and armed.
    Randy

Rank does not concur privileges. It imposes responsibility. Author unknown
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,353 Senior Member
    It's nice when a cop realizes that ordinary citizens are their best friends.
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior Member Posts: 2,725 Senior Member
    Yes, ghost, you did a great job, and you have my admiration and respect! BUT.....the unfortunate thing is that the young woman is very subject to having remorse over her dips--t boyfriend being in trouble with the Law and is subject to dropping all charges and pleading with the Court to be forgiving and give him a second chance! He IS the father of her child, right? Sadly I've seen this scenario played out time after time! We were, and still are to a lesser degree, associated with the local "Battered Wife/Girlfriend Half-Way House Agency" and take in women and kids beat to a pulp like this one was headed to be...and very possibly WILL be at some future time! Even built a small 900sq ft refuge house here on our place to take in women and children like this, and have had them stay 2-3 days to 2-3 months! I know from a lot of experience what I'm talking about! If you and your wife have any influence with this young woman then try to convince her to get rid of the scumbag. He will never change, and probably get worse especially if he has a drinking problem!
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Wambli, I've given up hope on relying on neighbors in this kind of situation. Don't get me wrong, we have great neighbors, but there are only two that I would expect might lend a hand in a situation, and they're on the other ends of the block. Our immediate next-door neighbors on one side are a young Asian family who pretty much keep to themselves, and on the other side are a young lawyer and his family. Both households are pacifist, from our conversations.

So I have to rely on our two little hairy noisemakers and the Wife, with her .357. Oh well.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    Yeah these are the same neighbors that we had a problem with when we first moved in. The ones that couldn't keep their music down. We had since buried the hatchet, and I was aware that he is an alcoholic, but damned if I was expecting that. Sad thing is that y'all are right. He had a history of being verbally abusive to her. She would kick him out and woe his way back only a few days later. I hope she wakes up after this one
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,727 Senior Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    Wambli, I've given up hope on relying on neighbors in this kind of situation. Don't get me wrong, we have great neighbors, but there are only two that I would expect might lend a hand in a situation, and they're on the other ends of the block. Our immediate next-door neighbors on one side are a young Asian family who pretty much keep to themselves, and on the other side are a young lawyer and his family. Both households are pacifist, from our conversations.

So I have to rely on our two little hairy noisemakers and the Wife, with her .357. Oh well.

I have one Marine, one with 22 yrs in the 101st, hunters on both sides of me and behind me, former police chiefs mom, and several veterans on my block, I knocked on some doors before I bought my house, I have GREAT neighbors. If any or all of them showed up in a similar situation, more than adequate backup.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,668 Senior Member
    Yes it did. He had court this morning and was set with a $10,000 bond. She also attended and filed successfully for a restraining order. I was surprised that they didnt add a charge for child neglect since he left their baby in the house.

Probably because a defense lawyer could throw that back on her for leaving a baby with someone she believed to be drunk and violent.

Good for you helping. Now, make sure that girl knows some stuff about self defense.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,327 Senior Member
    Beans soup with a generous dose of rat poison is the best cure for drunk women-beating good-for-nothing creeps.

Watch out for any retaliations from this moron.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,837 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    I have one Marine, one with 22 yrs in the 101st, hunters on both sides of me and behind me, former police chiefs mom, and several veterans on my block, I knocked on some doors before I bought my house, I have GREAT neighbors. If any or all of them showed up in a similar situation, more than adequate backup.

I shot a coop raiding **** late one night, my neighbor showed up in a bathrobe and slippers toting a 12 gauge wondering if "everything was alright over here" I love this place...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • MississippiBoyMississippiBoy Senior Member Posts: 819 Senior Member
    You sounds like a neighbor I'd like to have. Well done. :up:
  • bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 1,847 Senior Member
    You done good ghost. I wish I had neighbors like you where I live. :applause:
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
    Thanks fellas. Just did what I thought was right
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,061 Senior Member
    Good job, man. What a dirtbag the BF is. Any "man" who would punch the face of a woman and do that kind of damage deserves to have the livin' sh-- beat out of him!
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    Good job, man. What a dirtbag the BF is. Any "man" who would punch the face of a woman and do that kind of damage deserves to have the livin' sh-- beat out of him!
    Yeah I agree. Sad part is that I just got home from work and my wife informed me that somebody apparently made his bail. If I had to guess, I'd say it was his mommy. I truly hope he gets time for this.
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,582 Senior Member
    Great job on your part!

Hope that as mentioned she follows through and gets the abusive "BF" behind bars for a good spell.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".